• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great article on our Junk Yard Dog!

JSmooooove

Link

Carroll's two-season run with the Hawks marks the turning point in his career. From a journeyman, and that's putting it kindly, in his first four seasons of pro ball, to a staple for one of the best teams in basketball this season. Carroll saw his name on the back of four different NBA jerseys (Memphis twice, Houston, Denver and Utah) in those first four seasons, trying times that saw him start just 22 games.

It's crazy to think about how much he has improved since he has come to Atlanta. Huge credit goes to Carroll for all of the hard work that he put in, and credit has to be given to our COTY Bud and his staff for their obvious player development skills.

What team-oriented player wouldn't LOVE to come play for this coach? You have to love the guys on our team and their selfless attitudes.

(Ironic I know coming from JSMOOOOOVE) shok.gif

• Like 4

• Moderators

Not only is he great for Atlanta, but Atlanta is great for him.  It isn't a coincidence that the sharing of the ball has coincided with his career best season.  He can play his part here and really excel whereas on a lot of teams I think he would either be marginalized or forced to do too much.  Hope we see him here on a reasonable contract for years to come!

I don't think he would be as successful on other teams. He would be expected to be a typical 3 and D, hustle player, just standing in the corner waiting for the ball. He would be an afterthought on most teams as part of the offense.

Our offense is an equal opportunity system. Everyone has a chance to make plays and score.

I hope he sticks around.

• Moderators

I don't think he would be as successful on other teams. He would be expected to be a typical 3 and D, hustle player, just standing in the corner waiting for the ball. He would be an afterthought on most teams as part of the offense.

Our offense is an equal opportunity system. Everyone has a chance to make plays and score.

I hope he sticks around.

That is the point I was trying to make but I also see another possibility.  If bidding on him gets high enough, a team might expect him to be too high an option on offense - say a third option.  That could result in him forcing things and struggling to meet those expectations.  The fit in Atlanta seems perfect for his game and his role.

That is the point I was trying to make but I also see another possibility. If bidding on him gets high enough, a team might expect him to be too high an option on offense - say a third option. That could result in him forcing things and struggling to meet those expectations. The fit in Atlanta seems perfect for his game and his role.

Agreed, he is the perfect fit here in Atlanta.