• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks / Thunder comparison

ThomasCredle

Does anyone else see some similarities to the Hawks in the ECF and the year the Thunder went to the Finals. It is tough psychologically when you exceed expectations and make it to a "goal" .

The Thunder seemed just happy to make the finals and exceed expectations. Do the Hawks feel the same on the ECF. A LeBron lead team will always be championship or nothing for a goal.

I don't think this thing is over yet but I fear the Hawks are subconsciously happy where they made it. The taste of the ECF and exposure to yet another escalation in the intensity of next round of the playoffs bodes well for the Hawks. They come back next year expecting ECF and thinking title next year. I also think we finally have the ownership group, system, head coach, and team that an elite free agent may finally think they are the piece to bring a title to Atlanta.

Even though this series looks rough I have never been happier about the prospects for next years Hawks team.

Lol, I don't. Westbrook won them a game by himself and Durant while great wasn't Lebron and that was proven. Their issue was James Harden. He didn't step up that series. These two teams are night and day. They were like 21 and 22. We are in our 30's. Not really comparable. This is more like the 2012 Falcons. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

No I totally agree with you all regarding the physical abilities of the teams and lack of Superstars. I was mainly asking about the psychological state of the team and the way they seem to be mentally engaged in the series

No I totally agree with you all regarding the physical abilities of the teams and lack of Superstars. I was mainly asking about the psychological state of the team and the way they seem to be mentally engaged in the series

No, we are playing hard and are making the plays we normally make, just struggling shooting and we aren't getting the looks we were getting in the regular season. Simply put, we are overmatched. Psychologically, we are in a better place than they were during that series. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Does anyone else see some similarities to the Hawks in the ECF and the year the Thunder went to the Finals. It is tough psychologically when you exceed expectations and make it to a "goal" .

The Thunder seemed just happy to make the finals and exceed expectations. Do the Hawks feel the same on the ECF. A LeBron lead team will always be championship or nothing for a goal.

I don't think this thing is over yet but I fear the Hawks are subconsciously happy where they made it. The taste of the ECF and exposure to yet another escalation in the intensity of next round of the playoffs bodes well for the Hawks. They come back next year expecting ECF and thinking title next year. I also think we finally have the ownership group, system, head coach, and team that an elite free agent may finally think they are the piece to bring a title to Atlanta.

Even though this series looks rough I have never been happier about the prospects for next years Hawks team.

Yes, I see what you are talking about and yes, completely. Like I said in another post, it's a long road to a championship and teams usually have to knock on the door a time or two before they figure out how to bust through it.