• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do We....

Diesel

MaseC is right here @Peoriabird.  There's certainly a perception that Budz doesn't value boarding but the reality is that it's more complicated than that.  Furthermore, there's evidence that he does indeed value rebounding.

Lastly, how are passing on washed-up a** Deng and jettisoning DLeague-worthy Payne considered bad moves?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

MaseC is right here @Peoriabird.  There's certainly a perception that Budz doesn't value boarding but the reality is that it's more complicated than that.  Furthermore, there's evidence that he does indeed value rebounding.

Lastly, how are passing on washed-up a** Deng and jettisoning DLeague-worthy Payne considered bad moves?

I think he meant passing on the T-Wolve's Dieng in the draft.  We took Bebe and Dennis over him.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, is that why he traded for a Shooting guard that can't shoot,  play defense or fits this offense over Bobby Portis

19 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think he meant passing on the T-Wolve's Dieng in the draft.  We took Bebe and Dennis over him.

Ah, that makes more sense.  I hate it when people spell things wrong.

What!?

Still, that's on Ferry not Budz.

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah, is that why he traded for a Shooting guard that can't shoot,  play defense or fits this offense over Bobby Portis

I liked Portis too but I think we all preferred upgrading the wing with an experienced player.  No one knew he'd be injured and slow to adapt.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Is he a better rebounder than Mike Scott?

Payne is literally hanging on to a spot in the league but the slimmest of slender threads yet you speak of him as if he's some savior.  Is everybody in the league an idiot when it comes to Payne's awesome(sic) skills?

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I liked Portis too but I think we all preferred upgrading the wing with an experienced player.  No one knew he'd be injured and slow to adapt.

Payne is literally hanging on to a spot in the league but the slimmest of slender threads yet you speak of him as if he's some savior.  Is everybody in the league an idiot when it comes to Payne's awesome(sic) skills?

So how many Shooting guards does a team need?  And don't pretend that Mike Scott is some budding superstar that isn't hanging on to a roster spot by a tread as a 6th year player vs a 2nd year player in Payne.  By the way, Payne's per is 18.86 vs Scott's 11.43.  Hardly barely hang on in the league

2 minutes ago, rd79 said:

Oh having a DMC again would be nice. But I think Big Cous would prefer Dennis to be our primary ball handler.

Now that's sneaky good.

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So how many Shooting guards does a team need?  And don't pretend that Mike Scott is some budding superstar that isn't hanging on to a roster spot by a tread as a 6th year player vs a 2nd year player in Payne.  By the way, Payne's per is 18.86 vs Scott's 11.43.  Hardly barely hang on in the league

Ok so his PER is fantastic.  What's his actual impact during games?  Negligible, that what.  Has Payne EVER impacted an NBA game?  Not even close.  He's not worth even talking about.  For that matter, neither is Scott but at least he can fall into a 3 every once in a while.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Just got over laughing.  You are a smart poster so I know you did that as a joke.  Just for other posters who might not get your sarcasm:

Payne's PER over 781 career minutes is an 8.1.  He has played 42 minutes over Minnesota's 10 games -- less than half the time Patterson has for the Hawks.

Scott's PER over 3106 career minutes is an almost double 15.2.

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not all of us were on board with that trade.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Just got over laughing.  You are a smart poster so I know you did that as a joke.  Just for other posters who might not get your sarcasm:

Payne's PER over 781 career minutes is an 8.1.  He has played 42 minutes over Minnesota's 10 games -- less than half the time Patterson has for the Hawks.

Scott's PER over 3106 career minutes is an almost double 15.2.

Scott has had some good years in the past but the last 2 have been very bad.  He isn't worth being in the rotation

• Moderators
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Scott has had some good years in the past but the last 2 have been very bad.  He isn't worth being in the rotation

It is more that Payne has been abysmal in his NBA career and hasn't earned anything approaching a rotation spot in Minnesota.  We didn't deal him because we loved Scott so much.  We dumped Payne for a future first because we realized we blew our pick.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

Not all of us were on board with that trade.

True.  However, my intention was to state that we all recognized the need for a wing over a project rookie big.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

True.  However, my intention was to state that we all recognized the need for a wing over a project rookie big.

We needed a Small forward and THJR is far from that.  Plus he appears to be some what of a project himself.

I love Milsap, but honestly I'm not a huge Horford fan. I think he's an odd guy. He's a talented 4/5 offensively, but he is soft in the paint. We need a banger to come off the bench and Splitter isn't that guy. We also need a scorer at the 2 guard that can slash and shoot. Korver won't cut it much longer. I love him, but he's a 6th man. If we could find a solid 2 guard that can score and a banger that plays 10-15 minutes a game with good rebounding and defense I think we would be an even better team. I trust bud though. We had the best year EVER last year, so let's give the guy a little wiggle room.

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

We needed a Small forward and THJR is far from that.  Plus he appears to be some what of a project himself.

At the time of the draft we needed a SG  more because of Kyle's injury.  The initial thinking was DMC was going to be back.

Since I've been on this board it seems like all I've heard was  we've traded everybody for 'nothing'.

Joe for Nothing

Josh left for nothing

Lou and Bebe for nothing

It's a wonder we can field a team.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

At the time of the draft we needed a SG  more because of Kyle's injury.  The initial thinking was DMC was going to be back.

Since I've been on this board it seems like we've traded everybody for 'nothing'.

Joe for Nothing

Josh left for nothing

Lou and Bebe for nothing

It's a wonder we can field a team.

Not trades for "nothing". They were traded for opportunities! 

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We had Bazemore to play the 2 and Jenkins for cheap.  They knew early on that the team could not afford both sap and DMC

• Moderators

I don't know how we are talking about Payne as something other than a big drafting mistake.   He's buried on the bench behind Meadowlark Lemon, Kevin Garnett, and Bjelica, a 2010 2nd rounder.   Since Isaiah Thomas isn't a GM anymore there was no one to fleece to unload him.  

• Like 1