Somebody poke me with a needle...

hawkzlova123

• Premium Member

Why do we as fans continue to live in the past??  Why was the expectation any less after a 60 win season?  Why is there some type of shock that we beat the Washington Wizard?  Now if we beat the Warriors...I would be shocked!  LOL!

• Like 1

Why do we as fans continue to live in the past??  Why was the expectation any less after a 60 win season?  Why is there some type of shock that we beat the Washington Wizard?  Now if we beat the Warriors...I would be shocked!  LOL!

Dude, ECF was my main goal for the hawks for my entire life and im only....... I  dont think it has settled in on everyone that we are in the E C F... after game one you'll realise what im talking about.. this is it, the BIG SHIP 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Dude, ECF was my main goal for the hawks for my entire life and im only....... I  dont think it has settled in on everyone that we are in the E C F... after game one you'll realise what im talking about.. this is it, the BIG SHIP 

Just don't think it was a real surprise that the Hawks beat the Brooklyn nets and the Washington Wizards.dirol.gif

Just don't think it was a real surprise that the Hawks beat the Brooklyn nets and the Washington Wizards.dirol.gif

And one of those teams would've been prepping to play Cleveland right now had they played any of Woody or LD's squads. That's a fact...

• Premium Member

And one of those teams would've been prepping to play Cleveland right now had they played any of Woody or LD's squads. That's a fact...

Y'all can stay in the past...I'm moving on and looking toward the future with BUD and now Dan Quinn.  I would do the same with the Braves if they finally found a great Base Ball manager to replace Freddie Gonzales. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Y'all can stay in the past...I'm moving on and looking toward the future with BUD and now Dan Quinn.  I would do the same with the Braves if they finally found a great Base Ball manager to replace Freddie Gonzales. 

Our past experiences with the Hawks have probably lowered or made us more cautious with our expectations in the future. I don't think anyone is necessarily staying in the past, it's just a lot of people are excited we finally broke the barrier and are doing something that we never have done before. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Our past experiences with the Hawks have probably lowered or made us more cautious with our expectations in the future. I don't think anyone is necessarily staying in the past, it's just a lot of people are excited we finally broke the barrier and are doing something that we never have done before. 

And all I'm saying is coaching matters!!!  Everybody knows that I dispised Woodson and LD because I knew that their appraoch would not work especially in the playoffs.  Obviously Bud is a much better coach than those two and that is why it is not a suprise to me that his teams are performing better.  Same with Mike Smith...I despised him the most eventhough we had 2 13-3 seasons with him because his approach and coaching abilities were limited.  Dan Quinn is a different animal just like Bud is.  They see things that the average/below average coach does not see.  I can get into an lengthy discussion of what I mean but it suffices to say that these coaches see what players can do and encourage them to do what they will be good at doing nothing more.

And all I'm saying is coaching matters!!! Everybody knows that I dispised Woodson and LD because I knew that their appraoch would not work especially in the playoffs. Obviously Bud is a much better coach than those two and that is why it is not a suprise to me that his teams are performing better. Same with Mike Smith...I despised him the most eventhough we had 2 13-3 seasons with him because his approach and coaching abilities were limited. Dan Quinn is a different animal just like Bud is. They see things that the average/below average coach does not see. I can get into an lengthy discussion of what I mean but it suffices to say that these coaches see what players can do and encourage them to do what they will be good at doing nothing more.

Gah can't you just let us be happy and excited?!?! LOL

• Premium Member

And all I'm saying is coaching matters!!!  Everybody knows that I dispised Woodson and LD because I knew that their appraoch would not work especially in the playoffs.  Obviously Bud is a much better coach than those two and that is why it is not a suprise to me that his teams are performing better.  Same with Mike Smith...I despised him the most eventhough we had 2 13-3 seasons with him because his approach and coaching abilities were limited.  Dan Quinn is a different animal just like Bud is.  They see things that the average/below average coach does not see.  I can get into an lengthy discussion of what I mean but it suffices to say that these coaches see what players can do and encourage them to do what they will be good at doing nothing more.

Trust me, I agree with what you are saying about how much coaching matters (with Bud and hopefully Quinn). I knew we were in a great position to make the ECF this year because of coaching. You still have to see it happen to believe it, especially consider it has never happened and we aren't just talking about the LD and Woody teams. The expectations were there for a reason but it wasn't something we all just assumed was going to happen.

• Premium Member

Gah can't you just let us be happy and excited?!?! LOL

I was more relieved than happy because of how poorly we played.  Hopefully we get our act together for this Cleveland series.  We definitely can't play like we have been during these playoffs if we expect to hoist a trophy a month from now.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Trust me, I agree with what you are saying about how much coaching matters (with Bud and hopefully Quinn). I knew we were in a great position to make the ECF this year because of coaching. You still have to see it happen to believe it, especially consider it has never happened and we aren't just talking about the LD and Woody teams. The expectations were there for a reason but it wasn't something we all just assumed was going to happen.

True but you had to know once the seeding fell the way it did..i.e. Chicago getting the 3rd seed and Washington beating Toronto that it was in the cards right?

............BUDENHOLZER please call POP!!!!! I can imagine them having late night long conversations on how to DESTROY LEBRON... ...... Watch out lebron you bout to see some evil mastermind crazy bleep*

I always wondered if this would happen though. I am sure Pop is rooting for Bud now that the Spurs are out. 

Watching TV, I would have never guessed that the Hawks were in the playoffs, let alone just made it to the ECF. [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should know better, lol.