• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Any talk of Brooklyn and the draft trade swap are moved here

Admin

• Moderators

CLANK!

~lw3

• Like 1

Deron 0-8, outstanding. And I'm loving Joe more than I ever have now: 6 points, a rebound, an assist, and a turnover in 24 minutes. That team has taken on his identity fully, meaning no one cares besides Jack.

I don't see any more than 8 wins on their remaining schedule, the next two could be just as ugly as tonight at Milwaukee and Memphis.

Edited by benhillboy

They have a good shot to make the playoffs because there isn't much competition but anyway that pick won't be worse than 16, I can't see them ahead the Bucks.

So, it would be a great pick for a number 1 seed in the East and we would have the opportunity to take a player with potential.

They have a good shot to make the playoffs because there isn't much competition but anyway that pick won't be worse than 16, I can't see them ahead the Bucks.

So, it would be a great pick for a number 1 seed in the East and we would have the opportunity to take a player with potential.

Have you seen the the Bucks and Nets play? The latter just lost to Washington by 37 and 80 in a three game stretch to us, Cleveland, and Chicago earlier. The Bucks have one of if not the highest rated defense in the new year. They're going in different directions rapidly.

With Joe as their best player I can't be more stoked about the possibilities of a sweet pick.

Edited by benhillboy

Have you seen the the Bucks and Nets play? The latter just lost to Washington by 37 and 80 in a three game stretch to us, Cleveland, and Chicago earlier. The Bucks have one of if not the highest rated defense in the new year. They're going in different directions rapidly.

With Joe as their best player I can't be more stoked about the possibilities of a sweet pick.

I agree that the Bucks is a much better team. I didn't say that they weren't, in fact I said the opposite.

But that's not their battle, their battle is with the Heat, Hornets, Pacers, Pistons, etc and all of them have a lot of problems.

They don't need to win 50 games to make the playoffs and they don't need to win great teams to make it, just be sure that they win the bad teams.

Anyway if you ask me if I think they will make the playoffs or not I would say no, but I was very disappointed last season so I'll be prepared for everything. I would bet on the Hornets and probably the Heat for those two last spots.

They could make to the playoffs. But I'd put the chances as equal to them falling behind Detroit, Boston, or both.

In the playoffs = 18th-20th pick at worst.

Out of playoffs is delicious because they'll never beat the records of OKC/NO or whoever they knock out. 12th pick at worst. We could still be in the hunt for the 8th or 9th pick (besides lottery chances).

Just wait for Joe's tendinitis to sideline him for a few games. All hell will break loose.

• Moderators

What is the magic #?

Good question!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_number_%28sports%29

The magic number is calculated as G + 1 − WA − LB, where

• G is the total number of games in the season
  • WA is the number of wins that Team A has in the season
  • LB is the number of losses that Team B has in the season

In this case, the Magic Number isn't to clinch a playoff spot, but to ensure the Hawks ("Team A") finish the season with a superior record than the Nets ("Team B"), in which case the ability to swap draft choices becomes eligible.

(Draftswap Magic Number 82 + 1 - 43 - 31 = 9)

Each Hawks win or Nets loss drops that Magic Number by 1.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3