• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Just hurts....

Playmaker0017

Stotts should be gone. I blame him for this loss.

You cannot, repeat CANNOT, start the fourth quarter down by 5 with bench players. Worse yet, you cannot leave them in for 8 minutes.

Basketball does not work that way.

He allows the other team to manhandle us and then our starters come in cold.

Awful.

The real key was defense.

I'm just aggrevated.

But, as Hotlanta once said....

"Reef wouldn't score that much with Boozer in the game!"

Play.

the fact that this franchise has absolutely no future.... next year could be similar to this year... and when Reefs 30, same thing.

We will always be good enuf NOT to get the top 5 picks... and bad enuf to miss the playoffs... and NOBODY will sign with us unless they're a bench player looking for a job in the NBA.

THAT HURTS THE MOST!

look at orlando... they got a top 5 player in the game. they are 1 BIG TRADE or 1 big draft player (like the UCONN guy) away from going back to the playoffs. look at the CAVS, the same goes with them esp with LeBron. it only improves from here.

but with us, theres no future... our future is no different from our present.

------------------------------------------------------

back to the game... observations

1)Boozer/Big Z/Mihm - it doesnt matter... Reef will score

2)if it wasnt for REEF, we lose this game by 30... heck, w/o Reef we would have the same record as Orlando (only 1 win) and orlando would have their 2nd win vs us (they play us soon)...

3)i could block MOHAMMED. Hes got to be the most UNATHLETIC center in the nba. Ostertags DUNKS are more sportscenter worthy than Mohammed.

4)Other than Jacksons love of the 3pt shot, hes a decent starting role player at SG.

5)Glover does not know the meaning of a "bad" shot

6)BORIS DIAW IS AWESOME! i love it in the beginning, how he was the primary ball handler and POINT GUARD. I rather have him bring up the ball than JT/VAUGHN.

7)There is a reason why VAUGHN is a career backup PG... he cant shoot! how can a PG not be able to be atleast a decent shooter? most PGs in the league, even though their stats dont show it, are good shooters... they just cant create their own shots like SGs and therefore just hit the limited open shots they get.

Back to BORIS tho... hes got the BEST COURT VISION on our team... better than VAUGHN/TERRY. His only problem is NOT having that little soft-JasonKidd-touch on his passes... once he gets accurate on his passes, man- his assist numbers will go up and his TO will go down.

I also like how he guarded JAMES in the 1st half... stats had them with very similar numbers (james shot more and had lower fg% but both had 6 pts in the 1st half with similar reb/assist numbers).

-----------------------------------------

i saw we trade EVERYONE on this team except REEF and DIAW.

as for STOTTS, good call on letting Diaw be the #1 ball handler and setting up the plays for REEF.... but HORRIBLE SUB patterns.

Where was everyone else??? I didn't see the game, but

Reef had 43/12 and the not only lost but could still only

muster 85 points? This has to be the worst supporting

cast in NBA history. If Billy Knight doesn't do anything

about this before the allstar break it's proof he's a terrible

GM and should see his what out the door.

REEF was on! nobody on the cavs could stop him... inside/outside, he scored. Reminded me of the game vs DET when REEF scored 50.

only problem was, the supporting cast coulding help REEF at all! For the entire game, reef had more FGs than his whole team and Reef had less fg attempts.

Mohammed, the guy who pisses me off play after play, got blocked like 6 times... all dunks, of course. lol.

Vaughn is a backup PG in this league and nothing more.

BORIS DIAW guarded LEBRON well! LeBron didnt have a fieldgoal for a while, until someone on his team set a pick (lost DIAW through the pick) and Bron jamed it in.

IMO, Diaw is having the 3rd best rookie season after Bron/Melo but the stats may have Wade/Bosh lookin better.

--------------------------------------------

as i fan, i dont want to quit watching the hawks... but time after time, they keep disappointing me. Im starting to believe that reading a book or studying for finals would be a better idea than watching the hawks play...

Yes Reef just dominated any defender Cavs threw at him, but honestly Reef has phenomenal in the last 6 games or so, he is manning up. I also want to point out that JT has been playing quite well ever since that statement he said before the Toronto game. Jax is just that a role player, just an ok 3 point shooter, but better at slashing to the basket and mid range shots. He needs to abandon that 3 point shot just a bit more, unless he is wide open. We only have one 3 pointer shooter in the team and thats JT. I also want to point out that JT is not the problem now running the offense, because Diaw ran the offense tonight 85% of the time, so obviously I think is Stotts. Stotts made another bad coaching job tonight against a very bad Cavs team, Cavs arent very good and neither are we. This team will have another losing season unless Stotts is gone and we get either Fratello or Rivers. And where the heck is the defense intensity?

Another comment about Boris, this guys is freaking a great basketball player, imagine if he can shoot? Also I think when he slashes to the lane he should start looking for his shot a bit more. But IMO he is better than Lebron, Bron is just more explosive. Boris do me a favor , work on your jumper and you would be one the best players out of the 2003 NBA draft.

- Diaw should sometimes shoot or do a little finger roll or something when he slashes to the basket... 9/10 times he passes it... its good and all, but he should mix it up

- I have absolutely NO COMPLAINTS when it comes to Jackson other than his 3pt shots. When hes slashing and only shooting 2s, hes a very good starting role player for us. I dont mind a wide open 3 here and there (maybe 4-5 a game? and not 10!) but should slash more often. hes more effective this way... he also plays D.

- JT = JT

- i love BORIS as well... heck, if we had the 3rd pick, i would strongly consider going with BORIS. he such a good unselfish team player that his stats arent as attractive as the other rookies (even tho the other rookies like Wade are not even shooting in the 40%).

I think his JUMPER is just a confidence thing. I dont think hes comfortable shooting (still got some rookie jitters?)... but lately, hes been MORE AGGRESSIVE and shooting more (compared to his first few weeks).

i really like DIAW... plays hard out there.

This is coaching, man.

This coach is SO darn worried that someone is going to get tired that he sits everyone for too long. He also makes mass subs.

If you look at the flow of the game, it changes in the fourth under the scrub unit.

Then the starters have 6 mins to win it back.

I'm not saying we would have won, I'm saying it gives us a better chance. RIGHT NOW... we need to be concerned about a single win... not whether JT might be winded.

Play.

playmaker is right... REEF delievered in the 4th... maybe not to the extent of the other quarters, but he was there playing. at one point, we even saw a TRIPLE TEAM on reef...

like i said B4- i would block mohammed 9/10 times...

and of course, if someones around him, he cant catch the ball...

as for Ratliff, other than blocking... this guy has no skill.

We are better off trading him for an above average blocker with a better all around game.

btw, as far as coaching... I know why the hawks suck. cuz they donno what to do out there and the coach doesnt know any more than his players...

in that case, the COACH or the veteran Player must lead.... Reef hasnt tasted playoffs in his life, so hes confused... and stotts isint exactly giving him the formula for winning either.

Since all our players are confused, we need a VETERAN HEAD COACH. i swear this team would be .500 or better with JERRY SLOAN or PHIL JACKSON.

It's amazing that the passes that slip through Nazr's and Theo's amazingly awful hands are credited to the guys throwing them the pass.

Jay seemed to think that Reef was tiring out in the 4th quarter. We've basically got no one on the bench that can give him a breather so he can be fresh late in the game with Hendu out.

Yeah Big Z beat on us but Kapano also hit alot of 3point shots and even stripped the ball out of JT's hands, he ended up with16pts. I wish we could have gotten Kapano in the 2nd round instead of Hansen. Kapano the next Craig Ehlo???

Blunt,

Kapono just went nuts on us because we matched him up with Jackson and Glover, when Glover was in the game.

I think those two are some of the worst defenders in the league.

Dion just can't play defense and Jackson is so eager to do something, he overcommits on the doubles and leaves his man WIDE OPEN.

I'm really starting to miss Ira. While he wasn't much of an offensive threat... you knew his man wasn't going to bomb for a career night.... EVERY NIGHT.

Play.