• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeRoid is a shameless cheater

IheartVolt

Did you weigh him? Again. Looks are deceiving regarding the various forms of muscle builds. And Its entirely possible for lebron to put on mass allot faster than the average Joe. Not just Lebron, any pro athlete basically. Even more with guys like Lebron looking 30 at age 18.

This is all basics in world of athletic training.

There is nothing basic about this. Its biology.

• Like 2

Dude it is not biologically possible to pit on all that mass in such a short time. I don't give a chit how alpha he is.

Right.  DS17 is acting like Lebron is some reptilian chameleon that can morph his body in to different types based on the workload needed. 

That's crazy talk.

• Moderators

Right.  DS17 is acting like Lebron is some reptilian chameleon that can morph his body in to different types based on the workload needed. 

That's crazy talk.

People made the same arguments about Sammy Sosa, etc. before the reveal was complete.  "Oh, Bonds was a HOFer before the steroid allegations.  There is no evidence he took anything or that steroids even affect performance.  Etc."

People made that argument because its a perfectly reasonable one to make and true in many cases. But go ahead, gang up instead of arguing. Remember internet-strength is in numbers and emotional hyperbole.

People made that argument because its a perfectly reasonable one to make and true in many cases. But go ahead, gang up instead of arguing. Remember internet-strength is in numbers and emotional hyperbole.

FWIW I'm kind of on your side here. Looking at those two pictures and then decrying that a player "must be on the juice" or whatever is ridiculous. Angles, lighting, photoshop, etc. are all at play here. You know, maybe Lebraun is on some PEDs? But I'm not going to buy that argument from a few pictures.

You lose me with the alpha comments though. Pretty much all athletes are alphas, so I don't see where Leebrown is that much different.

FWIW I'm kind of on your side here. Looking at those two pictures and then decrying that a player "must be on the juice" or whatever is ridiculous. Angles, lighting, photoshop, etc. are all at play here. You know, maybe Lebraun is on some PEDs? But I'm not going to buy that argument from a few pictures.

You lose me with the alpha comments though. Pretty much all athletes are alphas, so I don't see where Leebrown is that much different.

Oh you didn't know? Lebron is the modern day superman. He can complete superhuman feats at the blink of an eye.

• Like 1

• Moderators

It was completely wrong with all the steroid users.  Bonds, Big Mac, Sosa, Palmiero, etc.  

I'm not so much focused on Lebron in particular as the fact that I am jaded that PEDs are rampant in professional sports and I view the idea that the NBA is exempt from them as naive.  There is too much money on the line and the benefits are too obvious to think that athletes won't use them to enjoy more success and make more money.  The NBA's drug testing is pretty toothless and the public scrutiny is not there so it is a perfect environment for major abuse.  Lebron has raised eyebrows for me in the same way that some of the baseball players did and the before and after pictures here remind me of the baseball pictures but even those were not from the same season.

I'm not trying to dog pile on top of you - I just think PEDs are being abused in the NBA and that a reckoning is coming for the league when scandal eventually hits.  On the list of bodies that look like they are PED enhanced, Lebron near the top of the list so I'll just say it would not surprise me in the least -- especially given how many of the very best athletes in other sports are willing to cheat to gain any kind of advantage they can.

• Like 1

LIke I said. Basically most athletes, depending on what you proffess in, would be able to gain muscles allot faster due to their builds and core strength/functional muscles than your average joe smo wanting a part in the curl-bro fraternity.

Lebron is another notch above most other athletes. Always has been. Even at a young age. "its biology"

Maybe hipster sportsfans are not able to get there is more to life than PC BS and the everybody gets a medaillion mindset.

People come in differences. Lebron came in a body much more favorable to pro b-ball than 99.9% of people. And its not just in pure length...

• Moderators

LIke I said. Basically most athletes, depending on what you proffess in, would be able to gain muscles allot faster due to their builds and core strength/functional muscles than your average joe smo wanting a part in the curl-bro fraternity.

Lebron is another notch above most other athletes. Always has been. Even at a young age. "its biology"

People here are suggesting that his in-season muscle development is basically unprecedented among elite NBA athletes.  That it can't be accounted for by "biology."  

• Like 1

Oh you didn't know? Lebron is the modern day superman. He can complete superhuman feats at the blink of an eye.

Must be that photographic memory!

There is nothing "bilogically crazy" about that. It just messes up finesse when you dont have an off-season to adapt. Like also shooting becomes more problematic. Thats why they mostly dont do any of that. But Lebron has to play more of the 4 with Love and Varreajo out. So it made sense to give and take a little on what the PF role asks of you. And even then, training and knowledge has become so sophisticated that they figure out better and better to train fast-twitch build ups instead of slow, gassy, shortened muscles. Still it messes with your rythm, but there is nothing at all biologically crazy about gaining allot more mass allot faster when your an alpha dude in a process of a years long athletic career and at the end of a season vs any guy posting here on this board(except me of courseto_keep_order.gif ).

Edited by DS17Fanboy

Well the problem here is that, if you take for granted that Liebraun has gained a lot of muscle mass (which I'm not really seeing from the pictures, but whatever), then how come we don't see this from other NBA athletes?

Are there NBA athletes you can point to that changed their physique so drastically in the middle of the season? If so, then OK I can get the point of your alpha comment. But I don't see it, which is what confuses me from your alpha comment.

Well the problem here is that, if you take for granted that Liebraun has gained a lot of muscle mass (which I'm not really seeing from the pictures, but whatever), then how come we don't see this from other NBA athletes?

Are there NBA athletes you can point to that changed their physique so drastically in the middle of the season? If so, then OK I can get the point of your alpha comment. But I don't see it, which is what confuses me from your alpha comment.

Well you have to be in the situation Lebron is in, being an alpha able to be as quick as a guard and strong as a PF. A situation where injuries cause you to go from more quickness and finesse to more of an inside game. I cant think of to many players with that skill-set and getting in that injurie situation.

But its said our own Dennis Schröder added like 10 pounds in the first season months on that little frame.

I'm not buying the PED argument. LeBron has always been a big Dude.

That is just nonsense. He was not a big guy coming into the league by any stretch

FWIW I'm kind of on your side here. Looking at those two pictures and then decrying that a player "must be on the juice" or whatever is ridiculous. Angles, lighting, photoshop, etc. are all at play here. You know, maybe Lebraun is on some PEDs? But I'm not going to buy that argument from a few pictures.You lose me with the alpha comments though. Pretty much all athletes are alphas, so I don't see where Leebrown is that much different.

By all means do search yourself. Check all sources you want from NBA to BSPN and you will see its not Photoshop. Dude has put on a lot of mass in a very short time.. Thank you Miami

• Moderators

That is just nonsense. He was not a big guy coming into the league by any stretch

Given that he came in as a teen, I don't think that is determinative.

He was definitely much smaller but a lot of guys are as a teen.

lebron-2003-dribble-vert-rhjpg-d18520374