• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

LeRoid is a shameless cheater

IheartVolt

He was also 18 lol

His whole tenure with the cabs he was like that. He started adding size when he joined Miami. At least what he is today.lol it still has nothing to do with adding all that mass in like four months. It is fckn impossible

I thought the discussion was about what he looked like at the beginning of this season to what he looks like now, not what he looked like as an 18 yr old to now.

I thought the discussion was about what he looked like at the beginning of this season to what he looks like now, not what he looked like as an 18 yr old to now.

It is Jay.. Deflection

• Premium Member

Steriods do not help you in basketball. Basketball is a game of skill, dribbling, shooting, passing, etc. At the pre

draft workouts KevinDurant could not bench 175 even one time, and his timed speed was terrible, yet he

became one of the best players in the NBA.Why? Because he is tall and he can shoot. Thats what matters in

basketball. Steph Curry would not become better if he took steroids, in fact  

too much added muscle could hinder his flexibility. That is a game of skill, not brute strench or anaerobic

power, this not the hundred meter dash. Focus on PEDs is just because of drug stigma, and 40 years of aniti

drug propaganda, and the baffling decision in the 80s to make PEDs a controlled substance.

Steroids do help with speed, strength, and stamina.  All three things are attributes that Lebron picked up after his midseason trip to Miami.

• Like 1

And I thought it was pretty standard for most athletes to actually LOSE weight 9ver the course of a long season, not gain weight. At least baseball players said that all the time. They'd have to add extra pounds preseason just because they knew they'd end up under weight at the end of the season and they'd run out of gas if they didn't.

• Premium Member

I think it's very simple.   The league will start testing next year.  I believe Lebron was seeing how he could play without the roids at the beginning of the season.  When he found out that he was not that good, he cycled back onto the roids.   When the Universe finds out that Lebron has been doping all this time, all this talk about greatest of all time will certainly disappear.

• Like 4

I think it's very simple. The league will start testing next year. I believe Lebron was seeing how he could play without the roids at the beginning of the season. When he found out that he was not that good, he cycled back onto the roids. When the Universe finds out that Lebron has been doping all this time, all this talk about greatest of all time will certainly disappear.

Damn bro... Nailed it.

The two week vacation

• Like 2

I think it's very simple.   The league will start testing next year.  I believe Lebron was seeing how he could play without the roids at the beginning of the season.  When he found out that he was not that good, he cycled back onto the roids.   When the Universe finds out that Lebron has been doping all this time, all this talk about greatest of all time will certainly disappear.

This is exactly what happened. 

Why else would he go to Miami, of all places, for two weeks midseason.

http://uproxx.com/smokingsection/2015/02/did-bill-simmons-hint-that-lebron-james-took-a-steroid-vacation/

lebron-james.jpg?w=650&h=427

GETTY IMAGE

Written By Drew Ricketts

Do I have to start this by saying I’m a big fan of LeBron James, who is, in my view, the greatest to ever lace-up sneakers?

Yes, I must start this by acknowledging that LeBron James, Akron native, is a god among men. His name now brings the best baggage along with it, like how many times he’s been an All-Star, how many NBA first teams he’s made, and the MVPs. Those labels hook onto him and drag around like Jesus piece chains and Kanye minks.

The trouble with being a LeBron diehard (maybe apologist) is that throughout his astounding career, he reveals himself as endearingly vulnerable and, as what many perceive, a whiny tyrant. He’s been seen as patronizing, enabling his buddies to usurp the Cleveland regime, and deferential, asking Dwyane Wade to lend him championship training wheels.

When Bill Simmons sort of insinuated in his recent podcast (still up for streaming here) that LeBron and the NBA are mixed up in a potential performance-enhancing substance scandal, some of it rang true. In fact, I have believed this theory of cobbled-together circumstantial observations that points to some mysterious anomalies in his performance.

Simmons met fan backlash when he floated the idea that LeBron wasn’t the “same player” early in the 2015 season. He responded as such:

“Like it was our fault that LeBron was playing below the rim for the first two months and the Cavs were a complete mess. I’m sorry for pointing that out everybody!”

After NBA beat writer Zach Lowe struggled to politely categorize LeBron’s two-week refresher vacation to Miami in January, Simmons pushed his stance once again:

Bill Simmons: Uh…I have a couple titles for that but I’m not gonna say.

Zach Lowe: I’m not going anywhere near where you’re going.

Bill Simmons: I’m not going anywhere either!

He later elaborated, saying:

“LeBron James…looked like he was entering another phase of his career. He’s got a lot of miles on him. Looked different in how he was playing. Went away for two weeks, came back. He’s been lights out. [He] basically has been at 29 [points] a game, 6 [assists] and 6 [rebounds]. Fifty percent shooting. He looks like LeBron again.”

Looks like LeBron again? What did he look like before? He went on to press Lowe with a series of hypotheticals (an old trick), wanting him to confirm some of the drop-off in the King’s level of play.

The alleged/obscured/implicated PED use in the Association is no hidden mystery, but only in the last two years has that gray cloud and its billowing smoke centered on the one-time Heatle. Bill Simmons, among others, has left breadcrumbs to the conspiracy musings since 2013, the tail end of a scorching run by Miami that culminated in two rings. This allusion to LeBron’s two-week recovery vacation in Florida is only one fact in a series of questionable events.

Hypothetically speaking, here are some corresponding dates and events to consider from that shady world of sports speculation:

PAGE 2

July 2009 – On LeBron James’ playoff run with the first Cavaliers squad he steered, Dwight Howard canceled out the King’s greatest power by stuffing him at the hoop and making it weird to take shots around him. By the final game of that series, the Boy King was suffering back spasms, likely holding the weight of the Youngest Ever To Do Everything somewhere in his lower spine. Plus, because he couldn’t shoot, he would just dunk all the time, which worked until he faced taller people.

September 2009 – Rashard Lewis, of the Orlando Magic, went from the highest paid contract in the NBA to ran within the course of 18 months, give or take. Lewis was also suspended by the league for a higher than normal testosterone level, the canary in the mine shaft for artificial performance enhancement.

November 2010 – Once LeBron returned to glory, as the undisputed captain of the Heat, the one thing that remained true is that he never got hurt. But how could that be? The person who had played the most minutes in the NBA over four years, won a gold medal and (previously) fell to spasms just never got injured. Seriously, never. Between 2010 and 2013, LeBron missed a grand total of 13 games.

February 2013 – As the Heat ascended, they became a free agent destiny for potentially washed pet projects like Greg Oden and, would you believe, Rashard Lewis. Because his NBA struggles had lasted well over a year, Lewis’ place on an elite team was also intriguing. Lewis’ Magic teammate Jameer Nelson had his name identified by “Jessica,” an ex-employee of the Biogenesis clinic, known for distributing performance enhancers to top athletes. Another alum of Orlando’s 2009 squad, one LeBron knew all too well from the dagger three he dropped on the Cavs, Hidayet Türkoğlu, wasbusted for using a substance banned by the league in February 2013.

March – June 2013 – A sports insider operating under the alias “Incarcerated Bob” interviewed Jessica, the receptionist from Biogenesis. Jessica claimed that LeBron James’s agent, Rich Paul, regularly paid the clinic for goods, and that they were for someone with initials “LJ.” She also mentioned the initials “JN” (allegedly Jameer Nelson) from records and claimed that Nelson came to buy substances in person. A few months later, Bill Simmons suggested that some big stars would take a fall if the true extent of PED use were discovered, and that it seems both probable and likely that all major athletes in American sports have had access to drugs that the layman can’t fathom.

To sum it up, Türkoğlu, Lewis and Nelson all had some connection to a Florida steroid ring that may be funneled through Biogenesis, where Alex Rodriguez of the New York Yankees got his PEDs. Lewis was the only one still making a small impact in the NBA, and he was on the Heat bench doing the little things to keep him on the team.

But what does LeBron have to do with it? Well, as the top “brand” identity of the NBA, LeBron has always had more to lose from failure than to gain from success.

bron-line.png?w=650&h=387

ESPN

Naturally, all humans slow with age. But LeBron’s deceleration, a subject of much debate, many suggest came with some telltale signs of hormonal change that, frankly, happened in rapid succession. Shifting hairlines and increased head size are indicators of hormone boostingamong players who we’ve discovered are users.

In June 2009, LeBron had surgery to remove a growth from his jaw. Around 2011, the internet exploded with LeBron hairline memes, as it seemed he had undergone drastic effects male pattern baldness in the span of a few years. While there’s nothing certain, many feel the trail is certainly there to follow.

Bill Simmons does not want to be the whistleblower on PED use in the NBA, so he murmurs his hints, couples his facts with innuendo and generally jokes his way through the notion that the NBA is ignoring the possibility by refusing to test for HGH in any consistent way. Because Simmons, the NBA and ESPN have a cordial relationship (that sometimes tests his reputation as a “regular sports fan”), he is loath to insinuate that its stars are doing anything illicit.

Instead, the Sports Guy maybe drops these clues, hoping that the more discerning fans will keep a watchful eye on it themselves.