• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Team of bank robbers spent stolen money on suite at Hawks' games

Four Atlanta bank robbers knew what they wanted when they stole $4 million from the Bank of New York Mellon in a convoluted series of thefts and wire transfers. They wanted to see the Hawks play in the lap of luxury.

The U.S. District Attorney's office released a list of the items the four men purchased with their ill-gotten gains and sports were high on the list.

The four used the stolen money to buy personal vehicles, a suite at Hawks games, gold and trips, Horn's office said. Vaughn continually moved client funds from one account to another so that the original theft went undetected until 2013, when he left his employment with the bank.

The four men are all headed to prison. If there's one thing we've learned from Goodfellasit's that you NEVER spend the money immediately following a bank heist. Don't people learn anything from movies?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/3/27/8299747/hawks-bank-robbers-suite-atlanta

And if anyone in the crew does spend any money, you gotta off 'em immediately.  Duh.

Oh well, at least now we know if someone stops posting that means they were probably one of the culprits.  Hmm, who haven't we seen much lately?

Aww come on. Nobody got hurt and they spent it on the Hawks now. I bet some rich fat cats weren't even going to use the suite that night anyways. Just give em the ole slap on the wrist

(Stealing is bad im obv joking)

• Like 1

Yeah, you can't go from having a negative balance in your checking account to six figures overnight without someone there taking notice. And you also can't go from watching games on your 20" Visio to being a shotcaller in a suite without someone noticing. If they had De Niro running that crew, we'd see them in the back of sanitation trucks and meat lockers...

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Lance Stephenson steals money 82 times a year.

I was a huge fan of that dudes' game, I couldn't have been more wrong, kinda affirms my praise of Vogel. Take away that buzzer beater against us, he's done less than nothing in Charlotte.

We're paying the combination of Thabo and Baze three million less than Lance. Looking at his stat line this year he should return his salary. They both do everything better than Lance except assist, and Thabo could rebound as good with the minutes. Glad I'm not the GM and instead we have the runaway EOY. The only thing me and Northcyde agreed upon and we both look foolish.

Edited by benhillboy

So let me get this straight, someone wrote an article because there were crooks sitting in a suite for a Hawks game?

Yawn. We already knew this. They're the A$G. They do this every game.