• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AL HORFORD FOR DWIGHT HOWARD.....

atlhawks1

i know. i know. i know. i know it looks absurd for LOTS of reasons, and i know it wouldnt happen, for various reasons, but hear me out. I love horford. Nothing wrong with his game. My problem is, like we all know, is he isnt a true center. The hawks problem is balance, as ive stated in numerous posts. Sap is too small at the 4 to be true help in the paint and on the boards, and Horford doesnt play like a true center. For all the theories about the NBA not being a true center's league anymore, i disagree. Jump shooting is not gonna win a championship ( see oklahoma city thunder). San antonio has MAJOR presence in the paint, so this spurs east stuff isnt really true about the hawks.

HOWARD. We all know that his character, on the surface, wouldnt play over with the Hawks. I get that. I also know that Howard was a BEAST in his early days in Orlando when they played that inside out game. Howard wouldnt disrupt the offense, he would make it even MORE dangerous. I think with the change in culture of the hawks, and how the league perceives atlanta, that howard would come here now.

Lastly, i think Houston would do it. They have proved WITHOUT howard, that they can win. I know none of this would never happen, but i believe the skillset howard still brings, would put the hawks over the top and make them a real championship contender. Again, this is not a knock on Horford, its my belief that his TYPE of play isnt gonna get us over the top. If we had centers in the rotation behind him that could rebound or block shots, this would be a moot issue, but as it stands, its what is holding this team back.

Edited by atlbenz

your hawks trophy case after 50 years of being in atlanta doing it THEIR way:

Now do some simple math, and tell the class how many of those years came with Coach Bud...

I've never once seen you post a positive comment. Not here, and not on the Falcons board either. You're a habitual complainer. You should look into that.

Now do some simple math, and tell the class how many of those years came with Coach Bud...

I've never once seen you post a positive comment. Not here, and not on the Falcons board either. You're a habitual complainer. You should look into that.

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/features/sekou_smith/03/22/hawks-learn-lesson-from-defending-champions/

It was that sort of day for the Hawks, losers of three straight games for the first time all season and suddenly living up to all of the fears of their fans and the words of the critics who suggest that a season's worth of dominance can be undone in the win-or-go-home portion of the season because of deficiencies in their make-up (a lack of big and physical men to battle men of the same ilk on other contending teams).

Edited by atlbenz

Lastly, i think Houston would do it. They have proved WITHOUT howard, that they can win.

I'm confused - So Houston is winning without D12, aren't the Hawks winning without D12?

We need to ADD to our team not swap players.

I'm confused - So Houston is winning without D12, aren't the Hawks winning without D12?

We need to ADD to our team not swap players.

hawks are 5-5 in their last 10 games. EVERY one of those games had the same thing: teams attacking the paint FIERCELY because they know that when the hawks are on their game, the hawks can shut down the wings.......

Well, it is hard to argue with all those rings Dwight has. Oh, wait...

he has the same amount as the hawks.........

hawks are 5-5 in their last 10 games. EVERY one of those games had the same thing: teams attacking the paint FIERCELY because they know that when the hawks are on their game, the hawks can shut down the wings.......

he has the same amount as the hawks.........

10 game sample size vs 60+ games played so far.....cherry.....picking.

For the record I'm not saying we don't have deficiencies in certain areas but Dwight is NOT the answer for this team by trading Al.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...