• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

HAWKS ARE 1!

Anybody but Brooklyn...dang it...were #1 though and it feels great!!!

Unfortunately, I think with the addition of Thad Young and the return to health of a few other guys, Brooklyn probably makes the playoffs now. Oh well. We'll still get a pick higher than what we would have.

Breaking the rule! No talking about the team that shall not be named until after the season has ended!

Not my rule. I understand some of this is probably tongue-in-cheek for most of you. But I don't believe in superstitious gobbledygook. There is no such thing as karma, luck, fate, jinxes, or any other unverifiable influence on the outcome of our purely deterministic universe. Therefore, we're free to talk about whatever we want to talk about, with 100% confidence the outcome will be affected in absolutely no way by said discourse.

• Like 2

Are you glad JJ was traded? Perhaps we do agree on one thing instead of hating each other.

I'm glad his contract was traded. Never had a problem with Johnson other than he was paid like a superstar, and was nowhere near that level of a player. If he had been paid $5m per year, we'd have been glad to have him; if he had been paid $10m per year, I think we could live with that; but the money he gets paid in reality, no way is he worth that.

• Like 1

Brooklyn plays up and down to comp. 

I disagree.  I think they have just landed in some lucky spots lately.  Playing Dallas when they are missing half of their team.  Playing GSW on the 4th night in 5 days and after a grueling comeback win vs Boston. Playing the Clippers on their 3rd night in 4 days  with travel from New Orleans to San Antonio to Brooklyn (and 6th in 9 days with only 1 home game).

Outside of those 3 wins, they are 2-12 against over .500 teams in 2015 with wins over Washington and Toronto.

I'm glad his contract was traded. Never had a problem with Johnson other than he was paid like a superstar, and was nowhere near that level of a player. If he had been paid $5m per year, we'd have been glad to have him; if he had been paid $10m per year, I think we could live with that; but the money he gets paid in reality, no way is he worth that.

But really... Chris Paul hasn't done much better as "The Man".

The more time goes by... The more it looks like the grass might not have been greener on the other side. 

Still, the contract was too much.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

But really... Chris Paul hasn't done much better as "The Man".

The more time goes by... The more it looks like the grass might not have been greener on the other side. 

Still, the contract was too much.

Chris Paul has done a heck of a lot better.  Put Chris Paul in the Eastern conference and he would have a couple of ECF appearances under his belt.  In my opinion, Blake Griffin is the problem in LAC and not Paul.  Blake has been mediocre in the playoffs and has gotten injured the past two years.  Paul's supporting casts haven't been good enough to come out of the West.

Homecourt advantage throughout the Finals, woo hoo.

I hate Chris Paul (newsflash). His stats are empty and his intangibles are awful. He's such a cinch to defend if you have a long perimeter defender (we have 4, which is why he's 0-for against us). That team goes as CrawDog goes, which shows you how poorly constructed they are. I was so happy when Steve Nash's career ended, I can't wait for Paul's and Howard's to end with no championshop contention to speak of besides Dwights wierd outlier. Frauds both of em, give me Dennis and Vucevic over both and I'd have enough left over to sign LeBron, GTFOH.

Jarret Jack is our biggest barrier to a lotto pick. He's the only guy with consistent effort on that squad.

Edited by benhillboy

Paul's problem is he isn't aggressive enough at times.  Look at how much better the Clippers are playing since Griffin went down.  Paul was forced to be more aggressive and now the Clips are playing better. 

The Clips need to trade Blake and build around Paul/Jordan.  That is their only hope of getting past the second round in the West without a full rebuild.