• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bernucca: 2015 NBA Draft Trade Grades

RandomFan

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2015/06/26/bernucca-2015-nba-draft-trade-grades/

Atlanta trades the 15th pick (Kelly Oubre) to Washington for the 19th pick (Jerian Grant) and 2016 and 2019 second-round picks

Primary-e1434637975206.jpg?resize=60%2C5wizards60-e1429142071957.jpg?resize=60%2Yes, the Hawks won 60 games this season despite being under the salary cap. And yes, they have less than $40 million committed to next season’s roster. But the picture isn’t as pretty as it seems, because Atlanta doesn’t have Bird rights on DeMarre Carroll and has to fit his likely eight-figure deal under the cap first before addressing fellow free agent Paul Millsap and his anticipated max deal. Teams that win 50-plus games are usually better off with second-round picks rather than late first-round picks. The Wizards moved up to take Kansas wing Kelly Oubre. Even if Paul Pierce leaves, doesn’t Washington already have about nine small forwards? WINNER: Hawks

Atlanta trades the 19th pick (jerian Grant) to New York for Tim Hardaway Jr.

Primary-e1434637975206.jpg?resize=60%2C5knicks60.jpg?resize=60%2C60Four players from the 2013 draft have averaged double figures in each of their first two seasons – lottery picks Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke and Michael Carter-Williams and Hardaway, the 24th selection. He will be expected to do more than chase stats in Atlanta, but he is a career 35 percent from the arc and should get better alongside better players in a better system. (Yes, Phil, a better system.) He also provides a bit of insurance if the Hawks cannot re-sign Carroll. Without another draft pick until 2017, the Knicks used the pick to select point guard Jerian Grant, a needed piece with a strong pedigree who will be in the rotation next season. A good deal for both teams. WINNER: Hawks

• Like 2

treyburke1152.jpg?w=694

Wow what a great scorer.

While we all recognize you're doing your best impersonation of a smart ass, perhaps you could take a moment to notice the article simply stated the fact that he is one of "Four players from the 2013 draft have averaged double figures in each of their first two seasons."

Could you point to me the part of that comment that states he is a "great scorer?" Oh, you can't? That was just your own flawed subjective projection onto an innocuous comment? OK then.

While we all recognize you're doing your best impersonation of a smart ass, perhaps you could take a moment to notice the article simply stated the fact that he is one of "Four players from the 2013 draft have averaged double figures in each of their first two seasons."

Could you point to me the part of that comment that states he is a "great scorer?" Oh, you can't? That was just your own flawed subjective projection onto an innocuous comment? OK then.

Scoring double digits means nothing if you're chucking and please don't insult me with your pretentious comments.

Nice take. Is Oubre really expected to be a 3 at 6'5"? Good luck with that. That Trey Burke stat was surprising. Love the dig at Phil, too. He's lost his mind.

Oubre is a hair under 6'7. Plenty tall enough

Edited by Cwell

• Moderators

I liked the description of the 15 pick as a "late" first round pick. I guess the author thinks all picks outside the lottery are late firsts or perhaps thinks we didn't swap picks with the Nets.