• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Things that make you say Hmm in Atlanta.

Diesel

Why does everyone keep talking about Splitter being this scrub backup? Didn't he start on a championship team to last 3 years? For our team to not be on the same level as the spurs we sure are trying to diss what it is that they do. I think pop knows what he's doing so I wouldn't call splitter just an ordinary backup. He will be a backup for us but that is a major boost in my opinion.

Yup...specially in the east...beast

Is there a sense where helping San Antonio helps us? If we are Spurs east than the Spurs doing well makes us more attractive to other players.

Honestly I think the Splitter deal was a win-win for both teams. Did SA trade with us as a favor? Maybe there were 3-4 teams that wanted him for nothing, but the Spurs helped us with some front court depth plus gave Splitter a desirable team situation.

If I could like this 5 times over, I would.

#TRUTH!!

Tyson Chandler was washed up 3 years ago on the Knicks.

My concern is that the Spurs did us a favor and I hope they don't expect something in return later on.

We gifted them Tony Parker a decade ago. I'd say they still owe us for quite some time! 

• Like 2

We gifted them Tony Parker a decade ago. I'd say they still owe us for quite some time!

Oh God don't remind me...I didn't know anything about Parker but was pissed we traded Tinsley...I loved that scrub..lol

I was just looking over some of the things.  I shoved them into the Dieselputer and here's what I got.

Agree, except for #1. Splitter was a must have for us since we lost both Brand and Pero. And he's a huge upgrade over either; one of the best defensive big's in the NBA - when healthy. The ''when healthy' problem is the only real issue with him that I see.

One thing I haven't seen talked about yet, is that Splitter should prove to be a good mentor for Muscala. Once Muscala continues to get stronger and bigger, they will both be fairly similar body types. Muscala shoud hopefully improve his weakest area (defense) by being able to watch and learn from Splitter. Perhaps even Edy will learn a few things too. 

We offered Sap the same 4/80 deal as Orlando

He chose to take 3/59 with PO so that he can get another deal starting at up to 35M in 2 summers when the cap is 108M

From what I remember hearing, we actually didn't offer the same 4 year contract Orlando did. The reason it took so long for Millsap to decide between our offers is that we only offered a 3 year deal. That 4th year that we didn't offer, was the holdup. Of course, who even knows if that rumor was true. I did see it on twitter from one of the respected sources; but they weren't there. Perhaps they got bad information or whatever.