• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Moose proves that....

JonKoncak

• Premium Member

They attached Moose game 1 when he was in. Neither are a great option on a championship caliber team.

I agree with this. This make one wonder if the Hawks will ever upgrade this position when the trade deadline came and went and no upgrade was made.

I don't think Moose is ready to be a starter by any stretch and Pero never will be. That was a forced decision that would never had been made normally. Pero sets good screens and plays decent defense. His big problem is his defensive effort seems tied to his offensive production. If he is hitting shots he hustles more on D. When he is missing he gets frustrated and plays sloppy D He also gets over matched physically and fouls against bigger guys. He committed some really lazy fouls way away from the basket in game 3 and seemed to lose effort with every shot.

A reserve big needs to bring energy and rebounds if they don't have offense. Pero doesn't do the first well when he is missing. I think he still has a better grasp of the team system than Moose and coach Bud sees that in practice hence the start. However, we can't afford anymore Pero pouting out there.

I thought Moose showed a lot Saturday. He did bring the effort, intensity, and rebounding. He also showed a lot more offensive game. I think he was very unsure of himself in the first two games and not ready for the ever increasing intensity of the playoffs. Saturday may have fixed that. We need size and rebounding badly in this series. He brought it in game 3 hopefully coach Bud gives him the shot to do it again in game 4.

If he plays like Saturday roll with him and sit Pero. If he looks overwhelmed again let him give Pierce and Beal a couple hard ass fouls and put their asses on the court. I think we really saw Moose grow some yesterday and you can't learn to swim without getting in the water so I'm hopping to see him early in game 4 and praying that he gives us the same production.

If we have a big off the bench that can bring size rebounding and just enough offense it really helps nutralize a Wizards advantage. Maybe sitting on his ass watching will also help motivate Pero some.

My one big concern with Moose was a lot of the big production from him and the second unit was when they thought it was garbage time. No real pressure so just ball out. The Wizards were also coasting for a lot of that outburst. Real curious how he will look playing more with the starters and handling the pressure of the Wizards playing full out and not coasting thinking it is a blow out.

I really want him to rise up because he could be huge the rest of this post season and move from being a tall ass cheerleader to be a huge part of our rotation next year.

Edited by ThomasCredle

They attached Moose game 1 when he was in. Neither are a great option on a championship caliber team.

Gortat scored once on a hook shot. Thats hardly being attacked or enough to prove Moose cant hold his own.