• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We have a odd team....

JTB

Ever thought about how weird this team is?....

For example:

-horford is our best player on the team (most should agree with that) but in the situation we are trying to close out a game I would rather the ball be in Teague or Milsap hands to make a play.

-though horford is our best player. Teagues play is is the most important on the whole team and will determine how far we go as a team. (Odd that possibly our 3rd best player is the head of the snake...I don't think you can argue that)

-then let's look at milsap...say what you want but sap is honestly our best scorer. Horford nor Teague is as savy or creative as sap when it comes to scoring and they aren't as versatile as sap when it comes to scoring.

Sap actually can make the argument to have the ball in his hands at the end of games more so than anyone else on our team to be honest...why not?...we seem to not be able to close out games anyways, why not give the ball to our most versatile scorer?

I understand that we are a TEAM but honestly your best player wheather he's a center or guard should be able to do EVERYTHING....horford is close but I wouldn't depend on big Al to give us buckets to close out a game or when we just need it throughout the game......

I dunno... I wouldn't call us odd, maybe more like ... versatile. I wouldn't have a problem with Teague, Sap, or Horf trying to close a game. All three are talented. My guess is that Bud would have a situation where there would be choices... Not just one option

• Like 1

I dunno... I wouldn't call us odd, maybe more like ... versatile. I wouldn't have a problem with Teague, Sap, or Horf trying to close a game. All three are talented. My guess is that Bud would have a situation where there would be choices... Not just one option

agree

Great point!

• Premium Member

Never liked teams where the best player can't create his own offense. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

Does Tim Duncan create his own offense? More so than Horford?

God, yes. Did you watch him take over and close out OKC?

Much, much more so than Horford. Just because he plays in a system doesn't take away those skills.

• Like 1

I believe that Horford has showed new flashes on offense when he played last year. Maybe not to the same degree as Duncan, but he has played in the system longer and is probably more comfortable innovating within the system than Horgan was.

I hope you are not suggesting that Hoff has no more to give us. I think that every year Horford shows improvements in his offensive game. I am looking forward to seeing him play again.

I believe that Horford has showed new flashes on offense when he played last year. Maybe not to the same degree as Duncan, but he has played in the system longer and is probably more comfortable innovating within the system than Horgan was.

I hope you are not suggesting that Hoff has no more to give us. I think that every year Horford shows improvements in his offensive game. I am looking forward to seeing him play again.

Oh I definitely agree that horford gets better each and every year but I know that sap is the better overall scorer and most versatile on the team.

Sap is just a better iso scorer...when you need it.

I just hope we are not through adding.

If I had to be honest if Teague could defend better and get his jumpshot down....he honestly would then be our best player.

Then again we can say that about any of our players.

Does Tim Duncan create his own offense? More so than Horford?

uuuummmm, yeah.........at the end of a game I every confidence that you can give TD the ball and expect him to make a basket, Al not so much.

• Premium Member

For all the talk about system, Duncan, Parker and Manu create their own scoring opportunities and do it at a star level. All three would still be great players on other teams. The Hawks do not yet have a player that can get it done on the level of those three.

For all the talk about system, Duncan, Parker and Manu create their own scoring opportunities and do it at a star level. All three would still be great players on other teams. The Hawks do not yet have a player that can get it done on the level of those three.

Not to be rude, but those three will be HOF's. Including the coach. It's all about system. They're old and just won the trophy. Put Duncan and Manu on... Phoenix today, 30 wins, tops.

• Premium Member

Not to be rude, but those three will be HOF's. Including the coach. It's all about system. They're old and just won the trophy. Put Duncan and Manu on... Phoenix today, 30 wins, tops.

Go back and watch just the last game of the finals and tell me how many of those Manu drives to the basket or pull up three pointers are "all about system". How many of those post scores in isolation by Duncan over the years is "all about system"? When Pop was specifically asked about there success as an organization, even he didn't say it was all about system. Yes it facilitates an efficient style of basketball. But the players are who have made that system great and not the other way around.

Not sure how you figure putting Manu and Duncan on Phoenix makes them a 30 win team when that team won more than 30 games last year. And just because there older doesn't mean they can't still be great at basketball.

Edited by Jody23