• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency

jmac54

• Premium Member

You know, Alex, you're kinda lucky we have a sticky thread about making personal comments about another poster because your level of negativity is just really silly. I mean really, really silly.

• Like 1

I would like to see Hawks sign Drummond from pistons, but the problem with Drummond is that he is a poor free throw shooter so it might be a bad idea.

Another good big is from the Jazz, Rudy Gobert. He has the size and length, he's a good rim proctector. I hope Hawks have interest in him.

Edited by Spursfanpeacemaker

I would like to see Hawks sign Drummond from pistons, but the problem with Drummond is that he is a poor free throw shooter so it might be a bad idea.

Another good option is to look for a skilled talented big man from overseas.

The bigger problem is Detroit has zero interest in moving the big man on that. 

• Premium Member

Vucevic is already resigned with the Magic, Utah knows they have a gold mine in Gobert, Drummond isn't leaving Detroit.

Realistically we'd have to let Millsap walk to sign Monroe but that's not happening. We're going to bring Millsap back and hope Tavares can play well enough in SL to bring in next year to be our rotating center with Horford.

Vucevic is already resigned with the Magic, Utah knows they have a gold mine in Gobert, Drummond isn't leaving Detroit.

Realistically we'd have to let Millsap walk to sign Monroe but that's not happening. We're going to bring Millsap back and hope Tavares can play well enough in SL to bring in next year to be our rotating center with Horford.

That's not realistic to be honest. Edy while I hype him isn't someone you give those mins to. He will have to adjust to the NBA. That's tough and then play for a team like the Hawks. It takes at least a half a yr to adjust to the NBA from Europe. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

That's not realistic to be honest. Edy while I hype him isn't someone you give those mins to. He will have to adjust to the NBA. That's tough and then play for a team like the Hawks. It takes at least a half a yr to adjust to the NBA from Europe. 

He'll learn. The team is going to bring back Millsap which means we get more of Horford/Millsap getting killed on the glass.

Kanter? I think he'd be too pricey for the role we'd have for him.

Yes Kanter had some monster games for Oklahoma and he's a young player. If not Kanter I am for bringing in Monroe. Hawks can't come back with same team or else face similar problems next year.