• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Delly from a Cavs fan perspective

WeiWang

Marcus Spears was on His and Hers on BSPN earlier this morning and he called Delladiva out for being dirty and said you could see him jumping into Horford to initiate the contact and trying to go for his knee/ankle on the landing. At least one guy on national tv can call it honestly.

I'm honestly surprised somebody in the national media actually called out Delladiver for his dirty BS. And yes, Delladiver is my trademark, you must pay me .25 cents for every use man_in_love.gif

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I'm honestly surprised somebody in the national media actually called out Delladiver for his dirty BS. And yes, Delladiver is my trademark, you must pay me .25 cents for every use man_in_love.gif

Reggie and Webber both wanted to call him out on it too, but they no doubt got a call from upstairs telling them to backtrack.

Della looked like a running back pushing the pile at the goal line. Watch him load up with his legs to squat thrust. Whether he was intentionally trying to hurt Horford, I can't know. But he has a pattern of throwing his weight into players' lower extremities. And in this play, he loaded up to thrust into horford at least twice. If you watch that and call it "falling", you're a hopeless homer who can't stand criticism of his own team.

Exactly, it was driving me wild to feel like i was the only one seeing this.....that alone should of got him the flagrant 2 also

• Like 1

Problem is that you can't act like he did nothing because why receive the tech then which Ken Maur specifically said was a live ball taunt, head and shoulders in Al's knee area. You go letter of the law with Al then come the next game or any, you see this guy hit the floor and ever so casually roll his body towards anyone's extremities then you eject him and suspend him. Don't leave it to the players to police themselves because clearly the NBA is not happy with the retaliation while letting the initial offender go.

And 2ndly, this bum never played rugby a day in his life. He played that "Aussie roolz" nonsense that is "footy".

• Like 3

Marcus Spears was on His and Hers on BSPN earlier this morning and he called Delladiva out for being dirty and said you could see him jumping into Horford to initiate the contact and trying to go for his knee/ankle on the landing. At least one guy on national tv can call it honestly.

Well I would give the Network a teeny bit of credit since the on-court reporter/interviewer did ask the CAVs' coach if the thing with Delly was a "pattern of behavior"...I'm sure she didn't just make up that question on her own.

Otherwise, if I were the GSW's owner or GM I would be filling up Silver's inbox about now.  I would want to make absolutely sure that the Commish knew that this kind of dirty play will not be acceptable against the "Splash Brothers".

• Like 2

And 2ndly, this bum never played rugby a day in his life. He played that "Aussie roolz" nonsense that is "footy".

Thanks Mace, that makes me feel better.  Is there nothing that the media cannot get wrong?

Edited by DJlaysitup

Please explain why, since Dumpydova had the ball in front of him, he would roll backwards on Korver's legs? It was counter to his momentum.  Then he does the same thing to Horford.  It makes no sense whatsoever  to defend Dumpydova..

Please explain why, since Dumpydova had the ball in front of him, he would roll backwards on Korver's legs? It was counter to his momentum.  Then he does the same thing to Horford.  It makes no sense whatsoever  to defend Dumpydova..

My only possible idea to defend the guy would be that he somehow thought he was "blocking out" (like in rebounding) to let one of his teammates get the loose ball.  But that would be a pretty lame defense.  The guy is a guard and should be going straight for the ball.

I think he is guilty.

- Delly's leglock on Gibson (Bulls series)? Absolutely dirty.

- Delly diving for a loose ball then turning to shield it from Korver? Not dirty, but could be considered reckless.

- Delly going for Horford's legs? Patently false:

With Horford pulling him backwards by his arm like a rag doll and continuing to pull even after tripping him over Carroll, there's very limited room to argue as the incident was caught on camera. If you don't want a player with a "dirty reputation" coming at your legs, then maybe you shouldn't PULL HIM TOWARD THEM in the first place?

For the record, I was cussing when Horford was ejected. This is the NBA playoffs, not figure skating. Hit him with a T1 and be done with it. You can't eject the Hawks top performing player in the ECF. It was a BS call and I'm glad he wasn't suspended further.

and this is what happens when you try to start any serious debate with hawks fans i guess   : /

Oh well best of luck to your team, you guys are 1 or 2 pieces away from the finals.

Well f*** you too.

Australian rules football is certainly not nonsense and it certainly does not breed divers and ankle miners.

• Like 2

The video posted above simply shows physical play that ended with Delly pushing backwards and rolling into AL's leg. 

Guilty as charged Delly.

Or in other words, when a player from your team pulls another player down, trips him, then drops a WWE elbow on him while he's in a prone position, chalk it all up as "physical play". But when that opposing player comes near your players legs -- even though he was dragged there by said player -- it's a cheap shot by the other team's player.

At the 0:48 mark of the video, Dellavedova -- having already tripped backwards over Carroll -- is still being pulled backwards by Horford. His hand is still clearly in view pulling back Dellavedova's arm. Or as you said, "physical play" by Horford. I will snap a screen grab and post it when I'm done exercising that clearly shows Dellavedova falling backwards over Carroll with Horford's hand STILL clearly pulling his arm backwards.

6c8685b69f78c0979d2fef3498d5f271.jpg

sorry man i was first

• Moderators

Or in other words, when a player from your team pulls another player down, trips him, then drops a WWE elbow on him while he's in a prone position, chalk it all up as "physical play". But when that opposing player comes near your players legs -- even though he was dragged there by said player -- it's a cheap shot by the other team's player.

At the 0:48 mark of the video, Dellavedova -- having already tripped backwards over Carroll -- is still being pulled backwards by Horford. His hand is still clearly in view pulling back Dellavedova's arm. Or as you said, "physical play" by Horford. I will snap a screen grab and post it when I'm done exercising that clearly shows Dellavedova falling backwards over Carroll with Horford's hand STILL clearly pulling his arm backwards.

Just like when he was forced to attack Gibson's legs and forced to go after Korver. How can one guy be so unlucky to crash into so many vulnerable legs against his very best efforts to avoid this contact.

Get real. Horford pulled his arm and he went after Horford's knees. Both of those are facts. Horf may have deserved a foul but not something threatening his season.

• Like 1