• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well it is started ... Dennis wants to start

capstone21

If Teague continues his upward trojectory why shouldn't he ask for the max...max contracts are being handed out like candy on Halloween or like Oprah giving away cars...you get a max, you get a max,  Everybody gets a max. He will either get it from the Hawks or another team.

I think the opportunity is there.   I actually think that Dennis is rushing himself out, we do have Shelvin Mack as a capable backup and I would move Dennis to Philly for Dario Saric.

Philly needs a PG.  They don't have a strong need for Saric and he plays the European ball style that we like.

If Saric could come over this season I'd do this in a heartbeat and never look back. With Mack and maybe Patterson, I don't think we'd fall of much at all, if any. Saric would be a great addition, great fit, a position of need, but unfortunately it seems like the earliest he could come here would be next year. But if we could somehow get him bought out I think that would answer a lot of questions and be a great deal for us. I think that kid is the real deal. probably won't happen but it's fun to dream.

I wouldn't trade Jeff or Dennis till after the playoffs unless we get a no brainer like Paul George or Melo. 

I wouldn't mind Otto Porter or Dario Saric for Dennis. It's gonna take a lot for us to trade either very talented player. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I know it's "just preseason", but Schröder along with guys like Muscala, Hardaway and Holiday have not looked very good.  I get Holiday and Hardaway are new and still trying to fit in, but Schröder and Muscala should be showing signs of progress, not regression.

• Like 1

I know it's "just preseason", but Schröder along with guys like Muscala, Hardaway and Holiday have not looked very good.  I get Holiday and Hardaway are new and still trying to fit in, but Schröder and Muscala should be showing signs of progress, not regression.

@Jody23 I just posted in the game thread about Muscala. 

The poor play of these 4 have me doubting my previous predictions for this season.  We are going to take a noticeable step back if some of them don't get it together, particularly Dennis 

• Like 1

BLTeague is signed to an incredible contract which expires end of '16/'17. Which 1) keeps him elevating his game to land that big lifetime deal and 2) makes him the hyper-valuable trade piece in '16/'17. Shredder is still signed to his cheap rookie deal and already in the team option years, through '17/'18 (RFA). If Dennis continues improving at his current clip, Jeff gets traded sometime next year.

Shredder has more speed, swagger, starpower, hunger, and leadership DNA. Plus a higher ceiling. He could be that *STAR* the Hawks fans crave, by age 25, on a new 5-yr deal...

based on what mentioned about their contracts I don't understand why everyone is getting so worked up and saying "oh we have to trade Teague now" assuming Dennis becomes better.

But the reality is that if Bud wanted to...he could keep them both. I don't think for one second that bud is going to trade Teague or Dennis. Bud has repeatedly said how much he likes the speed those two bring when they are on the court together.

i know as fans we sit here and say why would we put that much money into the pg position...well if it's extremely valuable and it is...and if the coach has deep love for these guys and he does...and if that coach runs things and he does...us as fans have to realize that those two pgs of ours are going to be apart of this franchise for a while.

just like bud said not to be surprised when we see Dennis and Teague out there at the same time though we have a lot more wing options bud still says those two will get plenty of time on the floor together...it's not shocking that bud is heavily training Teague to work off ball more!

Truth is whether you my fellow hawk fans like it or not the pg position is locked down for the future lead by both Teague and Dennis....these dudes ain't going no where unless their play declines which isn't likely for neither one

Edited by JTB

I wouldn't trade Jeff or Dennis till after the playoffs unless we get a no brainer like Paul George or Melo. 

I wouldn't mind Otto Porter or Dario Saric for Dennis. It's gonna take a lot for us to trade either very talented player. 

yup...unless the trade is obvious those guys are staying put.

Then you're suggesting that neither PG is going to be the answer unless what Arnovitz said is wrong. Because it really sounds like if Teague wants the max=he gone. Just like with the amount of money Carroll wanted.

when Teague hits the market we will be able to pay him...the situation is different than DMC and Teague is actually worth his asking price unlike DMC.

You have to keep in mind the salary cap in the NBA continues to go up and the fact the we have new owners who have expressed that they aren't cheap like the ASG. Also and this is a BIG one other than the owners...keep in mind that Bud has all the power over this franchise and will likely keep the power unless this team suddenly dramatically declines but I think it's safe to say bud will be running this franchise for a long time.

If Teague continues his upward trojectory why shouldn't he ask for the max...max contracts are being handed out like candy on Halloween or like Oprah giving away cars...you get a max, you get a max,  Everybody gets a max. He will either get it from the Hawks or another team.

He's a sure top 10 pg now...give that man his money.

The poor play of these 4 have me doubting my previous predictions for this season.  We are going to take a noticeable step back if some of them don't get it together, particularly Dennis 

@JETSET  Last preseason, we had Bazemore and JohnJ backing up Korver at SG. Thabo was DMCs backup. This year it will be Baze starting (I think) with Thabo backing him up so that leaves some combination of THJr, Holiday and Lamar as backup SG. I agree that the preseason hasn't been pretty but I think we can get something from 1 of those 3 we got from Baze.  What was Bazemore's preseason like last year, I can't remember?

The success of the 2nd unit hinges on Dennnis' ability to set the tone and lead them. If he can't or won't,  hey Shelly or LP.

Like I said previously, Dennis may want to start but he has to prove he can consistently and make another leap, show you can make Jeff expendable.  

Stop worrying about the job you want and worry about keeping the one you have - backup PG to Jeff Teague. 

@JETSET  Last preseason, we had Bazemore and JohnJ backing up Korver at SG. Thabo was DMCs backup. This year it will be Baze starting (I think) with Thabo backing him up so that leaves some combination of THJr, Holiday and Lamar as backup SG. I agree that the preseason hasn't been pretty but I think we can get something from 1 of those 3 we got from Baze.  What was Bazemore's preseason like last year, I can't remember?

The success of the 2nd unit hinges on Dennnis' ability to set the tone and lead them. If he can't or won't,  hey Shelly or LP.

Like I said previously, Dennis may want to start but he has to prove he can consistently and make another leap, show you can make Jeff expendable.  

Stop worrying about the job you want and worry about keeping the one you have - backup PG to Jeff Teague. 

I don't think Baze played last preseason. He was recovering from the foot surgery and didn't get any time with Bud and the staff in the offseason.  I'm really high on Baze this year and think he's going to take a noticeable leap after working with the staff all summer.  

I agree that we should be fine as long as one of THJR or Holiday can step up and provide what Baze did at the end of last season. That's assuming Dennis actually makes a positive contribution to this team. 

I don't think Baze played last preseason. He was recovering from the foot surgery and didn't get any time with Bud and the staff in the offseason.  I'm really high on Baze this year and think he's going to take a noticeable leap after working with the staff all summer.  

I agree that we should be fine as long as one of THJR or Holiday can step up and provide what Baze did at the end of last season. That's assuming Dennis actually makes a positive contribution to this team. 

I forgot about Baze's foot - good call. I think he makes a leap as well.

I forgot about Baze's foot - good call. I think he makes a leap as well.

The good thing is our schedule is very easy over the first 17 games.  We have 0 games vs the top 6 in the West over that span and only 3 games against what should be the top 6 in the East (not including us).  We play Miami, Washington and Cleveland (without Kyrie and Shumpert). We avoid Chi, Tor, Milw, GSW, OKC, SAS, LAC, Hous, Mem.

That should allow us to start off hot while the guys are still finding their place on the team. 

I don't mind Oprah giving away cars at at, but once she starts givin away her vajajay...all bets are off...

I am not worried about Dennis, he looked great when he plays with the starters as well as Holiday. Hardaway produced at times but i am a tad worried about him. Muscala is a scrub. He's our new Ayón. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Most important

SPOX:How have you changed personally? Before the season started you said, that the third year is a major one, and that you want to start as a Point guard soon - and might even leave Atlanta if that doesn't happen

Schröder: Thats complete nonsense. I actually didn't want to comment this issue anymore, since my words got twisted the last time I did. Of course I want to start eventually, that goes without saying. But I never said I want to leave Atlanta, if I'm not a starter soon.