• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks - Pistons

lethalweapon3

? Drummond was sick and pulled from the game by SVG. If Drummond was himself the outcome would have been different but give yourself a pat on the back if you want.

Your ability to tell the future rules! Who is to say we don't win by more? Their guards hitting horrible shots was the reason for their comeback.

Sorry that we won. Go kick your dog or whatever.

• Like 2

Right....Spurs and Mavs aren't "real" teams now. Hawks won, and they're better than Detroit, no doubt. But gloating over a 3 point win, in which your opponent's best player was sick and barely played? You may be the one in need of a reality check.

Don't pay attention to the extremists. The Pistons played their asses off in the 2nd half and as DMC said the Hawks got comfortable. I certainly wasn't taking them lightly going into the game and this game won't change my opinion going into the next one. 

That's a fair assessment of Drummond. However, he's only 21 years old, and has had no coaching stability, going back to college. As a Pistons fan, I think he has plenty of room to grow into a top center in the league. Of course, there are no guarantees.

I'm one of the biggest Drummond fans on this site, heck probably the biggest. He's just not a good matchup vs the Hawks, same as Monroe really. SVG did a great job putting in AT and Anthony to make y'all quicker and more able to get out and defend our stretch bigs. 

Right....Spurs and Mavs aren't "real" teams now. Hawks won, and they're better than Detroit, no doubt. But gloating over a 3 point win, in which your opponent's best player was sick and barely played? You may be the one in need of a reality check.

Man, real bummer to have to read through this thread with this guy chiming in every 3 posts. GO AWAY. (I know I'm a day late, but just sayin).

Man, real bummer to have to read through this thread with this guy chiming in every 3 posts. GO AWAY. (I know I'm a day late, but just sayin).

I encourage and enjoy having posters from other teams join in on our threads. I don't have a problem with anything the guy said and felt he was respectful. 

• Like 1

I encourage and enjoy having posters from other teams join in on our threads. I don't have a problem with anything the guy said and felt he was respectful.

Everything but the big "*" he labeled the game with because Godzilla was sick. What my friend Jerm does not realize is if Godzilla played all game the game would have gotten ugly

Everything but the big "*" he labeled the game with because Godzilla was sick. What my friend Jerm does not realize is if Godzilla played all game the game would have gotten ugly

Well he does have a point. Drummond is a dominating player for them. It's hard to know if he's just not a good fit vs the Hawks or if it was because he was trying to play with the flu. I'm looking forward to seeing our next game when he's healthy and see the result. 

And here's hoping none of our players got sick with him trying to play through it. 

Well he does have a point. Drummond is a dominating player for them. It's hard to know if he's just not a good fit vs the Hawks or if it was because he was trying to play with the flu. I'm looking forward to seeing our next game when he's healthy and see the result.

And here's hoping none of our players got sick with him trying to play through it.

I was gonna respond with lengthy text here but the trucker in me said screw it! What's the point in arguing over "*" anyhow?

This is amazing.. We are in the middle of the hottest run this club has ever seen, we have the best record in the east and 2nd best record in the NBA, and we just beat a streaking team in their own house... But what most people here are focusing on is that we "almost lost" the game... (hint* we won the game), that coach Bud "made mistakes," or that Drummond was sick or otherwise he would have killed us... So many ifs and buts with our fans...

You'd think that being 28-8 at this point would make all the naysayers go away...

• Moderators

Do you even LIFT, Bro?

~lw3

• Like 1

Come on man you're in the same age range as me so you had to have seen that movie growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayRXGwT1As

Yea loved it as a kid! Just not the best at names at times bro

• Like 1

Come on man you're in the same age range as me so you had to have seen that movie growing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tayRXGwT1As

Funny story about this...my sister worked for a video store called photo drive up in 87...after high school part time gig...and one day she said I should drop by her work because "the guy" in over the top was there and signing autographs...I said omg Stallone? She said ya, he's like one of the main characters...so I went there that day all excited to meet him...28 years later I have a 5x8 movie poster of over the top somewhere in my garage signed by Rick Zumwalt...:-(

Funny story about this...my sister worked for a video store called photo drive up in 87...after high school part time gig...and one day she said I should drop by her work because "the guy" in over the top was there and signing autographs...I said omg Stallone? She said ya, he's like one of the main characters...so I went there that day all excited to meet him...28 years later I have a 5x8 movie poster of over the top somewhere in my garage signed by Rick Zumwalt...:-(

That's awesome! Although I dunno about 5x8 being a "poster" but that's a cool story. Did you know he died about 12 years ago?