Teddy Bridgewater is going to be a star

Admin

If this kid ends up having a healthy career, he's got a chance to be very, very good. I know there's a lot of hype about Jameis coming but I think Bridgewater is even better. This kid throws some of the prettiest balls you'll ever see and has absolutely perfect placement on them. Not to mention he's mobile and can extend the play with his legs. 

@PSSSHHHRRR87 and @Spud2Nique I know you guys have seen him this year. What were your thoughts? 

• Like 1

Being in Louisville, I got to watch him a good bit in college.  I wished like hell the Bengals would've drafted him and let Dalton go after this year.  He's going to be a great player (if healthy), and he genuinely seems like a great person, too.  And this is a UK fan talking (though like most UK fans, I don't really care much about their football team).

• Like 1

Being in Louisville, I got to watch him a good bit in college.  I wished like hell the Bengals would've drafted him and let Dalton go after this year.  He's going to be a great player (if healthy), and he genuinely seems like a great person, too.  And this is a UK fan talking (though like most UK fans, I don't really care much about their football team).

Didn't the Bungles just give Dalton a huge contract? Bridgewater will definitely have a shot to be much better than Dalton if his career progresses. Yesterday was the 1st time I watched a whole game of his and really focused on his passes and they are just absolutely beautiful. I watch Tannehill more than anyone and Tanny throws some absolute lasers and he gets most of his passes through incredible coverage but he can't put touch or arc on a ball to save his life and seeing Bridgewater do just that as a rookie makes me very jealous of that skill. 

• Like 1

Didn't the Bungles just give Dalton a huge contract? Bridgewater will definitely have a shot to be much better than Dalton if his career progresses. Yesterday was the 1st time I watched a whole game of his and really focused on his passes and they are just absolutely beautiful. I watch Tannehill more than anyone and Tanny throws some absolute lasers and he gets most of his passes through incredible coverage but he can't put touch or arc on a ball to save his life and seeing Bridgewater do just that as a rookie makes me very jealous of that skill. 

Sigh....yes they did.  One saving grace of the NFL I guess is that the whole contract isn't guaranteed.  Actually I think only the first year or two were guaranteed.  

Speaking of Bengals/Fins/Fantasy, fingers crossed the Bengals keep JThomas and ESanders in check tonight.  I'm up by 60 in the championship game and those are the only two players my opponent has yet to play.  I never would've thought I'd be sitting that pretty with THREE Fins in my starting lineup.  Tannehill (huge game), Landry (ok game), and Miller (good game).  Picking up Tannehill and Odel Beckham off waivers saved my season.

• Like 1

If this kid ends up having a healthy career, he's got a chance to be very, very good. I know there's a lot of hype about Jameis coming but I think Bridgewater is even better. This kid throws some of the prettiest balls you'll ever see and has absolutely perfect placement on them. Not to mention he's mobile and can extend the play with his legs.

@PSSSHHHRRR87 and @Spud2Nique I know you guys have seen him this year. What were your thoughts?

I agree that his throws are some of the prettiest...very fundamental and great velocity, trajectory, etc. He reminds me of a mid 90's Randall Cunningham with a little less creativity. He was on my radar before the nfl started as a very late fantasy pick. I ended up taking him a few weeks into the season as an add on but he had some early growing pains like most qb's. I think he has a very bright future ahead of him and that sucks for me as a Lions fan having to play him twice a year. :-(

Sigh....yes they did.  One saving grace of the NFL I guess is that the whole contract isn't guaranteed.  Actually I think only the first year or two were guaranteed.  

Speaking of Bengals/Fins/Fantasy, fingers crossed the Bengals keep JThomas and ESanders in check tonight.  I'm up by 60 in the championship game and those are the only two players my opponent has yet to play.  I never would've thought I'd be sitting that pretty with THREE Fins in my starting lineup.  Tannehill (huge game), Landry (ok game), and Miller (good game).  Picking up Tannehill and Odel Beckham off waivers saved my season.

Tannehill since the London game when he was threatened to be benched I believe has the highest completion % in the NFL and sits around 5th or 6th overall on the season. Sounds like you made some wise decisions!  Good luck in the championship game. 

• Like 1

I agree that his throws are some of the prettiest...very fundamental and great velocity, trajectory, etc. He reminds me of a mid 90's Randall Cunningham with a little less creativity. He was on my radar before the nfl started as a very late fantasy pick. I ended up taking him a few weeks into the season as an add on but he had some early growing pains like most qb's. I think he has a very bright future ahead of him and that sucks for me as a Lions fan having to play him twice a year. :-(

He does have some Cunningham to his game. I think Randall was more stringy than Bridgewater though and he was a hell of a lot better athlete with his feet, even though Teddy is a good one. 

I'm gonna go out on a crazy limb though and say he's got a lot of Aaron Rodgers in his game as well. He's probably the best in the league at putting the ball on a perfect arc, in a perfect spot, 9 times out of 10. I can see those types of throws from Bridgewater and the way he can just snap his wrist and fire it downfield is impressive. If they get that offense going they could be good as they've got a young and up and coming D. 

• Moderators

He has a long way to go, but he will be a good QB for Minne.  He made a few rookie mistakes in the 3 games I saw him in this season (DET twice and ATL), but he torched ATL.  They need to get him an O-line ASAP tho.  Not really sure what Teddy's ceiling is, but I think he could get Minne to the postseason.

He has a long way to go, but he will be a good QB for Minne.  He made a few rookie mistakes in the 3 games I saw him in this season (DET twice and ATL), but he torched ATL.  They need to get him an O-line ASAP tho.  Not really sure what Teddy's ceiling is, but I think he could get Minne to the postseason.

Yeah they need an O-Line and need to get their running game healthy plus probably get him an athletic TE.  Just imagine if they still had Harvin and AP to go along with Bridgewater and Jennings plus Asiata. That would be a nasty offense. 

Lions better enjoy being on top while they can, and make the most of it.  I think Zimmer will be a good coach for them too if he gets what he needs player wise.  I would've preferred him over Lewis for the Bengals.

Hey you guys can have Kevin Coyle back to run your team, how about that? I'm tired of his defenses getting worse every year and not being able to get a stop when it's important. 

Man I gotta wonder how you guys can like the Lions with those punks on the lines. Between Raiola and Suh they may be the dirtiest combo in the league.

I can't believe Suh didn't jump on Aaron Rodgers's calf yesterday, I'm kinda upset..lol

I seriously despise Suh and I hope he gets what he has coming to him. There's no place for players like him in the NFL today.

Well I'm pretty sure he played his last game as a Lion yesterday so you can hate him as a Jet or Giant now.

Well I'm pretty sure he played his last game as a Lion yesterday so you can hate him as a Jet or Giant now.

He won't be a Jet. They've got 2 guys that are close to his talent level already that aren't cancers and aren't overpaid. 

I call yesterday karma for his behavior. You can't be a douche and expect to not have it come back to bite you in the ass. 

Sorry your team lost but with guys like Suh and Raiola on the team you can't expect much more. 

But at least you aren't the Falcons, Bengals or Dolphins... 

He won't be a Jet. They've got 2 guys that are close to his talent level already that aren't cancers and aren't overpaid.

I call yesterday karma for his behavior. You can't be a douche and expect to not have it come back to bite you in the ass.

Sorry your team lost but with guys like Suh and Raiola on the team you can't expect much more.

But at least you aren't the Falcons, Bengals or Dolphins...

Ya I agree I don't support dirty play and we are easily a top 5 dirty team because of those two guys...it really sucks because they ruin it for stand up guys like Calvin and coach Cald. I love Suh's talent but he really needs to chill out when the play is over. Your Dolphins are on the rise, I think you have a very good chance at the playoffs next year if all goes well in the offseason.

Ps Any chance you'd trade Cameron Wake to the Lions? Forget beast, that guy is a straight up animal...he scares me lol

Ya I agree I don't support dirty play and we are easily a top 5 dirty team because of those two guys...it really sucks because they ruin it for stand up guys like Calvin and coach Cald. I love Suh's talent but he really needs to chill out when the play is over. Your Dolphins are on the rise, I think you have a very good chance at the playoffs next year if all goes well in the offseason.

Ps Any chance you'd trade Cameron Wake to the Lions? Forget beast, that guy is a straight up animal...he scares me lol

Wake is overrated. He only shows up every once in a while and when he does he'll have a multiple sack game, then completely disappear for a couple more games. I think he's coming up on 33 or something and I really hope we trade him this offseason for a high draft pick. 

Wake is overrated. He only shows up every once in a while and when he does he'll have a multiple sack game, then completely disappear for a couple more games. I think he's coming up on 33 or something and I really hope we trade him this offseason for a high draft pick.

Oh wow I guess I don't follow the Fins that close but I swear every time I watch him he's doing well. But that may be every few games or so. Also I had no idea he was 33, I thought 28 or 29...wow