• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Other teams' bubble SFs who we might be in a position to pick up

sturt

After playing the 4 n 76ers last night....Here is a trade for us.

It looks like the 'Hinke style Tank' is over - they are looking for vets to help direct their young team.

Here's my trade proposal:

Shelvin Mack and Mike Muscala for Jerami Grant and Richaun Holmes.  

Philly gets a backup PG to assist Ish Smith and a backup big to groom who can spread the floor for Noel and Okafor (and Embiid when and if he gets back on the court). Mack has a team option fro next season and Moose's contract is non-guaranteed so Philly controls their fate next season.

The Hawks get a SF with legit size to groom and an athletic PF/C who's more rugged than Moose.

• Premium Member

Been a Grant fan for awhile, but as  you read up on Philly, and especially their coach's comments concerning him, you get a lot of sense that they see him as a Josh Smith type of developing player--ie, someone with a big upside and who has been steadily making progress, but even better, has the right attitude that Smoove may have had only sporadically.

So, that said, I get the impression that he's one of the least available players on the team, and I gave up on that prospect. Of course, his -30 +/- last night is pretty lousy, but evidently, that's an aberration... it's been said more than once that he's been a bright spot for them this season among all the doom and gloom.

I'd love to see it happen though. I think that that's the kind of guy we need to be targeting ultimately to have in our toolbox for the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, sturt said:

Been a Grant fan for awhile, but as  you read up on Philly, and especially their coach's comments concerning him, you get a lot of sense that they see him as a Josh Smith type of developing player--ie, someone with a big upside and who has been steadily making progress, but even better, has the right attitude that Smoove may have had only sporadically.

So, that said, I get the impression that he's one of the least available players on the team, and I gave up on that prospect. Of course, his -30 +/- last night is pretty lousy, but evidently, that's an aberration... it's been said more than once that he's been a bright spot for them this season among all the doom and gloom.

I'd love to see it happen though. I think that that's the kind of guy we need to be targeting ultimately to have in our toolbox for the playoffs.

Not sure a "Josh Smith type developing player" is a compliment.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Good info,  I didn't read up on anything thing regarding his standing with the team.

Does that mean they are interested in moving Covington since the also have Sampson who is currently starting. 

I haven't checked the salaries but I would offer same deal for Covington adding a 2nd rounder if needed.

• Premium Member

If you'd asked anytime before this season started, Covington was regarded as a core piece as well, ie based on his carrying the team's offense to the degree he did last season. Today, yeah, that appears to be much more of a question given that Sampson is getting as much PT as he is. Is that a temporary thing, or have they seriously soured on Covington... dunno and probably no one has a good handle on that. I do think this, though... they're likely going to want a scorer asset back in trade for Covington, because of the offensive potential he represents to them. You perhaps might be able to swing a deal straight-up for Hardaway assuming he continues to get PT and show some production. Sampson might be the easier (least costly) deal to make, though, and he's also the better-regarded defender of the two.

The more I think about this, the more I think Philly is an ideal trade partner.

They have a plethora of wings and bigs plus they also have Saric who is supposed to be coming over next season.  Is he a SF or PF.

What would it take to get Saric?

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

How about Teague for Saric, Grant and Holmes.

Comon @JayBirdHawk. In the past, you always valued our players. Now you want to trade our all star pg for a guy whose never played in the NBA, a bench guy and a rookie? Comonnnnnnn neooowwwww..lol

6 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

Comon @JayBirdHawk. In the past, you always valued our players. Now you want to trade our all star pg for a guy whose never played in the NBA, a bench guy and a rookie? Comonnnnnnn neooowwwww..lol

I do still value them, I also know the team needs an upgrade in some spots now and for the future.

I'm just really entertaining myself with trade ideas, since I'm not being entertained enough on the Squawk.:tongue:

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

I do still value them, I also know the team needs an upgrade in some spots.

I'm just really entertaining myself with trade ideas, since I'm not being entertained enough on the Squawk.:tongue:

I feel ya. We certainly have a lot of holes on the squad but if I'm trading Teague, I want a borderline all star or a spectacular young talent in return. I guess Saric could be that, I'm just scared of guys who take a while to come over from Europe...see Fran Vasquez...:-/

i I know at times we aren't entertained enough on squawk but when you say this, you know damn well @kg01 is gonna take several swings at comedy for us. Smh..lol

4 minutes ago, Spud2Nique said:

I feel ya. We certainly have a lot of holes on the squad but if I'm trading Teague, I want a borderline all star or a spectacular young talent in return. I guess Saric could be that, I'm just scared of guys who take a while to come over from Europe...see Fran Vasquez...:-/

i I know at times we aren't entertained enough on squawk but when you say this, you know damn well @kg01 is gonna take several swings at comedy for us. Smh..lol

I think being drafted by the Sixers was why he didn't come over.  He also had a huge buyout for this season that wasn't worth it.  I think if he waits one more year he won't be bound by the rookie pay scale either.

The Wrath of @kg01 will be felt.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Teague for Noel and Grant..

You would have to take back salary so Teague/Moose for Noel/Landry works  ... I don't see them trading away both of their power forwards right now.  

However Noel is gettable for an all star pg who has an awesome salary.  Noel and Okafor do not work together ... they also have Embiid next season ... not to forget Saric coming over and they are going to try for PF Ben Simmons in the draft.   Noel will definitely be on the market and point guard is their biggest need.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to trade Teague (I prefer him to Dennis) ... just pointing out a potential scenario that might make sense

4 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

You would have to take back salary so Teague/Moose for Noel/Landry works  ... I don't see them trading away both of their power forwards right now.  

However Noel is gettable for an all star pg who has an awesome salary.  Noel and Okafor do not work together ... they also have Embiid next season ... not to forget Saric coming over and they are going to try for PF Ben Simmons in the draft.   Noel will definitely be on the market and point guard is their biggest need.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to trade Teague (I prefer him to Dennis) ... just pointing out a potential scenario that might make sense

Yep, Philly also has a ton of picks and I think with Colangelo there will be looking for 'young' vets in lieu of too many rookies.

I'd prefer to keep Dennis.  I think he still has more room to grow and be better.  Teague seems to have leveled off.  I expected him to take the step and it's been disappointed. I'm  just concerned that this is the Teague we'll get going forward without another jump.  The season is still relatively young and I hope he turns it around but I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

They just traded for Ish.   I doubt they are interested in another PG right now.  

Plus there's this:

30-rock-chicken-dance-film-dancing-13643

Except Ish is not a lead guard, he's a journey man stop gap fill in.

Jeff starts, Ish the backup.