• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Have we become a punchline?

noble

I have been a fan for 30 years and will be for another 30 years God willing. Being a true fan has nothing do with putting your head in the sand and pretending this franchise is something its not..

This. We as fans can make fun of our 'living in the past' Hawks. Heck. go look on their facebook page, last post was about Nique.

We have gotten some good publicity in the past though...remember Bert Gummer in the Tremors movies...notice his hat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xeHPdm7e-Y

I tried to like this but ran out. :)

All I know is that this past season I enjoyed watching Hawks basketball - more than I have in a LONG time.

It was  dissappointing when we lost but not the crazed, screaming at the TV,  foaming at the mouth like years past.

vacation1.gif

All I know is that this past season I enjoyed watching Hawks basketball - more than I have in a LONG time.

It was  dissappointing when we lost but not the crazed, screaming at the TV,  foaming at the mouth like years past.

vacation1.gif

Agreed...we didn't have Zaza or Ivan the terrible...but we had the streak, Millsap and team ball.  38 and 44 wasn't all that bad considering injuries and we snuck into the playoffs.  Overall I would consider it a fun season.

The ball movement was a huge improvement over the pounding of the Woody era IMO.

vacation1.gif

Oh please.  If you're not foaming at the mouth and questioning your sanity rootin' for the Hawks you're not doing it right.  no-no.gif

I would say that if you think this franchise is a punchline, then please go follow another team.  

"If" we make it far in the playoffs one year, it will make it that much sweeter.  That is what is called being a fan.  

I agree, but it is getting really really annoying watching all of the other teams win a title in my lifetime and my Hawks not even sniffing one. I am not going to stop being a fan, but I am also not going to sit here and say I am completely happy with this team. I enjoyed this team more this past season, but the end result was the same. Is it wrong to want more for the team I support? Is it wrong for me to want excitement? Is it wrong to want the Hawks to be considered a great team?

I agree, but it is getting really really annoying watching all of the other teams win a title in my lifetime and my Hawks not even sniffing one. I am not going to stop being a fan, but I am also not going to sit here and say I am completely happy with this team. I enjoyed this team more this past season, but the end result was the same. Is it wrong to want more for the team I support? Is it wrong for me to want excitement? Is it wrong to want the Hawks to be considered a great team?

The whole "You're not a true fan" thing is to shame anyone that thinks outside of the box.

Fan= Fanatic... Which means  an irrational love for something.  

Is it wrong for me to want excitement?

Of course not!  That's why I always want my team to be really good or really bad.  That's what makes great conversation.  Nobody wants to talk about a team that hovers around mediocrity all the time - I say either Suck or Get Good.

I would prefer "getting good" of course.  But I'll take 20-62 with an upcoming Lottery pick over 39-43.

• Like 1

I have been a fan for 30 years and will be for another 30 years God willing. Being a true fan has nothing do with putting your head in the sand and pretending this franchise is something its not..

Who said ANYTHING about it being okay to be a one and done every year?  We aren't a punch line though.  I hate Hawks fans who have "battered wife syndrome" and claim to be realists.

I have never once said that this is a championship franchise.  It simply isn't.  We are trying to get there, and I will support the team, coaches, and the front office while we work to get there.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  

• Like 1