• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks FA Targets Update?

Guest BraveHawk

• Moderators

Thanks for posting those. Looks like on a PER36 basis they're gonna be close to equal in scoring and rebounding.

Something isn't adding up on the offensive win shares. And no way is Monroe anywhere near that good defensively.

The OWS do add up to me.  Much better scoring efficiency, better scoring productivity, much better A/TO, and more offensive rebounds.

Kaman 12.1 pp36, 9.7 rp36

Monroe 16.0 pp36, 10.3 rp36

The OWS do add up to me. Much better scoring efficiency, better scoring productivity, much better A/TO, and more offensive rebounds.

Kaman 12.1 pp36, 9.7 rp36

Monroe 16.0 pp36, 10.3 rp36

Not that much to be so insanely higher. You're talking 4 points and .5 rebounds and similar shooting %'s but somehow OWS aren't even remotely close.

The numbers I posted are much more accurate.

IF you can see what Boston did with their draft picks, how can you argue against us using our draft picks to get a talented player? However, instead of getting a player who will be burned out n 2 yrs, we could get a guy who could be a major force at 26 in 2 years....

Same thing with Harden.

Houston took advantage of a team that had too much player and not enough salary. Look at Detroit, they overpaid for Smith and now they have a log jam in the frontcourt and duplication all over the place. This is our time to make the Daryl Morey move and you guys are concerned about these gold nuggets that never have done s--- for us. Really?

If you can get me a KG in his prime like Boston did, or a Ray Allen that was still contributing awesome numbers in 2007, or even a Harden, then sure ill throw in a draft pick. But Monroe is none of those guys. If Monroe was any if those guys, we would have seen it in the last year or two. It's not happening. I am all about getting defensive players, specially when it comes to our center who will be patrolling the paint. I don't want a guy that people will be abusing in the paint.

• Moderators

Not that much to be so insanely higher. You're talking 4 points and .5 rebounds and similar shooting %'s but somehow OWS aren't even remotely close.

The numbers I posted are much more accurate.

That is funny because the numbers you posted were for 1 season and if you prorate them over four seasons you get:

Kaman 1.6 OWS

Monroe 14.8 OWS

It isn't even close when you cherry pick the seasons!

(As an aside, on the shooting %s they aren't particularly close.  ~22% is a big difference, IMO.)

I've said since the 1st post that Kaman was better before he got hurt. Nobody ever said a thing about cumulative stats over their careers. Not everyone comes into the league at their peaks. It took Kaman until his 5th season. Monroe just finished his 4th and I guarantee you he won't get 16/3/3 next year or ANY year of his career.

On the %'s it's not 22%, it is .022%. I know you know that but it's a fairly big distinction between a 52% shooter and a 30% shooter.

If you can get me a KG in his prime like Boston did, or a Ray Allen that was still contributing awesome numbers in 2007, or even a Harden, then sure ill throw in a draft pick. But Monroe is none of those guys. If Monroe was any if those guys, we would have seen it in the last year or two. It's not happening. I am all about getting defensive players, specially when it comes to our center who will be patrolling the paint. I don't want a guy that people will be abusing in the paint.

Kevin Love!

• Premium Member

Uhm... KG was no longer in his prime when Boston traded for him... neither was Ray.  However, at 23-24 how can you even whisper that Monroe has touched his prime?  Monroe is a young player who has played under bad coaching and have shown very good fundamentals and has been productive on the offensive side of the ball even though he was put out of position after his second year.  While playing in position before Drummond, he was shooting 55%.  He has the low post scoring, the passing, and the midrange game that we seek.    He's a breakout waiting to happen.  And your too scared to move a protected 2016 pick for him??  Please....

Read or at least it was a rumor that Monroe said he wouldn't play with Smith?> 

• Premium Member

Read or at least it was a rumor that Monroe said he wouldn't play with Smith?> 

I believe it.   I believe the rumor said if they didn't trade Smith, he would sign his QO.  That's a hint that he would be unrestricted next year and they would not be able to match and they would lose him for nothing.

When you look at the body language between he and Smoove, I think these guys don't get along.  However, Smoove is not his problem on court.   His problem on court is Drummond.  Drummond is actually a duplication (better rebounder/defender) of Monroe.  They play the same parts of the court... since Drummond has been there, they have moved Monroe High post and forced him to be a PNR PF.  He does it, but he has missed out on the other parts of his offense when he plays with Drummond.  However, when it's him and Smith, I believe the nimbers bear out that they are very productive because Monroe plays better down low.

You're still missing the point D.  Yeah the Hawks have sucked at drafting but that doesn't mean other teams don't want our 1st round picks. That's why you save them for players who are worth it.  

If we do it your way and give up a 1st (or TWO???) for a good but not All-Star caliber C in Monroe then we've got no 1sts left to offer if a real All-Star type of talent comes available via trade. That's just not good business and it's not smart. 

He doesn't want to get the point.  His point is just to argue. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBYMKWu65Fs

You telling me they won't match an offer sheet?

Oh, I say the best course of action is to try to trade with them.   Moreover, they don't fear us as much as they fear Dallas.

Uhm... KG was no longer in his prime when Boston traded for him... neither was Ray. However, at 23-24 how can you even whisper that Monroe has touched his prime? Monroe is a young player who has played under bad coaching and have shown very good fundamentals and has been productive on the offensive side of the ball even though he was put out of position after his second year. While playing in position before Drummond, he was shooting 55%. He has the low post scoring, the passing, and the midrange game that we seek. He's a breakout waiting to happen. And your too scared to move a protected 2016 pick for him?? Please....

KG wasn't at his prime at age 29? The guy came out at a high schooler. He didn't play much the first couple season. Played some but wasn't ridden into the ground. Ray Allen was a top 5 shooter in the nba in 2007, believe that. I know it was a long time ago but comon man, try and remember instead of just wanting to stick it to me for calling you out on your bs.