• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

N-E-T-S, Nets, Nets, Nets!

PSSSHHHRRR87

• Moderators

Yeah, I know.  Not this bloody topic again... #NetsWatch talk in HomeCourt?!?! BAN PSSSH IMMEDIATELY... buuuuuttttt... I had a thought.  IF the Nets miss the playoffs and IF they were to end up getting a top 10 pick, would we really need to focus on major free agent assets in 2015?  Would a top 10 talent from the 2015 draft be enough to put us over the top?  Imagine if we had a Kelly Oubre or Stanley Johnson coming off the bench for our Hawks (or for those less inclined to draft knowledge, Andrew Wiggins).  Kyle is getting up there in years and is the perfect mentor for a talented SG/SF coming to the Hawks.  We could afford to pay Millsap too.

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87
  • Like 1

Not going to get my hopes up. Kemba and Brandon Jennings both went down which means Nets chances of gettting that 8th spot got a lot higher, pisses me off. Would be nice though. I find myself rooting for the Nets to lose almost as hard as I do for the Hawks to win.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Based on ESPN's playoff forecast, which is updated every morning based on a simulation of 5,000 seasons, the Nets will finish with the 8th worst record in the NBA now, meaning we would be the 8th seed in the draft lottery. 

With the Karl hire, the Kings could actually pass up the Nets too now which would place the Nets as the 7th seed. The last time Karl took over a team in the middle of the season, the team won like 32 out of the last 40 games of the year. Wouldn't that be amazing to have the 7th most balls in the draft lottery and actually win one of the first three picks?

The Nets schedule the rest of the year is brutal so it's not hard to see why they are predicted to fall that far. The Celtics are playing much better lately. Pacers will probably get Paul George back in March. Hornets will get Kemba back in March. Heat should get more games out of Wade after a long all star break. Pistons continue to soar after trading away Josh Smith, despite the loss of Jennings for the year. Meanwhile, the Nets continue to be a crappy team with no identity.

It's hard to say how good Ferry is at drafting given that he hasn't had high draft picks pretty much ever (response to the thread about how Ferry sucks at drafting in the main forum) 

Link to ESPN's playoff odds simulation, updated each morning:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Edited by RoastBeeph

• Admin

Based on ESPN's playoff forecast, which is updated every morning based on a simulation of 5,000 seasons, the Nets will finish with the 8th worst record in the NBA now, meaning we would be the 8th seed in the draft lottery. 

With the Karl hire, the Kings could actually pass up the Nets too now which would place the Nets as the 7th seed. Wouldn't that be amazing to have the 7th most balls in the draft lottery and actually win one of the first three picks?

The Nets schedule the rest of the year is brutal so it's not hard to see why they are predicted to fall that far. The Celtics are playing much better lately. Pacers will probably get Paul George back in March. Hornets will get Kemba back in March. Heat should get more games out of Wade after a long all star break. Meanwhile, the Nets continue to be a crappy team with no identity.

It's hard to say how good Ferry is at drafting given that he hasn't had high draft picks pretty much ever (response to the thread about how Ferry sucks at drafting in the main forum) 

Link to ESPN's playoff odds simulation, updated each morning:

http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

Do you not get it???  No mention of the team that shall not be named until after the season :)