• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency

jmac54

Of course the big name players would be awesome but, I want wes mathews.  He is coming off injury so should be cheap, and that guy plays with a chip on his shoulder and will be even more fiery than usual coming back from the injury.  Plus, the hawks need a guy with some grit.  I wouldn't mind Robin Lopez coming with him either (if we aren't resigning sap).

Danny Green would also be a good cheaper option.

(I know the season is still on, but I really need to talk about something other than this series right now)

• Like 1

Realistically we aren't getting upgrades to Millsap or Carroll. Nobody will sign here of any significance. The only way the Hawks get better is from trades because the draft is something they still can't figure out.

Realistically we aren't getting upgrades to Millsap or Carroll. Nobody will sign here of any significance. The only way the Hawks get better is from trades because the draft is something they still can't figure out.

Greg Monroe is an upgrade over Sap. He fits in our system and there is no overlap with Horford and he's a center. 

Yeah, we're SOL about DMC

Edited by nbasupes40retired

We can't figure out the draft? Didn't we draft Dennis. I think this has everything to do with your hate for us trading that tweeti bird no brain Payne.

We can't figure out the draft? Didn't we draft Dennis. I think this has everything to do with your hate for us trading that tweeti bird no brain Payne.

Alex is my dude but Payne wasn't it. He didn't have the BBIQ, Minny fans already talking about him not having a role and wanting to sign a PF from Europe next year to start next to Towns. 

Dennis is a backup and that's it. Nobody else will or has been a positive that this regime has drafted. So it's safe to say the franchise sucks at the draft.

Dennis is a backup and that's it. Nobody else will or has been a positive that this regime has drafted. So it's safe to say the franchise sucks at the draft.

Dennis is a legit very talented PG. Our most talented player on the roster. 

Dennis is a top 5 pg in 3 years. Don't get it twisted.

Sounds like the Joe Johnson argument in the past. No one else wants to come here so max these guys out.

Dennis is a backup and that's it. 

1 star post.

• Like 1

Sounds like the Joe Johnson argument in the past. No one else wants to come here so max these guys out.

1 star post.

I am not saying the team should blindly throw money at Carrol, Millsap, or anyone else for that matter. Simply stating that the Hawks will never and have never been a destination for marquee free agent players. So they either try and keep their own players and overpay or they lose them and get nothing in return. Not an envious position to be in, but the management get paid way too much money to have to make easy decisions, so I have no sympathy.

Dennis is outmatched again. His decision making is still pretty bleh. He has zero shot to speak of. He's fast and that's it. You call this a one star post and I call Dennis a one star player.

Dennis is a top 5 pg in 3 years. Don't get it twisted.

He's not ever going to develop a shot, so no that's not true. Right now he's barely even a top 5 PG in the division.

Edited by Alex

He's not ever going to develop a shot, so no that's not true. Right now he's not even a top 5 PG in the division.

His shot is much better than it was last year. His nickname around most NBA circles is Rondo with a jumpshot. His problem his decision making and consistency with the jumper but he can improve on both 

I am not saying the team should blindly throw money at Carrol, Millsap, or anyone else for that matter. Simply stating that the Hawks will never and have never been a destination for marquee free agent players. So they either try and keep their own players and overpay or they lose them and get nothing in return. Not an envious position to be in, but the management get paid way too much money to have to make easy decisions, so I have no sympathy.

Dennis is outmatched again. His decision making is still pretty bleh. He has zero shot to speak of. He's fast and that's it. You call this a one star post and I call Dennis a one star player.

You don't know that to be true now. Now Bud has proven that he is an elite coach and now he just needs the talent to get over the hump. The Ghost of ASG is done and over with and our organization prestige has improved rapidly from a year ago. If we have the money who is to say we can't get an elite player? We have clout now. We just need a superstar or two stars to get over the hump (barring a miracle series win over Cavs).

Dennis has improved every year he has been here. Remember when he was a bad pick his rookie season? He now is our sixth man and our energy off the bench. He shot 35% from 3 this year, an improvement from the 24% he shot his rookie season. Who is too say he can't shoot 38% next year? He has only gotten better every year. Dennis has the potential to be an elite PG and is only only 21. Teague is 27 and has pretty much peaked as a player in this league. Teague is what he is, a solid PG on a playoff team and a sixth man on a championship team (in my honest opinion).

You don't know that to be true now. Now Bud has proven that he is an elite coach and now he just needs the talent to get over the hump. The Ghost of ASG is done and over with and our organization prestige has improved rapidly from a year ago. If we have the money who is to say we can't get an elite player? We have clout now. We just need a superstar or two stars to get over the hump (barring a miracle series win over Cavs).

Dennis has improved every year he has been here. Remember when he was a bad pick his rookie season? He now is our sixth man and our energy off the bench. He shot 35% from 3 this year, an improvement from the 24% he shot his rookie season. Who is too say he can't shoot 38% next year? He has only gotten better every year. Dennis has the potential to be an elite PG and is only only 21. Teague is 27 and has pretty much peaked as a player in this league. Teague is what he is, a solid PG on a playoff team and a sixth man on a championship team (in my honest opinion).

Teague developed into a top 10 PG who is very good. I disagree with that notion that he's solid or a 6th man at this point. Ask me last year and that's was exactly what he was outside of the playoffs. This year, he's legit. 

He's not ever going to develop a shot

That makes absolutely no sense. Talking in absolutes about young players makes no sense. Edited by JayBirdHawk

He's not ever going to develop a shot, so no that's not true. Right now he's barely even a top 5 PG in the division.

You lose credibility when you say things like this. Not top 5pg in the division?....lol