Ive figured Bud out. Your guards ARE your bigs..

Hawkmoor

It's all making since now. Getting rid of Payne so soon. Acquiring hardaway, the pero Max minutes as a stretch big, horford being used the same way this year, dennis's Max minutes. The constant drives to the basket by teague, baze and Dennis.

Bud is running a inside out offense wherein your backcourt IS your inside game, with Sap floating between the wing and frontcourt. Horford is your TRUE back court.   This mess is a joke and I'm not buying into it anymore.

Bud is trying to be smarter than everybody else but it ain't working. It's a system failure just as much as a talent failure. To complicate matters, the investors of the Hawk's disguised as owners, gave bud ALL the keys to the team because they are gonna flip the team after they increase its value.

Edited by Hawkmoor

2 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

It's all making since now. Getting rid of Payne so soon. Acquiring hardaway, the pero Max minutes as a stretch big, horford being used the same way this year, dennis's Max minutes. The constant drives to the basket by teague, baze and Dennis.

Bud is running a inside out offense wherein your backcourt IS your inside game, with Sap floating between the wing and frontcourt. Horford is your TRUE back court.   This mess is a joke and I'm not buying into it anymore.

Bud is trying to be smarter than everybody else but it ain't working. It's a system failure just as much as a talent failure. To complicate matters, the investors of the Hawk's disguised as owners, gave bud ALL the keys to the team because they are gonna flip the team after they increase its value.

He doesn't want big men to play a traditional inside game... He wants bigs that will play outside that will also pass the ball... The biggest problem with Bud's game plan is that the NBA center is not dying off like everyone thought. For several years we saw guys like KG, Dirk, Durant, Bosh and other such guys come into the league. The problem is that now we have Davis, Drummond, Lopez, Whiteside and other more traditional center coming back into the league,

The center position is NOT dying off. It is seeing a resurgence. 

Now I realized what you’re talking about…

Atlanta can’t really play an inside out game with a legit post big because they really actually don’t have shooters. Outside of Korver it’s Bazemore and….uhhhhh… (Not buying Teague as a 38% three point shooter, it’s too early to tell if this is a good year from downtown for Sefolosha, and it’s getting so far away from Scott’s good first half of last season from downtown, it’s close to time to not expect it to come back for him)

21 hours ago, Lurker said:

Atlanta can’t really play an inside out game with a legit post big because they really actually don’t have shooters. Outside of Korver it’s Bazemore and….uhhhhh… (Not buying Teague as a 38% three point shooter, it’s too early to tell if this is a good year from downtown for Sefolosha, and it’s getting so far away from Scott’s good first half of last season from downtown, it’s close to time to not expect it to come back for him)

What?

We don't play with a legit post big because we don't have one (Sap is our best post player).  A legit post big requires a double team which would leave our shooters OPEN.  It's not complicated.

Which Squawker posted stats for our percentage of open shots made as opposed to contested shots.  IIRC the Hawks are good in the wide open shot department.

In the words of @NBASupes - one star thread.

On 12/1/2015, 5:11:25, Lurker said:

What I mean is the hawk's have their inside players, playing on the outside, which, in theory, should pull the opponents interior defense out to the perimeter to defend it, which would open lanes for the hawks guards to penetrate.

Since, like you said, this team is really not THAT good at shooting for FOUR quarters, teams let them shoot and stay home to block shots and control the boards.

It all evens out because the hawks will go cold from outside, just like they did tonight s Toronto.

Edited by Hawkmoor

On 11/29/2015, 9:32:13, Hawkmoor said:

This kinda worked last year because of Pero screens and  Dmc around the basket game but we lack both, got even more software and now we suck. I hope we somehow get Ben Simmons. 

• Like 1