• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The major difference between Golden State and Atlanta is their bigs can play..

atlhawks1

And in a 7 game series, if the hawks dont shoot light outs, the warriors would beat them. We got pero coming off the bench behind horford, while the warriors got marreese speights coming in scoring 11 points a game with almost 5 rebounds. pero is averaging 5 points and 2 boards........this love affair with pero might go down as THE single reason we dont win the chip this year, if that happens. too much pressure is put on our jump shooting.

i know thats the way we are built, but we also see the results when the team goes cold shooting the ball. curry and thompson have the luxury of knowing that they have more balance and dont have to carry their teams because of it. they can gamble on defense out front more because bogut has them covered. we have to pack the lane and play tight man on ball defense, but if a guy gets into the lane, its always a score against us.

........walter tavares and or some help in the draft cant get here soon enough........

Edited by atlbenz

Do what? 

Speights = Mike Scott.  They are both jumpshooters only Mike has more range.

Green is a pretty close clone to Millsap with Millsap having more range.  Millsap is the better post up player easily.

Bogut isn't making any more low post moves than Horford is.

David Lee does some low post work but he also relies on jumpers a lot.

GSW relies on the jumpshot just as much as we do.

Edited by JETSET
  • Like 2

If our Championship hopes lie with a $1.25 million,15 minute per game back up center Pero, might as well not even show up.

We win games when we play defense - that's where our Championship hopes lie.

(Speights has almost twice as many shot attempts as Pero by the way - and if Pero is taking 9/10 shots a game then we really have a problem, definitely don't want him shooting more).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Do what? 

Speights = Mike Scott.  They are both jumpshooters only Mike has more range.

Green is a pretty close clone to Millsap with Millsap having more range.  Millsap is the better post up player easily.

Bogut isn't making any more low post moves than Horford is.

David Lee does some low post work but he also relies on jumpers a lot.

GSW relies on the jumpshot just as much as we do.

im more focusing on the 11 points per game and rebounds. pero brings NOTHING. the defense of pero is " he can stretch the floor". my question is:  WHEN? now, as far as bogut, he is more a rim protector than horford. 

im more focusing on the 11 points per game and rebounds. pero brings NOTHING. the defense of pero is " he can stretch the floor". my question is: WHEN? now, as far as bogut, he is more a rim protector than horford.

Again, Speights is averaging 10 shots per game in 15/16 mpg to get his 11 points, I don't want Pero shooting 10 shots a game when he subs in for Al and is on the court with Sap, DMC, KK and Teague.

Why does every automatically assume the Warriors are gonna get to the finals? Folks, they might get Okc in round 1 and get eliminated. Even if they get past okc, they have to get through the Grizz and even the Spurs. Golden State isn't a shoe in by any means.

I thought we were better than GS when we beat them but a few weeks since has changed my mind. We can get a leg up if we go 2-0 against them though.

Our common losses are Memphis, SA, and LA Lakers (wtf?!). Where the big difference lies is in the point margins. Their biggest loss was 14 points. We've took 33, 30, 25, and 15 on the chin, and were down 34 last night. Clear line of demarcation there. Having the most skilled player to ever touch a basketball might be the difference in their favor (just joking yall, kinda, not really, sorta)

Still, to have two upstsrts dominate their conference in the same year is extremely rare, maybe will never happen again. I'm pretty sure there haven't been two teams who failed to make the Conference Finals one year come back and be the first to 50 wins the next. And I hate Twitter but the respect between both teams accounts is very cool, there's a brothership in style.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators

I agree with @JETSET, Curry carries that team... and the Hawks have the best defensive PG tandem in the league. We can guard the perimeter cause we have Teague, Schröder, DMC, Thabo, Bazemore, and our bigs are athletic enough to guard Iggy. If we force them to rely on Bogut and Speights to beat us, then that is an accomplishment and I'd love our odds. The only differences between the Hawks and Warriors are names and conferences.

I've historically been a David Lee hater but I kinda think he could be really good for us.

That's all I got from reading this wacky thread.

Wacky indeed.

atlbenz  - It was nice of you, a Golden State fan, to come on here and explain to us

how your team was going to beat up on the Hawks in the finals!

We realize that you feel that your team is superior.  We don't all agree.  We think that

our own Hawk team is pretty good too.

Wait till both teams get to the finals before you go too far.

I think it's gonna come down to the mascots in game 7...that's what I got from this thread. But hey, that's just me.

Agreed, and Harry will win that matchup.