• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2015 Dynasty Draft Official Thread

AHF

I need another wing so I'll take Kent Bazemore who I think will continue to grow and improve

Teague/Dennis

Middleton/Bazemore

Durant/Porter

Ibaka/Mirotic

Splitter/?

Coach: BUD

I've got an experienced starting lineup that contends now and good prospects on the bench to help some now and be larger pieces in the future

@lethalweapon3

Edited by Nicholasp27
  • Like 4

I need another wing so I'll take Kent Bazemore who I think will continue to grow and improve

Teague/Dennis

Middleton/Bazemore

Durant/Porter

Ibaka/Mirotic

Splitter/?

I've got an experienced starting lineup that contends now and good prospects on the bench to help some now and be larger pieces in the future

@lethalweapon3

imagescade13n4.jpgimage.png

• Like 3

Teague/Dennis

Middleton/Bazemore

Durant/Porter

Ibaka/Mirotic

Splitter/?

@lethalweapon3

You got 5 Hawks on your squad! If my team doesn't win it all, I think I know who I'm rooting for.

• Moderators

With the 138th pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

aminu-JP.jpg

Steve Urkel! Man, you sure have filled out! No, wait… actually, it’s ATL’s Own, Al-Farouq Aminu (Small Forward/Power Forward, Age 25 as of 10/1/2015, 6’9”, 215 lbs.) hiding behind those Geek glasses!

It’s always good to find a young defensive-oriented player, and Al-Farouq Aminu is no exception. The pride of Norcross High is one of just six players from last season, and three non-centers, to contribute more than two steals and two blocks per-36. With his impressive wingspan, he’s just the type of talent to come off the Voltage bench and give mentor Trevor Ariza a spell without a dropoff in intensity. He’ll also provide balance at the wing with his former Pelican teammate, Eric Gordon.

Despite a woeful perimeter shooting percentage throughout his career, his most recent coach encouraged him to continue shooting the rock when left open, and it paid off during an abbreviated breakout postseason campaign. Aminu buried seven of his 11 three-pointers in the first five playoff games of his young career, the second-best playoff three-point shooting percentage last season. Aminu offered a glimpse of what could be a prosperous future as he continues to improve on that side of the floor.

His overall playoff box plus-minus wound up third, just behind new teammate Stephen Curry, and his defensive box plus-minus was also third in the league, a shade behind his Voltage bench mate Andrew Bogut. That’s thanks in part to a steal percentage that was second overall and chasedown blocks that are highlight-reel quality.

As he continues to develop his raw offense, Aminu’s not the guy you plug in for an offensive spark whenever Ariza gets streaky, and he could stand to become a better help rebounder. But he is an asset in transition, both in terms of scoring on the fastbreak and impeding opponents trying to make hay off of Curry and Emmanuel Mudiay’s turnovers. Young, athletic, and willing to put in the work to improve, Aminu brings just the right jolt to the Voltage bench.

The estimable @AHF is on the proverbial clock!

EDIT: A couple ICYMI profiles for the Voltage picks of the past week:

320x.jpg

It’s always a g’day for the mates of Andrew Bogut (Center, Age 30 as of 10/1/2015, 7'0", 260 lbs.), when he’s upright and healthy. After struggling through much of his ten-year career with injuries, the 30-year-old former #1-overall pick had his minutes moderated in the past two seasons, and the Aussie has responded with the most efficient defensive and rebounding production of his career.

It will suit Bogut well to play out the rest of his tenure behind the emerging Rudy Gobert. Both pivots finished in the league’s Top-10 for both block percentage and defensive rebounding percentage, and Top-5 (2nd overall, in Bogut’s case) for defensive rating.

Bogut topped all players in defensive box plus-minus for the second straight season in 2015, a feat all the more impressive having occurred under different coaching regimes in those past two seasons. Second place behind Bogut in defensive box plus-minus? Gobert. Overall, Bogut joins his championship teammate Steph Curry, Gobert, and Danny Green among the league’s top 20 in box plus-minus.

To bring home the hardware to Lethalopolis, Bogut will simply need to remain healthy and well-rested as his career plateaus. It helps that his title run of 2015 was just the third postseason trip in his career. The lack of extensive postseason and recent international off-season play allows him to run on fresher wheels, when compared to most formerly-starting centers once they’ve reached the ripe age of 31.

No longer a primary offensive option, Bogut doesn’t draw many trips to the line, but he’ll want to get his accuracy up above 56.1 FT%, a value he’s fallen under in each of the past three seasons. Another big who shoots free throws well could be a better complement at crunch-time for fellow #1-overall pick Karl-Anthony Towns. But to slow opponents down in the middle quarters, there is hardly anyone better suited to come off the bench for Gobert than the seasoned Bogut.

lmao_eric_gordon_article.jpg

All of this defensive wizardry aside, sometimes, you simply need somebody who can get you buckets. Eric Gordon (Shooting Guard, Age 26 as of 10/1/2015, 6’4”, 215 lbs.) can do that off the bench for the Voltages, especially if he shoots with the career-best accuracy he brought to the table last season.

A former volume scorer in the early half of his career when he was compelled to become a star, Gordon has morphed into a more traditional perimeter threat, something many observers did not see coming.

Last season, he connected on a career-high 2.3 threes per game while shooting a magnificent 44.8% from that range, the second-best accuracy in the entire league and a shade better than his new teammate, Stephen Curry. He followed that up in his first-ever postseason appearance by connecting on 40.6% of his three-point shots. Going into a contract season, Gordon is out to prove 2015 was no fluke.

Counterbalancing his newfound long-range shot was a struggle to score inside the arc. Gordon’s 38.0 2FG% was, by far, a career-low. To get his scoring average back up, he’ll need to be a better finisher within 10 feet of the rim and draw trips to the free throw line off his drives, as his career 81% free throw shooting remains an asset.

No longer forced to be The Man on hapless teams, Gordon now faces the challenge of becoming a deferential role player without being one-dimensional.  He neared a career-high with 4.1 assists per game last season while committing a career-low 2.0 turnovers per contest. Defense remains a matter of will for Gordon, and he’ll get a quick hook from his new coach Popovich if he fails to put in the effort. Fortunately, Popovich has a track record of making players not known for their defensive aptitude look suddenly competent when given enough tutelage.

With Curry, Danny Green and now Gordon, three of the Top-10 three-point marksmen from last season are on the Voltage roster, and with Ariza, that makes four of last season’s Top-20 bucket-fillers from downtown. A 3-and-D party is in order!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Our Owner Talks Too Much.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Andrew Michael Bogut

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Got to make this one quick but we are looking a long-term value play with this pick.  Ashley knows a good investment for the future keeps you looking good for a long time:

3c7e2a2e33551ff5b0c49a1785b9fad2.jpg

With the 139th pick in the draft, the U-Niques select:

Dario Saric

We make this selection of the 2014 & 2015 Rising Star winner for Europe's best young player with the idea that wing depth in the NBA is at a premium a 6'10'' small forward who can drill the 3 is always a welcome addition to any team.  Our expectation is that this young stud will come over in 2016 given that his plan was to spend 2 years in the Euroleague from the beginning but whenever he gets here he can have a bigger impact than Nikola Mirotic and be a huge value at this point in the draft.  He can pass, rebound, and of course he can shoot the lights out...

ari__659625S1.jpg

In addition to these great basketball reasons, this will also give us the league's first Mario / Dario wing pairing.  Can't wait!  Welcome to the club, Mr. Saric!

PG:  Tony Parker / Ty Lawson

SG:  Bradley Beal / Mario Hezonja

SF:  Lebron James / Dario Saric

PF:  Kevin Love / Terrence Jones

C:  DeAndre Jordan / Jonas Valanciunas

@Blazemore is on the clock.

• Like 1

I'd hate for @Blazemore to miss out on both his picks, but @AHF is free to go since the 9:01 PM deadline passed! Out of deference to Blazemore, I won't make my pick (the one that follows AHF's) until after the 7 AM clock starts again.

~lw3

Kind of glad things stalled...long trip back home after 3 weeks on the road. Now (or tomorrow) it's time to get back to my nba2k and go head to head ...my 10 vs lw3's (9) Can I put Pop on the sidelines for you? ;-)

• Moderators

Kind of glad things stalled...long trip back home after 3 weeks on the road. Now (or tomorrow) it's time to get back to my nba2k and go head to head ...my 10 vs lw3's (9) Can I put Pop on the sidelines for you? ;-)

Be my guest! :-) I'll probably have one more to tack on later today!

~lw3

Sorry for super late post. Had to make an unexpected flight to Seattle for work. Anyway, with the next two picks The Paulding County Blazes select :

Steve Kerr (coach)

And Taj Gibson.

Will do a writeup after I land and get some sleep.

Dang it. I had Taj on my list. Good picks!

• Moderators

Got to go with the last consensus top 5 pick in the 2015 draft who is still on the board despite showing off his sweet jumper and throwing an Okafor block party:

KRISTAPS PORZINGIS

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0">

Who knows, maybe his rookie year he'll use his height to help Ashley cheer on the team.  

ashleyUKgame2004.jpg

But he just might be ready contribute a bit sooner than some people were figuring from the young man.  We slot him in as a stretch 4 who has the potential to do more than just shoot jumpers and can be an impact shotblocker on top of that.

Either way, this is the type of high upside pick that can turn a team from a contender into a champion or keep a champion on top even as their current stars start to slow down.

Welcome to the team, Mr. Porzingis!

@lethalweapon3 is on the clock

PG:  Tony Parker / Ty Lawson

SG:  Bradley Beal / Mario Hezonja

SF:  Lebron James / Dario Saric

PF:  Kevin Love / Terrence Jones / Kristaps Prozingis

C:  DeAndre Jordan / Jonas Valanciunas

• Like 1

• Moderators

With the 143rd pick in the 2015 SDL Draft, the Lethal Voltage selects…

hqdefault.jpg

Excuse me, Patrick Patterson (Power Forward, Age 26, 6’9”, 235 lbs.), but do you have the new J Wall 2 shoes stocked in a Size 13? Oh, I’m sorry… too soon?

A frontcourt big who spreads the floor with his jumper certainly will help the Voltage guards, and Patrick Patterson certainly fills the bill. A career 37.1% three-point shooter, he peaked out in the first two months of last season at a scintillating 46 percent before shooting just 31 percent the rest of the way, and he nailed 41 percent during the prior season.

But the versatility doesn't end with the shooting. Patterson led all of the league's non-guards with a 2.7 assist-turnover ratio last season. His deft ballhandling made him the third Voltage player to rank among the league's Top-11 in offensive rating, tied for 7th overall with Rudy Gobert. That takes a lot of pressure off of Stephen Curry and Emmanuel Mudiay to be the playmakers every time down the floor.

The Lexington product is still young but experienced enough to serve as an ideal mentor for fellow Wildcat Karl-Anthony Towns. Patterson provides just the right spark to the offense whenever KAT gets into foul trouble. While he's prone to getting pushed around in the paint on defensively-deficient squads, Patterson will have ample rebounding and defensive help at the small forward and center spots, allowing him to focus on playing to his strengths. Whenever the Voltage offense gets sloppy, Gregg Popovich can turn to Patterson, either along the arc or in the post, to settle things down.

The Dynasty Draft GM who stays True To Atlanta, @Nicholasp27, is up next!

THE LETHAL VOLTAGE: Tebow on Our Court, at Your Own Peril.

PG: Wardell Stephen Curry II, Monsieur Emmanuel Mudiay

SG: Daniel Richard Green, Jr., Eric Gordon, Jr.

SF: Señor Trevor Anthony Ariza, Al-Farouq Ajiede Aminu

PF: Señor Karl-Anthony Towns, Jr., Patrick Davell Patterson

C:  Monsieur Rudy Gobert, Andrew Michael Bogut

HCIC: Gregg Popovich

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1