KAMINSKY CAN BE OUR TIM DUNCAN.

atlhawks1

I don't think Kaminsky will even fall to 15 at this point. Teams are falling in love with his offensive skills and potential

He's gone between 9-13 pick imo.

He's gone between 9-13 pick imo.

Exactly, and we got people here who think he is a stretch at 15. Kaminsky is THE perfect fit for the Hawks system. In the system they run, in their Hammer Sets, the 4 or 5 doesnt set the weakside screen, he pops OUT for the  3 pointer. In San Antonio's Hammer, the 4 or 5 sets the weakside pick and nothing else. Thats the brilliance of Coach Bud, he took the San Antonio sets and gave them even MORE variations.

The problem with the Hawks is the big that pops out, wasnt consistent enough ( Pero, later Scott, etc.) Kaminsky would THRIVE in this system. He doesnt HAVE to be a big bruisher. You slide Kaminsky into the 5 slot and move Horford over to the 4 where he isnt under soo much pressure to be a scorer and let him work on the boards.  Here is a example of that set in action:

Edited by atlhawks1

Exactly, and we got people here who think he is a stretch at 15. Kaminsky is THE perfect fit for the Hawks system. In the system they run, in their Hammer Sets, the 4 or 5 doesnt set the weakside screen, he pops OUT for the 3 pointer. In San Antonio's Hammer, the 4 or 5 sets the weakside pick and nothing else. Thats the brilliance of Coach Bud, he took the San Antonio sets and gave them even MORE variations.

The problem with the Hawks is the big that pops out, wasnt consistent enough ( Pero, later Scott, etc.) Kaminsky would THRIVE in this system. He doesnt HAVE to be a big bruisher. You slide Kaminsky into the 5 slot and move Horford over to the 4 where he isnt under soo much pressure to be a scorer and let him work on the boards. Here is a example of that set in action:

Frank at the 5 slot might get murdered on defense :-0

Frank at the 5 slot might get murdered on defense :-0

No different than Horford and Milsap getting their lunch handed to them. The angle im looking at is the fact that its obvious to me, that Bud isnt gonna get a conventional center. This means he wants to play small ball and out execute teams. If he is gonna do that, his SCORERS have to be better than they are. 

I agree with you, dont get me wrong, but i dont think Bud cares. He couldnt have, because anybody could see the Hawks weakness on the boards. So, again, if he is playing that way, draft Kaminsky, and if Kaminsky is as weak as people say, let him play the 4 and keep Horford at 5. Either way, i rather see Kaminsky popping out for those 3 point shots, instead of Pero. Its not like Pero played defense either.

No different than Horford and Milsap getting their lunch handed to them. The angle im looking at is the fact that its obvious to me, that Bud isnt gonna get a conventional center. This means he wants to play small ball and out execute teams. If he is gonna do that, his SCORERS have to be better than they are.

I agree with you, dont get me wrong, but i dont think Bud cares. He couldnt have, because anybody could see the Hawks weakness on the boards. So, again, if he is playing that way, draft Kaminsky, and if Kaminsky is as weak as people say, let him play the 4 and keep Horford at 5. Either way, i rather see Kaminsky popping out for those 3 point shots, instead of Pero. Its not like Pero played defense either.

I understand the versatility of our offense and having the bigs shoot 3's and outside jumpers, but at the same time, I'm weary of Frank having to go up against Marc Gasol or Deandre Jordan or someone like that with size. I'm not completely against drafting Frank, but I'm not sure if he might be the best solution for our team right now. Honestly, I'm not sure how much an ECF team can depend on a 15th pick anyways. We are a veteran team that relies heavily on veteran experience and leadership.

I understand the versatility of our offense and having the bigs shoot 3's and outside jumpers, but at the same time, I'm weary of Frank having to go up against Marc Gasol or Deandre Jordan or someone like that with size. I'm not completely against drafting Frank, but I'm not sure if he might be the best solution for our team right now. Honestly, I'm not sure how much an ECF team can depend on a 15th pick anyways. We are a veteran team that relies heavily on veteran experience and leadership.

Like i said, its not like Horford is holding down the paint. Mosgove and Thompson proved that. My whole thing is, if  you can have Pero Antić on your roster, why not draft somebody with potential. Next year is gonna be tougher for the Hawks. Whatever they do, a Horford/Millsap front line isnt gonna cut it in the playoffs.

They NOT getting Deandre Jordan. They NOT getting Gasol. They NOT gonna figure out a way to get Dwight Howard.................so.........At this point, a washed up Roy HIbbert is a good option........lmao

Edited by atlhawks1

It will be interesting to see how Kaminsky's career goes anyway. Ill hate to see the Hawks past him up and he DOES turn into a big time player.  I personally think he has enough post game to be what the Hawks need.

Kaminsky is not strong at all...he woud get push out of the post easily. The main knock on him is whether he will translate to the league. He may just be a another cody zeller..

Don't know about Kaminsky. He has the smarts and some players might not be blessed with great leaping ability,scoring but you can't measure heart. If Kaminsky has the heart (work ethic) then I would take a chance on him. You know if the Pacers like him then that usually bodes well for the player. Not saying Pacers are perfect but they seem to find gems wth questionable players. 

Measurables for defense.   The number one measurable for defense is standing reach.

Paul Millsap - 8' 9.5"

Al Horford - 8' 11"

Tyrus Thomas - 9' 0"

Frank Kaminsky - 9' 1.5"

Tyson Chandler - 9' 2"

I agree he'll get moved out of the post, but players in the post with length are a deterrent to penetration.

• Like 1

That's who they want to trade up for? Won't he be available at 15?

It's looking like his stock is rising.  Won't likely be there at 15 now.