• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Michael Wilbon: "Hawks show Bulls what it takes"

Plainview1981

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/12188573/chicago-bulls-take-notice-upstart-atlanta-hawks?ex_cid=espnapi_public

You know, I want to say that this article is about praising the Hawks.... But it feels like to me that Wilbon just wants to bash the Bulls for being behind and losing to the Hawks.

It's like he is saying.... "You got the star players.... Get your shit together and beat the shit out of these guys!".

To be fare, Wilbon is a Chicago writer and a Bulls fan. He does give credit to the Hawks, but it isn't gushing.

In all honesty, the Hawks must win two playoff series to get national respect. Frankly, that is the way it should be. The regular is about setting your dance card. The playoffs show your metal.

• Like 1

To be fare, Wilbon is a Chicago writer and a Bulls fan. He does give credit to the Hawks, but it isn't gushing.

In all honesty, the Hawks must win two playoff series to get national respect. Frankly, that is the way it should be. The regular is about setting your dance card. The playoffs show your metal.

I like this and agree. I was around when we got Moses and Theus. That season we were no brainer picks to win the ECF and made the cover of Sports Illustrated. It ended up being a whole lot of hype about nothing. 

This team is a constant and reminds me very much of how competitive we were back in Dominique's day. Its time to win at least two playoff series in a row; then we will get the national respect!

• Like 2

Yeah.  Still though, it was fantastic to hear Stacey King this morning try to tap dance around giving us credit for beating his beloved Bulls.  You could tell it was killing him having to say, "Give credit where it's due, they're the real deal."

mettle

• Moderators

I thought the article was fine.  This guy was writing for ESPN Chicago where he regularly covers all things Bulls.  So this was a Bulls article reflecting on how the Hawks had shown them up.

I thought the article was fine.  This guy was writing for ESPN Chicago where he regularly covers all things Bulls.  So this was a Bulls article reflecting on how the Hawks had shown them up.

It's possible that I'm reading too much into this one. I don't feel quite as strong about it as I did when I posted the article.