• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Atlanta teams uni's rank last

capstone21

I remember not too long ago when the Denver Broncos changed their uniforms and how folks howled about how ugly they were. Two Super Bowls titles later and people weren't talking much about that anymore. Win a Super Bowl and take home an NBA World title and I assure you that those who critique our team's uniforms will somehow find something else to cry about...

• Moderators

I am red/green colorblind and am insulted by this statement.  I could easily do better than the Patriots uniforms!

Oops sorry.   I meant to say color-challenged.   Hey, what do you think about those new glasses that let you see color?   Would that work in your case?

• Moderators

Oops sorry.   I meant to say color-challenged.   Hey, what do you think about those new glasses that let you see color?   Would that work in your case?

I have tried those and they are pretty neat.  It is hard to tell if they let you see color the same as others do, though.  I can see a difference in how I see some colors (usually it isn't a huge deal but occasionally it is dramatic) but whether that means I am seeing like someone who isn't color blind is hard to say since I don't know what it is supposed to look like!  

• Like 1

I'm still on the fence when it comes to the new uniforms.  Just need to see them on the court for a while to decide.  But honestly, if the Hawks are winning, who cares.

Calling the Falcons uniform a "clown costume" is laughable.  It's one of the best uniforms in the league.  The Braves uniform is plain, but it has a classic look.

-2 points for the GA Dome which is being replaced by a state of the art stadium in just over a year?  This guy is really stretching to justify his rankings...

Braves have one of the best uniforms in baseball. CLASSIC and nice looking. The Falcons DO have bozo the clown uniforms. NEVER liked them at all. The Hawks uniforms, like you said, can go either way. Have to see them on the court first.

Edited by atlhawks1

Braves have one of the best uniforms in baseball. CLASSIC and nice looking. The Falcons DO have bozo the clown uniforms. NEVER liked them at all. The Hawks uniforms, like you said, can go either way. Have to see them on the court first.

Classic doesn't mean good.

This writer is just another old man/hipster who doesn't wanna get with the times and thinks every jersey should be plain and boring. Modernized jersey in general look much better than bland classic jerseys that took 0 thought to make with a couple exceptions

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chris Vivlamore: Was told that adidas, Nike and UnderArmour are all creating basketball shoes with coloring specific to Hawks’ new uniforms.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Chris Vivlamore: Was told that adidas, Nike and UnderArmour are all creating basketball shoes with coloring specific to Hawks’ new uniforms.

– via Twitter CVivlamoreAJC

I want them...hell I had my dentist make me a Hawks logo mouthpiece for bball rec league a couple years ago...I need the shoes now lol

Hawks logo makes the 'elite' group in this latest logo ranking.  Take that @Sothron.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-definitive-nba-logo-rankings/

hawks.png?w=150&h=150

11. ATLANTA HAWKS

We’re into elite territory now. Sakahara’s hawk clutching a basketball was the best of the mid-1990s cartoon boom, probably because it was the least cartoony of that bunch. But it will be gone next season, after a pile of research pointed to the obvious: Fans just love the Pac-Man.

Goes on to explain how the new logo was developed without being a simple regurgitation of the 80's logo.  I was curious to read that the "Atlanta Hawks Basketball Club" thing was actually Bud's idea.  Hadn't read that anywhere but perhaps I just overlooked it.

Says the main logo will be red/white only and will stay that way.  Probably a nod to all those old, fuddy-duddy, no cellphone having fans ...

• Premium Member

I've always loved the pac man logo and the new version of it is, dare I say, better. I don't like the basketball club stuff around it but the actual logo is awesome. Too bad the jerseys don't display that simple classiness of a simple red and white.

• Admin

I've always loved the pac man logo and the new version of it is, dare I say, better. I don't like the basketball club stuff around it but the actual logo is awesome. Too bad the jerseys don't display that simple classiness of a simple red and white.

I don't like that on there either but it is a requirement that the primary logo has the team name in it so that is why it is there.  Any shirt I buy will only have the pacman ... no Basketball Club