• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Time to make moves?

tbhawksfan

New GM. Cap-strung, not good enough team. Should we part with Heyward, J Upton and other current value vets for future potential?

Keep Simmons, Freeman and Teheran, Wood and the rest of the young talent.

A retool seems tough while we ride out BJ/Uglly contracts. Why not shoot for a quick youth movement and aim for 2016 and future

• 2 weeks later...

The absolute first step is hiring Joe Madden. He just declined his option with Tampa and is available. He is the top manager in baseball, or at least top 3. I know the Braves just said Freddie is the manager next year but that was before Madden became the best FA on the market this offseason. Get Madden and we will get development of the young guys. Heck, he had BJ playing well enough to get that contract from the Braves.

The Braves must make a big move and this is it

Braves got Kevin Sietzer as hitting coach. This is a solid move as his teams tend to hit for average and dont strike out. While I agree with Dr Reality's statement, the Braves really should go after Madden. Gonzo can go to Gwinnett and manage

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Gattis and possibly one (or both) Upton(s) are going to be shipped off from Atlanta this year. If we can't get any solid impact players in return, I'm hoping we can get elite prospects that will help build towards our future, especially in 2017 when we move into Sun Trust Park.

• Moderators

So it looks like Gattis and possibly one (or both) Upton(s) are going to be shipped off from Atlanta this year. If we can't get any solid impact players in return, I'm hoping we can get elite prospects that will help build towards our future, especially in 2017 when we move into Sun Trust Park.

That's a good move.  I love Gattis but his stock may never be higher than it is now.   I like Justin ok but he needs to be on a team with more sluggers.  He's not doing leading this bunch to the series.   We are really solid at first, short, catcher.  Heyward is still worth betting on.   3rd is ok.   With Justin and BJ's money we could try to find some quality contact hitters.   Moneyball.