• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was wrong, Horford has it tough on the offense end!

JTB

Let me clarify horford has it easy on offense against other centers in the east as far as jumpshooting goes but if we really want horford to bang more in the paint....it's going to be a shit load of ugly possessions.

Horford is not "z bo" and while interior scoring is badly needed horford has his hands full against other centers across the league and especially just on the east side alone.

Look at these centers we expect horford to go pound to pound with just for inside/post scoring:

-Noah

-Larry Sanders

-Gortat & nene

-Lopez...not a defender but posting up against this big body is going to ware big Al out!

-Al Jefferson...again huge body compared to horford

I mean this isn't really anything new and I don't think horford will get hurt again, I'm more worried about him being effective offensively shall bud post him up more often.

Personally:

I said it before. I much rather we let our wings and point guards relentlessly attack the basket and stretch out horford to deeeeepppp 2s which he really does well and add a 3pt shot rather than try banging him in the paint.

I'm all about making teams adjust to us! Let Bazemore and Teague attack the baskets like crazy with sap and horford here and there if their able to get past their opponent.

Horford has been banging against true Cs for years. Think about his rebounding; got to bang to get boards. I can't believe that were using up his career without exploiting a big, talented frontcourt.

I like Bud's solution to a weak, unbalanced rostor. Hope it was not his first choice for an O. Too gimmicky, too many guys used to make screens on the outside. Give Bud a C to play with Horf and combine rebounding, inside D and post play to our outside prowess

Horford has been banging against true Cs for years. Think about his rebounding; got to bang to get boards. I can't believe that were using up his career without exploiting a big, talented frontcourt.

I like Bud's solution to a weak, unbalanced rostor. Hope it was not his first choice for an O. Too gimmicky, too many guys used to make screens on the outside. Give Bud a C to play with Horf and combine rebounding, inside D and post play to our outside prowess

Yeah I get that he's going to have to bang so there's no keepin him away from it completely but my point is horfords body isn't made for banging all game like someone like Z Bo. I say give horford some rest on the offense end.

Horford really needs to use his speed this year instead of that annoying jab step he does.

Edited by JTB

Horford also has the agility to face up and drive in addition to playing with his back to the basket.

Yeah horford can do both but unfortunately he only does one of whst you mentioned and that's face up.

After hearing about our first pre season game I'm not as concerned but horford could still add a 3pt game is his offense. I wish he would use his quickness more to get to the goal past slower centers than him but unfortunately he has a bad habit at stabbing the floor.

Boring topic! Horford is one of the most efficient scorers in the league. Playing with a bunch of shooters should only help.

Boring Response! (Lol I kid, I kid)

But in all seriousness more inside scorers would actually compliment horford more so than shooters around him! He's not D12.

You put shooters around those who own the paint. We have no one on this team that owns the paint...oh wait we got Teague.

Boring Response! (Lol I kid, I kid)

But in all seriousness more inside scorers would actually compliment horford more so than shooters around him! He's not D12.

You put shooters around those who own the paint. We have no one on this team that owns the paint...oh wait we got Teague.

Exactly. You put an inside presense next to the shooter Horford.

Exactly. You put an inside presense next to the shooter Horford.

Lol sounds like you may partially agree with my topic.

I know horford can bang with these guys but he's more efficient shooting. Banging down low and actually being effective doing so is my concern.

No need to make horford bang if results arent going to be good (I'm talking as far as inside scoring by the way)

• Moderators

Yeah horford can do both but unfortunately he only does one of whst you mentioned and that's face up.

After hearing about our first pre season game I'm not as concerned but horford could still add a 3pt game is his offense. I wish he would use his quickness more to get to the goal past slower centers than him but unfortunately he has a bad habit at stabbing the floor.

This remains the biggest area of opportunity for his growth, IMO.  Every once in a while he has a game where he gets aggressive and drives the ball and he is very good at it.  Usually, he doesn't look for it.