• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Udonis Haslem+ Hawks =fit?

Hawksfreak

12 points 13 rips. Hey thats not bad! Before the first Summer League game today I talked to UD and asked him "Would you like to be a Hawk?" He answered quickly "That would be great, I would like to play with this team becuase of the way they play", UD said. Today Vs the Spurs UD not only outhustled all the bigger guys he also took advantage of them. This guy is a young Ben wallace in the making and he showed his skills today. A double-double in his first NBA experence! After the 91-84 win over the spurs I talked to Dan Dickau and he said "He looks real comfotable!" "And i wouldn't be surprised if we signed him!" -Mike Pamfilis

Honestly,

I usually hate and avoid your posts... But this post has some substance to it.

I believe (from reading the remarks) that there are three guys in our camp that might have a chance at a roster spot.

Haslem, Christofferson, and Carr.

I hear people on the board mentioning Simon, but I don't see it.

I think that Babs will probably do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 deal to create that space.

As a rule of thumb... Never judge a player based on his Summer League showing.

However when exhibition season starts, then we can start talking "for real".

Seriously, I suppose that the guy who will get the shot will be Christofferson. Even though he was cut, I think that we liked his size and Mobility for a Really heavy weight. IF we get him, look for us to do a lot of trading.

Mainly...

Nazr/CC for Declerq/Miller would be one.

Secondly, some trade involving Hendu or Toni.

If we trade Hendu, look for Haslem to get a real shot.

Carr will get a shot regaurdless.

When I say get a shot, I mean be extended an invitation to Exhibition Season.

Just curious how you got those quotes...

I agree, Haslem is solid, and Carr would fit in with the younger players if Sunday was any indication.

I believe that Christofferson was only dropped due to injury, although I can't confirm that, and you would think that a man of his size would get a look, especially if a trade involved Nazr...

Haslem and Carr may have a good shot at getting a contract with the Hawks.

If Haslem continues his play throughout this tournament, he may get a contract quickly. He severely outperformed 1st round pick Marcus Haislip today. Haslip played 30 minutes, shot 1 for 8 from the field for 2 points and had 4 rebounds and no blocks.

When it is all said and done, many scouts are going to be wondering why they passed on Haslem, IMO.

• Premium Member

To answer both questions... You are right. I will cut him a break... But can he cut us one too? He doesn't have to pull a me too on every post? Especially not in the Q and A forum. I love that there are younger Hawksquawkers coming up... However, we must train them to respect some things.

Christerofften was cut, I think only UD will get a contract,but Carr does have a good chance. Also Louis Bullock had a great game today we need to look at him too. Him and DJ had 14 points LB was 5 for 11 shooting I think. Diesel I do repect everyone I'm just askin y does some people hate my posts? I thought you were going to be in Boston Jason I didn't see you?

Christerofften was cut, I think only UD will get a contract,but Carr does have a good chance. Also Louis Bullock had a great game today we need to look at him too. Him and DJ had 14 points LB was 5 for 11 shooting I think. Diesel I do repect everyone I'm just askin y does some people hate my posts? I thought you were going to be in Boston Jason I didn't see you? Yea, I get access on the court and i get some quotes from the players.

• Admin

This is summer league and really it means diddly. I am looking forward to seeing the games because I am going through bball withdrawal but no matter how good a player plays it does not mean he can reproduce it when the season starts.

I think a good showing at the summer league may get you an invite to tryout in October but thats about it. No matter how great the performances in these games is nothing to get excited about.

As far as a spot for a player with Leon gone doesn't that open up a roster spot?

Hawksfreak I have no problem with you and im glad your an enthusiastic hawks fan. Some of yor post really there are no need for and have little info to do with anything. This post was probally one of your better ones.

Hopefully UD does find a spot on the Hawks.

I just hope he is not lying about being in Boston, and telling us all those remarks that supposely Haslem and Dickau said. I know how a 12 year old kid is these days, they all want to look good and be accepted by doing something spectacular. By him saying being in Boston would really put the nail in the coffin by trying to prove to us that he is one of the best hawk fans. Did you bring a camera to Boston? Who are you there with?

Sorry guys but I truly dont think he is in Boston. I remember him once saying that he was a Hawks insider and his post are better than Jay Walker. Ever since he made that comment I truly dont believe a word he says. He is in the stage of dealing with tremendous peer pressure and he just want us to accept him and believe everything he says.

Dermarr wasn't all that impressive.14 points and 1 rebound in 30 minutes.

Perhaps getting rid of Dion isn't a real smart thing to do right now....

Don't read too much into the 1st exhibition game you see. But I agree with you. I think we should keep them both if we can do it, but I think DJ is trying to learn a new position in this summer league. He is playing SF this week (at least yesterday).

If DJ had shot 5 for 11 last year and scored 14 points in a summer league game last year, I think it would have been a very solid performance. This year, expectations are certainly higher for him but I think his numbers were still solid. As far as rebounding goes, with Haslem ripping down everything in sight, there weren't many to go around!

Realistically, I don't think DJ will score as much as Dion night in and night out if both are given the same amount of playing time. Dion is simply more naturally aggresive. I think DJ will eventually be a Scottie Pippen type player (with a better J and not quite the handles) while Glover will be more like J.R. Rider (on the court). It would be nice if DJ can grow into the SF position because I think his and Glover's styles compliment each other well.