• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks draft Marcus Eriksson

NBASupes

Most 2nd rounders just get waived and you lose the rights. How many 2nd rounders make teams in their first years so the teams even hold their rights?

Does it matter though? If the end game is getting a productive guy on your roster, history shows college guys have a much better chance. 

Theres always a handful of second rounders that turn into something. Id say 1 or 2 of those a year are foreigners. 

BTW a month after he got injured he re-signed with Barcelona until 2018.

With the departure of Mario Hezonja and the decline of Navarro he may be an important player if not this season (he torn his ACL and that's not an easy injury) the next one.

I'm also a Barcelona fan and I always like a lot our young players, we know who to sign. I can't talk about Eriksson since I haven't seen him at all. We have a very good young core(Satoransky, Abrines, Todorovic... they are great), even if Hezonja is leaving. Our coaching has some questions but there will be elections the next month to determine the new Barcelona's president so there may be a few changes.

• Like 1

• Moderators

The draft was about cap space and trade assets... I loved what happened. Most of the guys in the draft these days are three year projects. We saved cap room, brought in a tradeable asset or one that could contribute day one, and to me, this speaks volumes that we are targeting LMA or Gasol.

Im still trying to figure out how its even possible to be 6' 7 and only weigh 178 lbs.  

I am just curious what is real height is.  I have seen him listed anywhere from 6'3" to 6'7".  I can see an inch difference but 4 inches seems to be a little bit of  a stretch.  

I am just curious what is real height is.  I have seen him listed anywhere from 6'3" to 6'7".  I can see an inch difference but 4 inches seems to be a little bit of  a stretch.  

He's listed as 2.00m in acb.com and 2.01m in the official page of FCBarcelona.

So... he's 6-7.

• 1 month later...

The Hawks' FB page did a good job of reminding me that the Hawks actually did participate in the draft this year. Lol 

However, I don't know about trying to hype us up for a player that will likely never see an NBA game in a Hawks Uni. 

Ah well, keep shooting em Marcus!