• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The League is Wrong on Ray Rice.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm not one to side with a wife beater, but Roger G has made his misstep.

This is like.... The video came out and Roger G said... Yeah, I can correct my mistake.

So he suspends Rice indefinitely and the Ravens fired him.

There needs to be a moment of pause here.

You suspended him for 2 games for this offense already.

Yes, it was horrible and anyother word that you can come up with but When you saw him drag her out of the elevator, you couldn't believe that they were playing hopscotch in there?  You knew at some point he hit her... and knocked her out.  You knew it wasn't accidental.  You knew that he hit her with purpose.  So just because now people can see it and go in further on the NFL because of it's slap on the wrist that you gave the first time... doesn't mean that you get to re-prosecute Rice.  I hope he sues and wins because this is ridiculous.

IF you say the suspension is 2 games on Rice.. Then abide by that and hold your nose through this stink.

If you say that the suspension is 6 games for first timers post Rice... Then abide by that...

But to suspend him indefinitely just because people see the ugliness that we all knew had happened... WRONG!

This should have been done at the start - to make it retroactive because of the backlash makes Goodell look like a real jackass.

It shouldn't have taken the tape being released for this punishment to occur.

At the beginning of the video it sure looks as if Ray spit at her. Did he mean to knock her unconscious, most likely not. Her hitting her head on the elevator grab bar was more likely the cause, but Ray's lack of concern as he waited for the elevator to open was even more appalling.

Then to top it off, he kicks her with his foot to nudge her when the door opens, she doesn't respond so he proceeds to pick her up without any lack of care or concern.

This leads me to believe it's not the first time he's hit her.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

I dunno about this one. I am not a Goodell fan at all but I don't think that he was covering anything up or in the wrong for correctly punishing him now. Of course we all saw her unconscious from the 1st video but there's many reasons for someone to have been passed out like that. Theres no proof that she was hit at that point. 

But I am very glad that the league, team, sponsors, etc. have all dropped that little punk. 

I feel bad for his wife for taking up for him though as it seems like she's got that victims mentality. 

I dunno about this one. I am not a Goodell fan at all but I don't think that he was covering anything up or in the wrong for correctly punishing him now. Of course we all saw her unconscious from the 1st video but there's many reasons for someone to have been passed out like that. Theres no proof that she was hit at that point.

But I am very glad that the league, team, sponsors, etc. have all dropped that little punk.

I feel bad for his wife for taking up for him though as it seems like she's got that victims mentality.

When the 2 game suspension was levied, Goidell knew he has hit her unconscious which he plead to, so seeing the video now shouldn't have been what prompted him to suspend him - should have been done at the start.

When the 2 game suspension was levied, Goidell knew he has hit her unconscious which he plead to, so seeing the video now shouldn't have been what prompted him to suspend him - should have been done at the start.

Oh had he? I was kind of out of the loop at that time and hadn't followed it closely. If that's the case then he should have already suspended him for the year, at least. 

Playing devils advocate.

So a guy can maul his wife going forward, but as long as its not on video, they get a 6 game suspension. Thats what make this looks bad. Godell just established a set of rules and doesnt abide by them a week after putting them in place.

• Premium Member

Playing devils advocate.

So a guy can maul his wife going forward, but as long as its not on video, they get a 6 game suspension. Thats what make this looks bad. Godell just established a set of rules and doesnt abide by them a week after putting them in place.

Right.

I  don't know how Gooddell or anybody would think that the way that she was coming out of the elevator after the admission of hitting his wife wasn't this bad?  Gooddell is lawless because he doesn't abide by his own laws.

I am as upset with a NJ lawmaker (DA or something)  He said that after seeing the tape, his guys gave an average sentence to Ray when he should have gone after Ray with all the power of the state of NJ.

Now, did I just hear him right?

He is basically saying that there are two verdicts for the same crime.  You can be a first timer and get the Pre-Trial Intervention or you can be a first timer and get the full weight of the prosecutorial office dropped down on you. I'm sorry... I thought we were in America.  You know where the same crime gets the same crime.   In either case, you still hit somebody in a domestic setting.  How is that not Domestic Violence?

• Premium Member

I would be the happiest guy in the world if this lead to Goodell resigning. I despise Twitter but every now and then you'll see something poignant: You can't hit a QB, but you can hit your wife.

I think the fire has been turned up on Goodell.  I think he lied and now people has lost faith in him.  He had the tapes....  I didn't think that was a big deal as far as his actions went... but now, he lied and has gone on a lying tour it seems.  He should be fired.

If he is replaced... Here is my shortlist (never happen):

1.  Herman Edwards. = Straight talk, logic, and salesmanship.

2.  Condelezza Rice = Respected and logical.

3.  Robert Kraft = Innovative and probably the best owner in the NFL.  I hate the Pats.. but I respect how he has run them.

4.  Bill Clinton  = C'mon... who could say no to Slick Willie.