• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations from tonight

capstone21

• Admin

Live by the three die by the three

This is not the way to start the season

really felt like we were not moving without the ball

We were not passing the ball around ... it felt more ISO tonight (blame both PGs)

good to see we fixed the rebounding issues.... Pistons destroyed us on the offensive glass

Thabo was our best player out there...his D and passing was excellent

Our point guards were looking for their shots and didnt seem to care about getting others as involved.   That has to change

Baz was easily the worst player on the floor tonight ... he was a mess and it really showed

Pleasantly surprised to see Patterson getting into the rotation.  He played well too.  Keep that play up young man and you may take Baz's spot.

What happened to Holiday and THjr?

Splitter showed me some nice little things ... he has a nose for the ball and will be nice asset for us going forward

KK was off

Al didn't get his first rebound until the 4th quarter ... unacceptable

Didn't like the two point guard lineup last year and still hate it this year.  It doesn't work ... we were up 5 when they were put in together.

Paul was solid.

Drummand killed up off the glass.

KCP was having a JR Smith night 

Morris looks good in a Pistons uni

Damn you Brooklyn ... we should have had a chance at Stanley!

Hope the Moose is going to be okay.

Scott should have gotten in earlier ... he is instant offense and we needed offense

Our d wasn't bad but we couldn't rebound

If we played our Hawks style we could have won this game ... was not in sync tonight

On to the next one.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

#1 is that we got out rebounded by 18 and this is why we lost period.  We aren't going to out shoot or be more efficient than other teams because Korver isn't the same player anymore so we have to grind it out like Memphis does by valuing rebounding.  So you can't keep putting in these midget line ups anymore because they won't work.  Milsap and Scott need to move to the 3 and we need to play Splitter and Edy more @ the 5 position.  We aren't a good enough shooting team to win playing small ball so Bud needs to scrap that 2 point guard line up too!

• Like 1

1. What exactly was that offense they were running.

2. Team did not seem ready, they played like it was preseason

3. Bazemore was pressing, 4 TOs

4. Teague's effort was non existant and he did a piss poor job of running the club, 5 TOs. 

5. Too much ISO, and throwing up 3s early in shot clock, no ball or player movement at all.

6. Rebounding.....mmmmmm

7.  Dennis was the only one who seemed ready to play and into the game, he did look for his shot too much but his defense was good. 

7.  Thabo's D was awesome

8. Rebounding - Pistons just had another offensive rebound

9.  Moose got hurt, might be time to activate Edy, we need rebounding help

10.  Patterson playing as many minutes as he did surprised me but he played well

11. Rebounding - thanks for your 4 Al

12. Millsap started hot then he just started jacking shots

13. We were a step slow defensively all night, got beat to every loose ball.

14. Why were we in road black unis - confused the heck outta me. 

15.  59-40 Rebounds, 23 offensive -  ball game right there.

we lost the first game last season, this is exactly the way you start the season without a superstar that way a fire gets lit and you start to play some dam ball. On another note teague needs to come off the dam bench im sorry, the inconsistency is at an all time high and Schröder seems like he ready

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BrandonJ0 said:

we lost the first game last season, this is exactly the way you start the season without a superstar that way a fire gets lit and you start to play some dam ball. On another note teague needs to come off the dam bench im sorry, the inconsistency is at an all time high and Schröder seems like he ready

Sorry bro, the guards didn't lose this game.  The game was lost up front.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

#1 is that we got out rebounded by 18 and this is why we lost period.  We aren't going to out shoot or be more efficient than other teams because Korver isn't the same player anymore so we have to grind it out like Memphis does by valuing rebounding.  So you can't keep putting in these midget line ups anymore because they won't work.  Milsap and Scott need to move to the 3 and we need to play Splitter and Edy more @ the 5 position.  We aren't a good enough shooting team to win playing small ball so Bud needs to scrap that 2 point guard line up too!

Yeah Bud has to  be less predictable on how he uses Korver. I saw late in the game Korver got some good looks inside the 3 point line.  He needs to do that more. Rebounding isn't going to get any better since Bud coaches the guys to get back on defense instead of going after offensive rebounds. The shots weren't falling tonight for Korver and Horford but they'll go in one day. 

Millsap and Scott don't have the lateral quickness to play the 3. Scott's basketball IQ is bad too. More Edy and Splitter would be good. 

5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sorry bro, the guards didn't lose this game.  The game was lost up front.

That may be true but I don't think either PG did a good job of quarterbacking the team tonight.  They have to set the tone/pace of the game and they didn't. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Rebounding isn't going to get any better since Bud coaches the guys to get back on defense instead of going after offensive rebounds.

Dude...The Piston got 23 offensive rebounds and plus we didn't have any problems getting offensive rebounds when Splitter was in the game.

• Like 1

Even though I was close to pulling my hair out, I would like to add that it's just one game so everyone should

R E L A X

This isn't college football and we looked alright in the first half.  

Bazemore and Horford get to share tge Donkey of the Day for sure

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That may be true but I don't think either PG did a good job of quarterbacking the team tonight.  They have to set the tone/pace of the game and they didn't. 

That's my issue with dennis. When he is on his game, he's scoring a ton but no one else is.

When Teague is on his game, everybody benefits.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Rebounding isn't going to get any better since Bud coaches the guys to get back on defense instead of going after offensive rebounds. 

Yeah.....No....Hawks did not take care of their defensive rebounds. That's problem when a team has 23 O-Rebs. I don't care if the Hawks have zero O-Rebs they can't give the other team 23 2nd chance attempts. 

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude...The Piston got 23 offensive rebounds and plus we didn't have any problems getting offensive rebounds when Splitter was in the game.

Yeah everybody needs to get after defensive rebounds, that's no excuse. Reggie Jackson a point guard had just as many defensive rebounds as the Hawks' top rebounders (Baze/Millsap). I notice Horford don't be trying to bang though.  Hawks only had 7 offensive rebounds, Splitter did have 3. Edy should have played more. I guess this is a game where Al should have played more PF especially when Muscula went down. Scott shouldn't play anymore.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, BigDog90 said:

Yeah everybody needs to get after defensive rebounds, that's no excuse. Reggie Jackson a point guard had just as many defensive rebounds as the Hawks' top rebounders (Baze/Millsap). I notice Horford don't be trying to bang though.  Hawks only had 7 offensive rebounds, Splitter did have 3. Edy should have played more. I guess this is a game where Al should have played more PF especially when Muscula went down. Scott shouldn't play anymore.

The solution to this isn't freaking hard...Instead of expecting poor rebounders to get better at rebounding...The Solution is to play strong rebounders more and quit worrying bout how they will fit into the dag gone offense.  We don't score well anyway with them off the floor.  Thabo doesn't score well but he impacts the game in our favor because of his defense and rebounding so play guys like that more period!!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JETSET said:

That's my issue with dennis. When he is on his game, he's scoring a ton but no one else is.

When Teague is on his game, everybody benefits.

True but neither was on tonight. At least Dennis played defense tonight.

1st game of a new season and our All-Star PG wasn't 'on' .  Didn't like that. Bud calls him the 'Engine' for a reason.

• Premium Member

We need a small forward. There's no getting around it. We can have our bigs box out and let the wings rebound. We were demolished on the glass tonight. The only reason we lost was all the offensive rebounds we gave Detroit over and over and over again.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The solution to this isn't freaking hard...Instead of expecting poor rebounders to get better at rebounding...The Solution is to play strong rebounders more and quit worrying bout how they will fit into the dag gone offense.  We don't score well anyway with them off the floor.  Thabo doesn't score well but he impacts the game in our favor because of his defense and rebounding so play guys like that more period!!!!!

True. I guess they could do the Twin Towers thing like the Spurs did with Robinson/Duncan.

- We don't have the talent of Golden State or Cleveland. What made us special last year was our effort and defense. The only time we looked good last night was the stretch where we were forcing turnovers. We need to get back to that.

- Our 3 point shooting may be a big problem. The only reliable shooter in the rotation is Korver and even he was off. Teams will not be giving him 3s anymore. Millsap, Horford, Teague, Bazemore... We can't win games when they are bricking shots. Missing DMC doesn't help either.

- Offensive rebounding hurt us. Nothing new here. We may try a big lineup with Tiago-Horford-Millsap but our shooting and spacing will suffer then. Tough equation to solve. 

- Bazemore will be fine. He was just nervous and trying to do too much.

- Lamar looked really comfortable there and deserves minutes, which makes me wonder what the hell are we going to do with ThJr.