• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I know DMC really stepped up last season

capstone21

• Admin

but until then we thought he belonged on the bench.

One of the reasons we went after Deng was because it was thought that the team needed a starting SF (Even though we had DMC).

Actually for the first month or so there were a lot of calls for him to be benched.

He started to play well and stepped up.  A good reason for that was his work ethic but also because of our system.  

Our system is catered to allow guys to play well as long as you buy in so hopefully one of our SF candidates will become a quality starter.  Maybe Holiday might be a pleasant surprise.

Don't forget we plucked DMC out of nowhere and gave him practically a 2 year min deal

• Like 3

DMC was really good for us last year but he was our fifth option. My only worry is that none of the wings we brought in have Carroll's size. I honestly think Bazemore + Hardaway more than fills the gap offensively but lack defensively, where Thabo is kind of the opposite. Carroll fit like a glove on both sides of the court.

Edited by TheFuzz
  • Like 1

• Moderators

DMC was really good for us last year but he was our fifth option. My only worry is that none of the wings we brought in have Carroll's size. I honestly think Bazemore + Hardaway more than fills the gap offensively but lack defensively, where Thabo is kind of the opposite. Carroll fit like a glove on both sides of the court.

That's my worry too.  Thabo's health seems questionable and other than him we have a bunch of SGs.  Fine on offense.  Suspect on defense.

I remember people calling for Thabo to start over Demarre last preseason citing his ability to finish arpund the rim better. I too am worried about our size on the wing defensively behind Thabo. Kyle did defend a lot of opposing 3's last year and he has the size to do it but you arent going to put him on Lebron or Durant.

Offensively we are going to be ok. Hardaway Jr is going to light it up for us off the bench. He is going to be Crawford 2.0 for us I just hope we can refine his defense.