• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Schedule Thread

lethalweapon3

Made SI's list of 50 games to watch for ...

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/12/nba-schedule-lebron-james-stephen-curry-anthony-davis-top-50-games

Hmm, so tune in to see that awful DET team?

SFW if he remembers accusations.

I wanna walk up to Delly and stick my middle finger in his face then proceed to stick my index finger in his eye...a bit childish but he needs a good "punking" as the kids say.

I would post it on here if I knew how to embed a picture but I just saw a graph that breaks down the schedules of each team.

The Hawks have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league according to this graph.  Cleveland has the easiest schedule of course.

I would post it on here if I knew how to embed a picture but I just saw a graph that breaks down the schedules of each team.

The Hawks have the 2nd easiest schedule in the league according to this graph. Cleveland has the easiest schedule of course.

Bet the house on over/under 46.5...OVER...ok not the house but a small farm

Only 2 of our first 17 games are against teams who finished with a top 7 seed last year.  Miami and New Orleans are the other two tough games in that first 17.

Other than the 4 game/5 night stretch, we have a VERY easy schedule to start the season.

I wanna walk up to Delly and stick my middle finger in his face then proceed to stick my index finger in his eye...a bit childish but he needs a good "punking" as the kids say.

Just wait a half-year when he'll be on a DLeague squad where he belongs.  Less security at games.

Only 2 of our first 17 games are against teams who finished with a top 7 seed last year.  Miami and New Orleans are the other two tough games in that first 17.

Other than the 4 game/5 night stretch, we have a VERY easy schedule to start the season.

Cue the eggsperts ... "Uhhhh, the Hawks record is inflated by the easy schedule, blah, blah, blah ...  Wait, they beat 6 playoff teams on the road ..... meh, point differential wasn't high enuff, blah, blah, blah ..."

Just wait a half-year when he'll be on a DLeague squad where he belongs.  Less security at games.

Cue the eggsperts ... "Uhhhh, the Hawks record is inflated by the easy schedule, blah, blah, blah ...  Wait, they beat 6 playoff teams on the road ..... meh, point differential wasn't high enuff, blah, blah, blah ..."

I don't care what they say as long as we secure home court through at least the second round.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That seems like a good bet.  That's pretty tempting.   To me the biggest factor in the Hawks total wins (or anyone in the east) is how many east teams will be trying for the playoffs this year?   Last year i feel like there were about 7 even though you could make the case there were 9.    There seems to be more east teams shooting for the playoffs this year but we'll see how that looks in January.   Still seems like a good bet we'll be around 50 wins 

That seems like a good bet.  That's pretty tempting.   To me the biggest factor in the Hawks total wins (or anyone in the east) is how many east teams will be trying for the playoffs this year?   Last year i feel like there were about 7 even though you could make the case there were 9.    There seems to be more east teams shooting for the playoffs this year but we'll see how that looks in January.   Still seems like a good bet we'll be around 50 wins 

I think 50 is our floor as long as we stay relatively healthy.

I put us closer to 55 or more.

• Like 1

this was my 1st thought too

I'm gonna say 56 or 57 wins for the Hawks. Honestly, I don't really care how many regular season games we win as long as we are:

1. Healthy going into the playoffs

2. Playing well going into the playoffs

3. Have home court as a #1-4 seed (if not #1, then 2 or 3. Avoiding 4th would be ideal.)

Edited by Spud2Nique

• Moderators

So C-viv has an article about the 8pm game time.  Nothing too earth-shattering but in typical C-viv fashion drops this weird statement at the end.   

A new court will be unveiled with red and blue no longer being a part of the team’s color scheme.

I'm guessing this is just poor writing (surprise).   I'm pretty sure that red is still part of our color scheme.   In fact our primary color.   I guess maybe he's trying to say we will have a red court since blue is no longer....?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/atlanta-hawks-8-pm-starts-a-ticket-scan-shows-a-lo/nnJjF/

So C-viv has an article about the 8pm game time.  Nothing too earth-shattering but in typical C-viv fashion drops this weird statement at the end.   

I'm guessing this is just poor writing (surprise).   I'm pretty sure that red is still part of our color scheme.   In fact our primary color.   I guess maybe he's trying to say we will have a red court since blue is no longer....?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/basketball/atlanta-hawks-8-pm-starts-a-ticket-scan-shows-a-lo/nnJjF/

It's not 'red'.  It's torch.

A real Hawks fan would know that. spiteful.gif

Just a quick look and there's about 20 games on TV for out of market fans. That's probably the total from the last 5 years combined.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Easy schedule? There is no such thing.

Hawks must give their all night in and night out. I don't wanna see no losses to the Sixers, Pistons, Hornets, Knicks, Celts and all of their horrific counterparts. Must play 48 minutes every game!

GO HAWKS!

Man . . that's an indication to me that an all-black court is coming.   The logo in the middle might still be red, but the rest of the court could very well be all black, with a volt and/or white scheme in the paint, out of bounds, and 3 point line.

I think they're going to do something radical.

Man . . that's an indication to me that an all-black court is coming. The logo in the middle might still be red, but the rest of the court could very well be all black, with a volt and/or white scheme in the paint, out of bounds, and 3 point line.

I think they're going to do something radical.

I thought that too but then I remembered Koonin saying that the court needed to be a light color for the 3D projection thingy so now I'm not too sure.

I hope they go radical with a granite gray court.

Our schedule strength looks a good bit easier than lastyear.

We only have 2 stretches of 4 games in 5 nights. The unfortunate thing about these two is that they are both in November when we will still be working towards getting healthy and getting accustomed to the new guys.

There are only 27 instances of 4 games in 5 nights in the entire league. Why do we get 2 of them? Should be one for every team. Bull kaka Silver!!!