• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Scott or Moose?

Diesel

• Premium Member

Is this the time that we give up on Mike Scott's potential?

Yeah, I guess thread has very little to do with Moose except he's the guy we would have to count on if we traded Scott for picks?

However, Scott is on the like for 3.33 Million this year and possibly next.  In a bid to make space, do we trade Scott to clear up capspace?

Honestly, I see a lot of potential in Scott.  I actually think that in time, he may blow up.  However, if it can save DMC, I would trade Mike Scott.  Not to mention, if it could help us afford a Marc Gasol.

This is a down year for Scott.  His stats took a hit.  I don't know if it was from injury or not knowing how to capitalize from his playing time with the big boys.  At any rate, what should the Hawks do?

Your post assumes someone is interested in Mike Scott.  My guess is we hold onto him.  And you missed the first rule of trading:  don't sell low which is exactly what we'd be doing on Scott.  He's more valuable to us than he would be as a trade piece right now.  That could change if he plays well next season.  I'm betting he sticks around through next year though.  Then, we either trade him, let him walk, or exercise our team option.

Not sure what this has to do with Moose though.  We are gonna have Moose at an average of less than $1M for 2 more seasons!  #Bargain

• Like 2

Moose is a much better player all around then Scott. It really is not even close when you examine the two with an open mind. Moose rebounds , has post moves and he can stretch the floor. Moose has work to do on the defensive end of the floor but I think he will improve this over the summer while working on adding a little mass.

Now as for Scott. Look when the guy is on he can put points on the board and do it fast , but the problem is waited for that mike Scott who can put up 30 off the bench all of last year. He checked out after the Indiana series and has been MIA ever since. Add to that he is a chucking machine who plays no D and may rebound occasionally when he seems to want to , he just is not the player moose is. Sorry guys but I came to this conclusion as apparently Bud did as well

• Like 2

Moose is a much better player all around then Scott. It really is not even close when you examine the two with an open mind. Moose rebounds , has post moves and he can stretch the floor. Moose has work to do on the defensive end of the floor but I think he will improve this over the summer while working on adding a little mass.

Now as for Scott. Look when the guy is on he can put points on the board and do it fast , but the problem is waited for that mike Scott who can put up 30 off the bench all of last year. He checked out after the Indiana series and has been MIA ever since. Add to that he is a chucking machine who plays no D and may rebound occasionally when he seems to want to , he just is not the player moose is. Sorry guys but I came to this conclusion as apparently Bud did as well

Scott was our best scorer off the bench till his hurt his back. I think underrating him from a poor off-season is overreacting. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Your post assumes someone is interested in Mike Scott.  My guess is we hold onto him.  And you missed the first rule of trading:  don't sell low which is exactly what we'd be doing on Scott.  He's more valuable to us than he would be as a trade piece right now.  That could change if he plays well next season.  I'm betting he sticks around through next year though.  Then, we either trade him, let him walk, or exercise our team option.

Not sure what this has to do with Moose though.  We are gonna have Moose at an average of less than $1M for 2 more seasons!  #Bargain

I was thinking about the roster space with Moose

But back to Scott, I think that he opened a lot of eyes in the Indiana series 2 years ago.  While he's having an off year of production, partly do to less playing time, I think that there may be some interest out there.  He's a combo forward that can shoot from outside.  That's important these days.  My thing is if we can move him to keep DMC, I would.

Scott was our best scorer off the bench till his hurt his back. I think underrating him from a poor off-season is overreacting.

First of all Moose will be more productive and efficient. Your point is not saying much in the grand scheme of things. He scores more then Pero , baze , and who else?

First of all Moose will be more productive and efficient. Your point is not saying much in the grand scheme of things. He scores more then Pero , baze , and who else?

Everyone on our bench. He's a much better scorer than Mike M. 

Edited by nbasupes40retired

Everyone on our bench. He's a much better scorer than Mike M.

Moose had limited action till the playoffs.. You know your statement is complete BS. Hey if you wanna go ahead and toote Mikes horn , go for it bro.

• Like 1

Lose one or both. Neither helps the team at all. Muscula sucks and is still cheap and Scott sucks and isn't as cheap. All things being equal I would choose Muscala over Scott though.

I like Scott, but if he doesn't improve on the defensive side and doesn't want to bang in the paint and get boards then we should try and move him for a future 1st or early 2nd and save a little cap room. I know there is a fine line between spacing the floor and getting a big that won't be able to stretch the floor, but we could really use a little size. The way we play defense doesn't allow for a lot of offensive rebounds because we get back pretty quickly, but we should rebound better on the defensive end. I think we were last in offensive rebounding percentage and 20 to 25 or so in defensive rebounding percentage. If we could crack the top 12 to 15 in defensive rebounding percentage that would be great. I think muscala could be a really productive guy off the bench if he improves on the defensive end and continues to get better at setting screens and passing.

• Moderators

I've been luke warm on Mike Scott at best since he became a Hawk. He is a great teammate, brings energy and swagger, and is another player that stretches the floor, but he doesn't do much else outside of jack up threes. He is a better FT shooter than Moose, but when size is considered and physicality under the hoop... No comparison. Scott started off his career making an effort to under the hoop, but like K-Love, he has ventured further and further away from the hoop since then. Scott is a 3-4 tweener. Most 3-4 tweeners make their living hustling their asses off and doing the little things that change a game... i.e. Jae Crowder, Kenneth Faried, Jason Maxiel, Anthony Tolliver, and Carl Landry. Mike Scott just shoots threes.

I've been luke warm on Mike Scott at best since he became a Hawk. He is a great teammate, brings energy and swagger, and is another player that stretches the floor, but he doesn't do much else outside of jack up threes. He is a better FT shooter than Moose, but when size is considered and physicality under the hoop... No comparison. Scott started off his career making an effort to under the hoop, but like K-Love, he has ventured further and further away from the hoop since then. Scott is a 3-4 tweener. Most 3-4 tweeners make their living hustling their asses off and doing the little things that change a game... i.e. Jae Crowder, Kenneth Faried, Jason Maxiel, Anthony Tolliver, and Carl Landry. Mike Scott just shoots threes.

Mike does a lot more than that. He's not Antić. Like I said, the playoffs put a bad taste in many fans mouths about him but he's one of our more useful players in the regular season off the bench. 

Mike does a lot more than that. He's not Antić. Like I said, the playoffs put a bad taste in many fans mouths about him but he's one of our more useful players in the regular season off the bench.

Lmao.. Yes you are right for once Supes!

He is not Antić in any way. Sure Pero shoots nothing but threes , but he also is useful in the pick and roll and playing some D.. Pero is far more valuable then Scott

• Like 2