• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rebuilding the Hawks.....

Diesel

• Premium Member

To start, we have to work on our weakness... Our weakness is that we have a lot of incompatible pieces.

First we start with Theo. Theo is a good player but he belongs with a strong rebounding team that plays good team defense. The first thought was Detroit, but then I said, LB + Theo = NO.... The Second thought was Indy. Carlisle would like a guy like Theo to Anchor the middle. Then there is Miami...

So there are 2 possibilities here.

Theo/Jax to Indy for Harrington/Pollard?

I think this trade works. I think that Harrington plays good defense but he has an offensive game that would match SARs.

The second team is Miami.

There is a trade that can be made with Miami. They are in a state whereby they are considering rebuilding too...

Theo/DD/Jax to Miami

Eddie Jones to Atlanta.

I kind of like this trade. Miami gets a C and it's SG position back...

The frontcourt of Theo/Grant/Odom could be successful.

For Atlanta, Jones would be a good SG option. He's shooting 18 ppg. He's shooting the three pretty good.

#2.

JT should be traded. Somehow, Utah must be used in this trade....

Here's my first shot at a trade of JT......

JT/Kurt Thomas to GS.

NVE/1st (Philly via Atlanta) to NY.

Williams/Harrington to Utah.

Sweetney/Doleac/Lampe to Atlanta.

even better trade.....

Jax/Theo/JT to Dallas.

Fortson to Utah.

Jaimson/Delk/2nd from Utah to Atlanta.

Our team becomes:

Delk/Diaw/Jamison/Reef/Nazr...

A team built to score.

• Premium Member

Even so,

The Hawks canstill get a good draft pick if these players SUCK...

What makes no sense is to pull a rebuilding program that gets us NOTHING for Decades ala Chicago/LAC. They have started over countless times and have never gone nowhere. In order to rebuild successfully, there must be something to start with.

Alot of the BUlls and Clippers problem is dumb/poor

mangement and CHicago's refusel to dump the triangle

offense. You aren't going to win with Reef or Jamison

as your best player. THese guys aren't first options and

aren't worth their salary.....Jamison and Reef are two guys

that will EAT up about 28Million just for those two. They

aren't worth it. Jamison is nothing but a stat player and

that is why the Warriors dumped him.

Two much cap space ate up between two tweeners that

haven't ever won.

.....that you have saddled us with the contracts of Jamison and Jones, which will keep Atlanta from ever improving.

Talking about pieces that don't fit together, putting Shareef and Antawn together most definitely will never fit. They are too similar, and neither play defense very well.

• Premium Member

Funny that you would even weigh in on the matter KB...

Your whole idea of Addition by subtraction has gotten us where???

Haven't you noticed that every step of the way, your focasts have been WRONG...

JT can be a good PG.... Wrong.

Theo is a player we should not trade.... Wrong.

We will be better by trading Grob for Nothing..... Wrong.

KB, I have figured it out. Just do the opposite of what you say and we will be a winning franchise!

Therefore, Jamison/Reef should work...... we go with when by outscoring rather than lose because we can't do anything.

No team can afford to double either Reef or Jamison.

Either of them are capable of being big time scorers.

We don't have a team that is set up to defend anyway.

• Premium Member

We would have two offensive threats that no team could afford to double. Similar to Waker/Pierce in Boston without all the missed 3 pters....we have 2 guys that can score with anybody... That can allow the other guy to take a break...

Diesel, I don't even know why you continue making up trades and crap, because none of your trades will ever work, ever be done, and ever help this team.

I'll weigh in on anything I want to weigh in on, especially if it is some ridiculous trade that adds two bad contracts like what you just added.

Oh, and getting rid of that ball hog Big Dawg is still addition by subtraction. We would be worse than we are right now with him.

• Premium Member

The proof is in the putting...

About this time in the season last year, we had at least 12 wins. I don't know where KB gets off thinking that we are worse without big dog. The funny thing is that we had less talent. Dion was not the player he is now. Diaw is much better than Ira. Theo wasn't playing as well as he is now...

We would have two offensive threats that no team could afford to double. Similar to Waker/Pierce in Boston without all the missed 3 pters....we have 2 guys that can score with anybody... That can allow the other guy to take a break..."

Same trash you said about Dog...The team scored, but still

couldn't defend and lost.

Jamison is a player that gets his numbers at the expense

of team play. He does his own thing. Like at Reef/Jamison's

win/loss record over the last 5 years...Enough said.

Jamison is winning now that he is playing in a good system with other talented players, and a good coach, and Reef would too if he were in his spot in Dallas, just like he would be with the Grizz now that they have a good system and coach, and players maturing. Coaching and systems are more important than individual players. Jordan would fail here in ATL, the way it is now.