• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Put Shelvin in A Suit Please!

LastDon

• Moderators

How much more of an indictment of Jenkins can there be then Bud having so little faith in him he'd rather play backup PGs at the 2.    It's not like Bud wouldn't put the best players on the floor.   He sees these guys everyday in practice.   At some aspect of the game Jenkins must be failing his chance pretty miserably.   

• Like 1

4ppg 34% from the field 20% from 3 is a f***in joke.. Put that dam man in a suit! He is a second round pick! Other higher picks drafted by the organization deserve a chance!!

I think it's pretty obvious why Bud likes Shelvin.  He likes having a second ball handler with the second unit.  For all of his shooting woes, Shelvin is still putting up a 2.9 assist/turnover ratio while giving very good effort on defense.  Bud seems more than willing to sacrifice shooting at that rotation spot for playmaking and ball control. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I pointed out in chat that Pero has played much better lately and was questioned like I was a alien.

You're right...It would be pretty hard to replace

Points per game      Rebounds per game    Assist per game      Blocks per game     Field goal%     3 point field goal%      PER                                            

5.3                                   2.6                            .8                               .37                      37%                     25%                   8.6

and he does all of this while playing only 17 minutes per game!  And you wonder why people question you.

You're right...It would be pretty hard to replace

Points per game      Rebounds per game    Assist per game      Blocks per game     Field goal%     3 point field goal%      PER                                            

5.3                                   2.6                            .8                               .37                      37%                     25%                   8.6

and he does all of this while playing only 17 minutes per game!  And you wonder why people question you.

Go find his yearly total in the +/- column.  Your jaw may hit the ground.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

How much more of an indictment of Jenkins can there be then Bud having so little faith in him he'd rather play backup PGs at the 2.    It's not like Bud wouldn't put the best players on the floor.   He sees these guys everyday in practice.   At some aspect of the game Jenkins must be failing his chance pretty miserably.   

Are you sure about that?  Are you implying that Pero is better than Brand?

Go find his yearly total in the +/- column.  Your jaw may hit the ground.

Because he plays with starters most of the time...It has very little to do with his production

Because he plays with starters most of the time...It has very little to do with his production

Then why aren't the starters consistently putting up better +/- figures than Pero?  In fact, they are usually worse than Pero's.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Then why aren't the starters consistently putting up better +/- figures than Pero?  In fact, they are usually worse than Pero's.

So based on your logic, Pero is better than our starters.  If you don't believe that then something is wrong with your method of determining productivity.  Find another measure because obviously the one that you are using is meaningless!

So based on your logic, Pero is better than our starters.  If you don't believe that then something is wrong with your method of determining productivity.  Find another measure because obviously the one that you are using is meaningless!

See, I know your argument is flawed when you have to start using tactics like these.  When did I ever say he was better than a starter?  It's obvious that I would never say or believe such a thing, so why try to put these words in my mouth.

Here's an interesting stat for you.

Our opponents have an offensive rating of 109.1 when Pero is off the court.  That rating plummets to 92.7 when he is on the court.

Sounds like a difference maker if you ask me.  Box scores aren't the end all be all when it comes to a players worth and ability to contribute.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Here's an interesting stat for you.

Our opponents have an offensive rating of 109.1 when Pero is off the court.  That rating plummets to 92.7 when he is on the court.

Sounds like a difference maker if you ask me.  Box scores aren't the end all be all when it comes to a players worth and ability to contribute.

You make it sound as simple as Pero being on the floor has a cause and effect when in fact there are other moving parts.  But if that is the case then Bud is the dummy for only playing Pero 17 minutes a game if he is the defensive stopper that your numbers make him out to be.

• Moderators

Pero plays the role Bud wants better than Brand.  Plus Brand is old and we're saving him for more critical games.   That's what smart coaches do.   I guarantee Bud isn't resting Jenkins for a playoff run.   

So if you think Jenkins should be playing over Mack and Moose/brand should be playing over Pero then how do you explain why they aren't?   Is Bud just crazy?

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Is Bud just crazy?

I think that many good coaches are a little crazy...We know that Tom Thibabo is a little crazy playing his players that way he does.  Bud might be similar.  If Bud were saving Brand for important games then why does he play during garbage time rather than against the better teams that we have played like Toronto who destroyed us on the boards in both games

• Moderators

I think it's pretty obvious why Bud likes Shelvin.  He likes having a second ball handler with the second unit.  For all of his shooting woes, Shelvin is still putting up a 2.9 assist/turnover ratio while giving very good effort on defense.  Bud seems more than willing to sacrifice shooting at that rotation spot for playmaking and ball control. 

Shelvin's A/TO ratio is actually sitting at a fantastic 5.9 this season.  Last year it was a great 5.4 A/TO ratio.  

Mack's biggest asset is he makes some passes and so rarely turns the ball over.

• Like 2

Shelvin's A/TO ratio is actually sitting at a fantastic 5.9 this season.  Last year it was a great 5.4 A/TO ratio.  

Mack's biggest asset is he makes some passes and so rarely turns the ball over.

ESPN shows it as 2.94.

53 assists vs 18 turnovers = 2.94 assist/turnover ratio.

• Moderators

I think that many good coaches are a little crazy...We know that Tom Thibabo is a little crazy playing his players that way he does.  Bud might be similar.  If Bud were saving Brand for important games then why does he play during garbage time rather than against the better teams that we have played like Toronto who destroyed us on the boards in both games

Brand needs to stay in shape and get some game action.  What we don't need is Brand busting his butt in december trying desperately to beat Toronto and getting hurt.  As you pointed out he's still good, strong, blocks shots and rebounds.   We want to go into the playoffs with him healthy.

Well I guess when you're on an 8 game win streak you have to complain about something.  

• Moderators

ESPN shows it as 2.94.

53 assists vs 18 turnovers = 2.94 assist/turnover ratio.

I looked at the steals number instead of turnover number for some reason.  

Last year was just over 3:1 A/TO ratio.  

My bad!