• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monta Ellis?

Afro

• Premium Member

Here it is.

Edited by Jody23

Here it is.

Yeah but the thing is....though I have defended Monte Ellis in these threads and said I wouldn't mind him coming, I don't understand getting Ellis unless he's going to be sixth man off the bench.

But we need a big man, center in specific unless Edy is coming over

Yeah but the thing is....though I have defended Monte Ellis in these threads and said I wouldn't mind him coming, I don't understand getting Ellis unless he's going to be sixth man off the bench.

But we need a big man, center in specific unless Edy is coming over

Even if Edy is coming over, we still need a vet big off the bench.

Oh...and hells NO to Monta :-).

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Could this be a move to have Hardaway at small forward to replace DMC and Monta at shooting guard as the insurance for Korver?? If this is true, Coach Bud is a slick one....................lol

Its not out of the question. Korver is REALLY a small forward playing the two guard. Andre Iggy is the same height as Hardaway. Cory Maggette, etc. They all play small forward.

Edited by atlhawks1

Could this be a move to have Hardaway at small forward to replace DMC and Monta at shooting guard as the insurance for Korver?? If this is true, Coach Bud is a slick one....................lol

Its not out of the question. Korver is REALLY a small forward playing the two guard. Andre Iggy is the same height as Hardaway. Cory Maggette, etc. They all play small forward.

Small at SG, Small at SF - NOPE! No defense.

I would be pissed

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Small at SG, Small at SF - NOPE! No defense.

I would be pissed

But i rather be small back there, than small up front like the Hawks have been doing. Golden State got away with it. Now, gonna be honest, the ONLY way i would want them to do this is if they can pull off a salary cap move and get Aldridge also. You are right, dont get me wrong, but its like anything in sports, you have to committ one way or the other.

c Horford

pf Aldridge

sf Hardaway

sg Ellis/Korver 6th man

pg Teague

Edited by atlhawks1

But i rather be small back there, than small up front like the Hawks have been doing. Golden State got away with it. Now, gonna be honest, the ONLY way i would want them to do this is if they can pull off a salary cap move and get Aldridge also. You are right, dont get me wrong, but its like anything in sports, you have to committ one way or the other.

c Horford

pf Aldridge

sf Hardaway

sg Ellis/Korver 6th man

pg Teague

Aldridge is not a stellar defender/rim protector. So now we have no perimeter defense and no interior defense. Great.

To be fair, if Hardaway plays SG we won't have defense either lol

You can't have no defense at SG AND SF

Aldridge is not a stellar defender/rim protector. So now we have no perimeter defense and no interior defense. Great.

You can't have no defense at SG AND SF

I guess we could start Thabo for defense...

I don't believe in this Monta stuff.
but if it's true... seems that if we lose DMC, Coach Bud prefers to lets Thabo, Bazemore and Thj play sf, and bring in another shooting guard.

Edited by pimp

• Premium Member

I don't believe in this Monta stuff.

but if it's true... seems that if we lose DMC, Coach Bud prefers to lets Thabo, Bazemore and Thj play sf, and bring in another shooting guard.

We might have to rename the team to reflect our approach to team building it this happens

• Premium Member

If it gets announced that we've agreed to terms with Monta, I'd look for news within a few hours after that the entire backcourt is undergoing elbow surgery.

Oh, also... in that case... all that stuff I've said about trusting Bud?... I've been played... I honestly didn't say any of it... someone must've hacked into my account. *wink*

• Like 1

• Premium Member

More soberly... it made no sense last time this came up... it makes even less sense now... something's really wrong with this picture, and you just hope that it's bad information like last time.