Hawks Look at Juan Dixon, Tayshaun Prince

jaywalker72

The Atlanta Hawks will continue their pre-draft workouts at Philips Arena on Monday, June 17, with six players invited to Atlanta for player evaluations.

Additional workouts are planned for June 20, 22, 24 and 25, as the Hawks prepare for NBA Draft 2002 on Wednesday, June 26.

At this time, Atlanta will only have one pick in the upcoming draft -- #37 overall - in the second round.

Included in this group are a variety of guards and scorers like Juan Dixon and Tayshaun Prince, which would fit the Hawks needs for more scoring off the bench, with Prince also filling a need for swingman depth.

Also, the Hawks have invited a couple of frontcourt players, including former Florida standout Udonis Haslem, who could be a Danny Fortson-type player, with touch, in the NBA.

The following players listed below are scheduled to take part in the sessions on June 17 and 20:

Read the entire article:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

I do feel Prince will struggle to make the adjustment from playing the four position in college to playing the three position in the pros.

I think the guy that could surprise people is Mims from Southern Mississippi. The guy can score and has a nack for putting himself in the right position at the right time. He's got good defensive ability and a good sense for what is happening on the floor. He's a plus athlete as well who got himself lots of boards buy just outjumping other guards and forwards.

A guy we have to consider despite his size is Steve Logan though. I've been a proponent of his for a while now. Some don't think he is a true point. I do. The guy can dish the ball with the best of them, and he has a nack for putting the ball in the basket.

• Premium Member

I doubt Prince will have problems making the transition. He's better than you give him credit for. He needs about 20 more pounds though. I would still take him though. Any word on his workout?

I think he would be one hell of a scorer off the bench to play at 2 guard with someone like Email in at the point and maybe Toni at the 3. He is a devastating scorer who knows how to get to the cup. I would love having him with our 37th pick, but I am not sure he will still be around then. He couldnt play PG for us because he has absoultely zero PG skills though. In times when we want to run the other team out of the gym we could put JT at the point, DJ at the 3 and Dixon at the 2. We would be small and skinny, but damn we would be fast and athletic.