• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jimmy Graham traded to Seattle. Haloti Ngata traded to Lions

Admin

I think this is a good deal for the Saints.

Their Oline was worse this year and Graham was a shadow of Graham's 2013 season. He wasn't even the best TE in the division this season. Now they get a top center and a first round pick.

AND the Lions get an instant Suh replacement. Booyah.

At this point in Ngata's career, because he hasn't been the Ngata of old, it's like replacing Lebron with Smoove but yeah he should be a good replacement. They still need to bring Fairley back though to keep from having a big drop off. 

I think this is a good deal for the Saints.

Their Oline was worse this year and Graham was a shadow of Graham's 2013 season. He wasn't even the best TE in the division this season. Now they get a top center and a first round pick.

We'll see if Graham gets healthy. If he does then this will end up looking bad for the Saints as he's still very young and insanely talented. But if the Saints know something about him that we don't then they might have been smart to get this trade now.

Fairely has a long ways to go to prove he is worth anything. He looks like he may end up another Marvin Lewis rebuilding project in Cincy. Im thinking the same about Grahm, got to be something wrong with him for the Saints to make that trade. It looks like Brees isnt very happy about it either. I aslo dont get the Eagles giving up Foles and a 2016 2nd for Sam Bradford?   I like what Indy did in getting a pass rusher like Cole and a power back like Gore.

Indy will probably sign Andre Johnson today and I'm hearing they're interested in Wilfork as well. There's a ton of 'The U' connections there in Indy. They get those 2 guys and they're going to be damned tough to beat next season.

• Like 1

• Moderators

We'll see if Graham gets healthy. If he does then this will end up looking bad for the Saints as he's still very young and insanely talented. But if the Saints know something about him that we don't then they might have been smart to get this trade now.

Well, Smoove is the closest thing to Lebron in the NBA, so I'll take it.

At this point in Ngata's career, because he hasn't been the Ngata of old, it's like replacing Lebron with Smoove but yeah he should be a good replacement. They still need to bring Fairley back though to keep from having a big drop off.

Lol not quite. I'd compare it to replacing Jeff Hornacek with Jeff Malone Like Philly did in 94. Or maybe Vin Baker(98) with Shawn Kemp. You can't discount the fact that Ngata has a ring and was groomed under Ray Lewis and Ed Reed and will be playing under the same coach that was his defensive coordinator in Baltimore who got him that ring in Jimmy Caldwell.

Edited by Spud2Nique

Saints traded Kenny Stills to Miami for Ellerbe and a 3rd plus they signed CJ Spiller.

I'm thrilled as Ellerbe was terribly overrated and always hurt plus we were gonna cut him and Stills is a very good young WR and cheap too.

Saints traded Kenny Stills to Miami for Ellerbe and a 3rd plus they signed CJ Spiller.

I'm thrilled as Ellerbe was terribly overrated and always hurt plus we were gonna cut him and Stills is a very good young WR and cheap too.

I don't recall ever seeing this much significant movement in the NFL offseason EVER.

NFL top 100

2011- Ngata #17 Suh #51

2012- Ngata #9 Suh #38

2013- Ngata #42 Suh #40

2014- Ngata #45 Suh #40

Ngata 5 time pro bowler....Suh 4 time pro bowler

I don't think the Lions dropped off that far. Now not getting Fairley adds to our issues but Ngata vs Suh is closer than everyone seems to think.

And this..

http://youtu.be/HijEMfd7oC0

Edited by Spud2Nique

NFL top 100

2011- Ngata #17 Suh #51

2012- Ngata #9 Suh #38

2013- Ngata #42 Suh #40

2014- Ngata #45 Suh #40

Ngata 5 time pro bowler....Suh 4 time pro bowler

I don't think the Lions dropped off that far. Now not getting Fairley adds to our issues but Ngata vs Suh is closer than everyone seems to think.

And this..

What are those rankings from? Not PFF rankings right?

Ngata has been tremendous as a run stopper but he's not a threat to disrupt the passing game like Suh. That's where you'll notice the drop off.

What are those rankings from? Not PFF rankings right?

Ngata has been tremendous as a run stopper but he's not a threat to disrupt the passing game like Suh. That's where you'll notice the drop off.

No those are just NFL network top 100 rankings by players themselves...maybe Suh got jacked there cuz some players think he's dirty lol.

Ur right tho Suh disrupts the pass while Ngata is strictly run stopper. And now that teams pass more...uh oh

No those are just NFL network top 100 rankings by players themselves...maybe Suh got jacked there cuz some players think he's dirty lol.

Ur right tho Suh disrupts the pass while Ngata is strictly run stopper. And now that teams pass more...uh oh

The Lions have one of my favorite players in the secondary at least, Ihedigbo or however you spell it. It will be curious to see how the pass defense holds up having to defend another .5 - 1 second longer on pass plays.