• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks re-engaged on Deng [Updated: Signs with Heat 2 yrs 20 million]

GameTime

Not that I have anything against a guy who's trying to get the most money he can, but when a guy has a significant amount of mileage on him and he's closing in on 30 that scares me that he's trying his hardest to get paid.  Let's not forget that he's got a wrist that needs surgery either and that he's got 10 years of 36 mpg on his body. He's basically a heavily driven rental car at this point and he's trying to charge a premium for a ride. 

Yeah, Ferry was trying to get Deng and Monroe to accept less to come together.

He's still talking to both. Deng not looking likely right now however.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok! Way to bring some positivity back! Please tell us more!

We were either getting him or a above average PG. If we were going to get a stop gap PG, we would've drafted a PG that was closer to taking over for him.

And is that Al comment towards Payne? Just trying to make sure. And if we're worried about Horford I dont think a PF with a tiny lower body is the answer to our prayers.

Who said anything about getting a stop gap PG? We had Mack as the stop gap PG to replace Teague.  Schröder is the PG of the future. 

We were either getting him or a above average PG. If we were going to get a stop gap PG, we would've drafted a PG that was closer to taking over for him.

And is that Al comment towards Payne? Just trying to make sure. And if we're worried about Horford I dont think a PF with a tiny lower body is the answer to our prayers.

I think you need to go have a quick look see at the 2013 draft then tell me what other PG was available and drafted after Dennis in the first round.

Regarding Payne - I'll take your word on his tiny lower body. Still seems like a good draft pick at #15 (time will tell)

I think you need to go have a quick look see at the 2013 draft then tell me what other PG was available and drafted after Dennis in the first round.

Regarding Payne - I'll take your word on his tiny lower body. Still seems like a good draft pick at #15 (time will tell)

I like Payne a lot. I like the player. I just dont like that we have a logjam of big men and no real slasher on the wings.

Would Ferry really have started the Bud years with Mack as the starting PG?

It's possible.  I know some here don't appreciate Mack but he's a quality PG.  Plays good defense, smart, fiery, protects the ball, can shoot the 3 well.  Played in 2 national championship games so he's got big game experience.  We really got a steal getting him without having to draft him. 

• Like 1

My point was I wouldn't have taken a PG, but I get what you're saying.

And Teague was a RFA so we weren't going to lose him unless we wanted to. Which it did look like we wanted to there for a while

It's possible. I know some here don't appreciate Mack but he's a quality PG. Plays good defense, smart, fiery, protects the ball, can shoot the 3 well. Played in 2 national championship games so he's got big game experience. We really got a steal getting him without having to draft him.

I do like Mack. But if he started out last year, we wouldn't really have known all of that information. Last year was when he really started getting prime minutes right?

I do like Mack. But if he started out last year, we wouldn't really have known all of that information. Last year was when he really started getting prime minutes right?

We, as Hawksquawk posters? No we wouldn't have known.  

Ferry and his team would have known cause they'd seen him for an entire year already. 

No. The Hawks are likely somewhere between $10,800,954 -- $10,421,996 in Cap Space after waiving Salmons and having announced Thabo. So that is what you need to jump with. I have no idea how you got to $13.5m.

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2014/7/10/5818954/nba-salary-cap-set-2014-15-season

As is more often than not, @coachx had the right numbers on this one.

You just made my day.... I've been in a trader / risk management class all week..... Even today.

I was really high on the Dennis pick but he's still got a long way to go. Mack has been a huge and welcomed surprise. Very polished, great ball handler. Steady. Nice shot. After seeing that SL game yesterday, I'm not entirely sure how much Dennis has grown. Good court vision and all, but he had turrible nimbers. Could've been having an off game, but made me less worried knowing that we've got Mack likely coming back. Good thing about Mack, too, is that he can play the 2.

What does he want?

Yeah Dennis looked a lot like he did last year

Well it's not like he's gotten a ton of experience since then.  He barely played last season and they've only had the scrimmage games they've been doing to get better.  But he was able to get to the rim at ease yesterday and set up a lot of wide open shots as well. Yeah he shot poorly but the shots weren't far off from going in. Teague used to have the same problem of not being able to get those shots at the rim to go in.  That will come with time. 

What does he want?

Someone to pay him more than he's worth.  Thankfully Ferry isn't as desperate as some of the people here who want to overpay him.

Guest BraveHawk

It means he still trying to get a big payday.

How much do you think the Hawks can and are willing to offer Deng? Is anyone offering him more?

It means he still trying to get a big payday.

Yes but he should realize that no one will offer him a 15M contract like Parsons....

I suppose that he wants to wait until Houston match the offer for Parsons and see how much Dallas offers him