• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

KAMINSKY CAN BE OUR TIM DUNCAN.

atlhawks1

Im not saying he is gonna be as good as Duncan, im saying he can do the things in the Hawks SYSTEM that Duncan did for the Spurs. This fit is soo perfect, that im more shocked at the debating going on about other players ( Dekker, RJ Hunter, etc.) Kaminsky can pick and pop, and do ALL the things that Duncan/Horford do in that system.

This move also allows Horford to move over to the 4. Kaminsky's rebounding and defensive skillset is good enough for what the Hawks need at the 5. Everybody knows that moving Horford over to the 4 and getting a true big will improve the Hawks rebounding/post defense. Me personally, i wanna see the Hawks resign BOTH Millsap and Carroll as our free agent signings, and draft Kaminsky. Slide Korver over to 6th man.

ROOKIE SEASON:

C Muscala

pf Horford

sf Millsap

sg Carroll

pg teague

AFTER DEVELOPMENT:

C. Kaminsky

pf Horford

sf Millsap

sg Carroll

pg Teague

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxbDCalc8_U

Edited by atlhawks1

Can he do the things defensively that Tim Duncan can do in this SYSTEM. Defense u

is also part of the SYSTEM.

The draft is before free agency. With DMC a FA and concerns about Thabo's health going forward we should be drafting a SF.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

This move also allows Horford to move over to the 4. Kaminsky's rebounding and defensive skillset is good enough for what the Hawks need at the 5. 

Nah.  He'll be a little weak, especially in the lower body, IMHO.  He'll be a middle class man's Jason Smith or Channing Frye.

• Moderators

I don't see much resemblance between the two.

Duncan is an elite rebounder and rim protector.  He plays fantastic defense.  He is extremely gifted in the post and has a very good mid-range jump shot.

Kaminsky brings exactly one of those things - he appears to be a great jump shooter. 

• Like 3

Can he do the things defensively that Tim Duncan can do in this SYSTEM. Defense u

is also part of the SYSTEM.

The draft is before free agency. With DMC a FA and concerns about Thabo's health going forward we should be drafting a SF.

I like Millsap as the starting 3. Thabo can still come off the bench. Resign Carroll.

Millsap is not a SF.

Yepp, his strengths fit taller and slower opponents on the 4. Put him on the 3 and they are gone. He would have to play completely different and post his opponents up on the 3.

Kaminsky could fit our team nicely but there's no way I could see him starting the 5 for us any time soon. He's the type of player that would do better at the 4. His best case scenario is being a Dirk-Lite, his ability to score makes him valuable but defensively he won't be able to do too much.

I feel like he's better than Muscala because of his shooting and passing (which is a VERY underrated skill of his) being a bit better. In honesty I wouldn't be mad at him a our pick because at the VERY LEAST he's a better fit for us than Pero.

• Like 1

Kaminsky could fit our team nicely but there's no way I could see him starting the 5 for us any time soon. He's the type of player that would do better at the 4. His best case scenario is being a Dirk-Lite, his ability to score makes him valuable but defensively he won't be able to do too much.

I feel like he's better than Muscala because of his shooting and passing (which is a VERY underrated skill of his) being a bit better. In honesty I wouldn't be mad at him a our pick because at the VERY LEAST he's a better fit for us than Pero.

Excellent post. You are correct. If they can deal with Pero, why not get a  big that CAN score......

• Like 1

He's too soft. The Hawks need some strength and toughness. Kaminsky is neither of those. As tall as he is he's a weak rebounder. He does have quick feet and his post game is good enough to at least have to think about defending him. But to me he doesn't solve a need.

Main issue....he won’t be there at #15.

I agree a skilled big like Frank is not going to be there at 15. You can see him moving into the top 10 on all the mocks now. I don't believe there's one thing Kelly Olynk does better than him, and Kelly was one of the most impressive rookies last year. Frank probably won't be great, but I could see him being a very good offensive player that's slightly above average on D. I'd Take him over Pero right now.

Edited by ATLien_

Im not saying he is gonna be as good as Duncan, im saying he can do the things in the Hawks SYSTEM that Duncan did for the Spurs. This fit is soo perfect, that im more shocked at the debating going on about other players ( Dekker, RJ Hunter, etc.) Kaminsky can pick and pop, and do ALL the things that Duncan/Horford do in that system.

This move also allows Horford to move over to the 4. Kaminsky's rebounding and defensive skillset is good enough for what the Hawks need at the 5. Everybody knows that moving Horford over to the 4 and getting a true big will improve the Hawks rebounding/post defense. Me personally, i wanna see the Hawks resign BOTH Millsap and Carroll as our free agent signings, and draft Kaminsky. Slide Korver over to 6th man.

ROOKIE SEASON:

C Muscala

pf Horford

sf Millsap

sg Carroll

pg teague

AFTER DEVELOPMENT:

C. Kaminsky

pf Horford

sf Millsap

sg Carroll

pg Teague

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxbDCalc8_U

Kaminsky challenge is his lack of strength and quickness and that will get exposed in the NBA....he is more of a cody zeller type of a player. I agree we do need size, and Kaminsky can shoot the ball, but I would only draft him if he fell to us at 15. Otherwise, draft Decker or hope that Devin Booker falls to us. Hawks need a rim protector/rebounder, and a SG that can create their own shot off the dribble. 

Edited by wolvetigers