• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

There's answer for the Hawks.

Diesel

• Premium Member

We can sign Both DMC and Millsap.  Here's how.

Offer DMC a fair 2 year deal with an PO after the first year.

Offer Sap a 4 year deal. Fair.

Here's my thinking...  Sap wont get a long term contract from any team.

We give DMC the ability to opt out when the TV contract hits.

IF done right, we should have enough capspace to go after a midtier player... Maybe a big.

• Premium Member

Why won't Sap get a long term deal?

Teams that come after Sap will think 2 things:  System Guy and Age.

Most team will offer him a 2 year deal to see if he can perform.   I don't think many teams will roll out a longer deal because of his age and the fear that he may be a system guy.   I think that gives us room to resign him.  I like the numbers 4 years at 71.2 million.   That starts at 16.  That gives us a little room under the cap to go after somebody and then try to resign DMC.  

Under these terms we would have a strong 4 million to go after a free agent.

One other thing, there may be a chance for us to move Mike Scott or Thabo for a future pick. For instance, we can send Thabo to LAL for a future first and save 4 Million.  use that 4 million to go after another player.  With Scott it would be 3.33 Million.

I would love to see us bring in Tyson Chandler and sell him no the idea of lengthening his career by splitting time with Horford and Sap.

Teams that come after Sap will think 2 things: System Guy and Age.

Most team will offer him a 2 year deal to see if he can perform. I don't think many teams will roll out a longer deal because of his age and the fear that he may be a system guy. I think that gives us room to resign him. I like the numbers 4 years at 71.2 million. That starts at 16. That gives us a little room under the cap to go after somebody and then try to resign DMC.

Under these terms we would have a strong 4 million to go after a free agent.

One other thing, there may be a chance for us to move Mike Scott or Thabo for a future pick. For instance, we can send Thabo to LAL for a future first and save 4 Million. use that 4 million to go after another player. With Scott it would be 3.33 Million.

I would love to see us bring in Tyson Chandler and sell him no the idea of lengthening his career by splitting time with Horford and Sap.

I can almost guarantee you that Sap will have many suitors who offer him 4-5 year deals. He came out in 06...he can be a system guy but he can also perform out of a system. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

• Premium Member

I can almost guarantee you that Sap will have many suitors who offer him 4-5 year deals. He came out in 06...he can be a system guy but he can also perform out of a system. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Can anybody but us offer him 5 years??

Anyway.  I would hold fast to 4 years 71.2 Million

We can sign Both DMC and Millsap. Here's how.

Offer DMC a fair 2 year deal with an PO after the first year.

Offer Sap a 4 year deal. Fair.

Here's my thinking... Sap wont get a long term contract from any team.

We give DMC the ability to opt out when the TV contract hits.

IF done right, we should have enough capspace to go after a midtier player... Maybe a big.

Why do you want us to get rid of Thabo? When he was healthy, we were the best team in the league. You can't replace the defense he gave us of the bench.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Why do you want us to get rid of Thabo? When he was healthy, we were the best team in the league. You can't replace the defense he gave us of the bench.

Hownbadbwas the break?  Hes no spring chicken and his shooting is poor.   If his 4 mil helped us get Chandler, im all for it.

Wait did someone say they would be happy with Millsap at almost 18 million a season for a four year contract?

Hownbadbwas the break? Hes no spring chicken and his shooting is poor. If his 4 mil helped us get Chandler, im all for it.

Scott makes around 3.3 Million. I'd rather dump him and his lack of defense than Thabo. And a guy like Chandler would not help us alot, mainly because he would hurt our spacing.

Wait did someone say they would be happy with Millsap at almost 18 million a season for a four year contract?

I would. I'd be happier with 16.5m but if we have to go to 18 to keep him, I wont be mad one little bit.

It goes without saying we all know you'll disagree.