• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ray Allen-an option for the Hawks?

devilwentdown2GA

I don't think it's smart to change one thing on this roster now. Leave it the way it is. Look what we're doing. Bud has his rotations down... Bring another guy in, you gotta rethink minutes, defense, match-ups... Roll with what we got, it's obviously working IMO.

• Like 1

I don't like this ring hunting oldies. They don't want to be part of building something - they only want to collect rings which are earned by others. No loyalty.

I don't want him here.

Allen already has a title though.... I get annoyed by the ones who just chase titles because they couldn't win one on their own as a major impact player.

Ya know - if this isn't a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", I don't know what is.  Ray's a good shooter (no denying that), but defensively, he's not on the level of being a Hawk right now.  He's too damned old to be!  You suddenly take away some playing time from somebody like Bazemore - then friction will start.  Then Bazemore is going to feel more compelled to take more shots and press harder - which might not work out too well.

This is a fine tuned machine right now.  If I had to nit-pick, I wouldn't mind seeing a big body who could clean up the boards a little more, but 28 wins out of the last 30 really doesn't have me too concerned right now. :)

• Moderators

Stinger was just on 92.9 and said he thought the hawks should get him.  As he said, you never know when these types of seasons will come around again so load up.  Certainly having a repeat champion, hall of famer, one of the greatest shooters and a guy who just last year was logging 30 minutes in the finals can't be a bad thing.  Especially since his skill set fits our offense to a T

• Like 3