• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Agree or Disagree?

JTB

If sap gets the contract he wants.......

we just need him to continue to put up the same stats if not better and be sure to show up in the playoffs consistently and us fans will be satisfied? Agree or disagree

As far as regular season we only need saps rebounding to make a drastic improvement? Agree or disagree

If DMC gets the contract he wants.......

If the amount is 10mil per or more DMC will need to make a drastic improvement offensively and on the rebounds? Avg 15pts/7 or 8 Rebs.

And Continue to show up in the playoffs?

If you were gm getting ready to pay these guys (what they WANT) would you agree to these demands? If not what would be your demands individually for sap and dmc for the length of their contracts?

Edited by JTB

Sorry man.. I am old school and from the flavor of show me you can do it first.

Sap is a well rounded player and a true all star , but he is not a max player to me. 14 to 15 is more in the ball park and 15 is really damn stretching it.

Everyone knows I am a DMC fan and love the guy with his work ethic and heart. All that being said , with a perspective of someone outside of the Hawks fan base , I am just gonna put it out there. DMC should get a very Teague like contract and nothing more. 7 to 8 million a year at most. He had a hell of a first to rounds in the playoffs but teams where turning their attentions to Teague , Sap and Korver.

Let's try not make this more then what it is because DMC has endeared himself to fans though cause that would be bad business for the club. I also would overpay Sap long before over paying DMC.

Edit to add.. DMC is not and never will be a second or third option on any contending team. He is an excellent roleplayed and maximizes his skillset. With that being said , I would love DMC back

Edited by IheartFerry

• Premium Member

If sap gets the contract he wants.......

we just need him to continue to put up the same stats if not better and be sure to show up in the playoffs consistently and us fans will be satisfied? Agree or disagree

As far as regular season we only need saps rebounding to make a drastic improvement? Agree or disagree

If DMC gets the contract he wants.......

If the amount is 10mil per or more DMC will need to make a drastic improvement offensively and on the rebounds? Avg 15pts/7 or 8 Rebs.

And Continue to show up in the playoffs?

If you were gm getting ready to pay these guys (what they WANT) would you agree to these demands? If not what would be your demands individually for sap and dmc for the length of their contracts?

We can't disrespect what Sap has done.  He's a two time allstar and the top scorer in our offense.  I believe his injury was the reason why he didn't show up consistently and consistent to how he had played all year during the playoffs.

DMC.  Does just what we want him to do.  He's a 3 and D guy and he's really good at the D part. He carried our troops as far as he could during the playoffs and did an excellent job.  However, we're not going to go all Chris Crawford with him.

I think my numbers for these guys are something like:

Sap 4 year 71.2 Million.  (Early Bird)  16

DMC 4 year 51.2 Million (non bird)  12

of course that means going over the cap to sign Sap and having his signing to be last.

We can't disrespect what Sap has done. He's a two time allstar and the top scorer in our offense. I believe his injury was the reason why he didn't show up consistently and consistent to how he had played all year during the playoffs.

DMC. Does just what we want him to do. He's a 3 and D guy and he's really good at the D part. He carried our troops as far as he could during the playoffs and did an excellent job. However, we're not going to go all Chris Crawford with him.

I think my numbers for these guys are something like:

Sap 4 year 71.2 Million. (Early Bird) 16

DMC 4 year 51.2 Million (non bird) 12

of course that means going over the cap to sign Sap and having his signing to be last.

No damn way DMC is a twelve million a year guy.. Fckn Horford makes 12 million. I realize All is underplayed but damn that would be a mistake and money not well spent

• Like 1

• Premium Member

No damn way DMC is a twelve million a year guy.. Fckn Horford makes 12 million. I realize All is underplayed but damn that would be a mistake and money not well spent

With the expansion of the cap next year... and with what he brings, I think 12 Million is not an overpayment.  We've gotten use to keeping players on the cheap.  Well, DMC is a very important cog to our machine.  Without him, we lose in the first round to NJ this past year.  There will be a bidding war for DMC.  My thing is us resigning DMC will actually signify that we have changed the culture around here.  We are not the walmart of basketball teams but we're more like Spurs east.  The Spurs remain relevant by keeping together the important parts of it's core group. 

With the expansion of the cap next year... and with what he brings, I think 12 Million is not an overpayment. We've gotten use to keeping players on the cheap. Well, DMC is a very important cog to our machine. Without him, we lose in the first round to NJ this past year. There will be a bidding war for DMC. My thing is us resigning DMC will actually signify that we have changed the culture around here. We are not the walmart of basketball teams but we're more like Spurs east. The Spurs remain relevant by keeping together the important parts of it's core group.

And they keep their core together under reasonable contracts. Paying DMC that kinda money is wasteful and foolish

• Premium Member

And they keep their core together under reasonable contracts. Paying DMC that kinda money is wasteful and foolish

Tony Parker = 4 years 50 million at age 30.  DMC is one of the best at what he does.  Behind Leonard no doubt.  However, I don't think it's foolish to try to keep the core together.   Moreover, our history with FAs is one of cheapness.  We don't want to go into the future  as being known as a team who pick capspace over championships.